gnutar and Mavericks

Started by gdicus, January 25, 2014, 07:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdicus

Hello all,

I'm about to dive into the development world of Magic Lantern and am trying to install the SDK tools.

I have installed pretty much everything, upto and including xCode, MacPort and others.  However, I haven't tried compiling anything, I am concerned that Mavericks does not include gnutar. Should I be concerned, or will bsdtar be workable?

I just want to make sure that my base install is as mainstream as possible to reduce the learning curve for ML development.

If you guys have any suggestions on the best tools to use, that would be helpful as well. I am looking forward to playing with this stuff to see what I can do.

thanks

glenn

jpaana

MacPorts has gnutar, though iirc bsdtar works just as well when symlinked as far as ML is concerned.

dmilligan

dmilligan

I also made an xcode project, but it needs some work to make everything work right and some updating, since there are new files added to the code base since I've last updated it. Also since xcode 5, automatic highlighting build errors in the actual source files where they occur doesn't work.

gdicus

Quote from: dmilligan on January 25, 2014, 05:35:55 PM
I also made an xcode project, but it needs some work to make everything work right and some updating, since there are new files added to the code base since I've last updated it. Also since xcode 5, automatic highlighting build errors in the actual source files where they occur doesn't work.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll post an update to my results asap.

glenn