[UNMAINTAINED] Canon 5D Classic Firmware ** Beta 4 **

Started by coutts, June 14, 2012, 04:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valadorf

For those having trouble with ML, just delete the autoexec.bin then disable the bootstrapping by re-flashing the firmware provided by coutts.

captcha workaround: after writing your message focus on the message field and press ctrl + a to have a copy of what you just wrote in the clipboard so if you sent the wrong captcha you can simply paste it back :D

alexunderboots

coutts

Quote from: valadorf on August 15, 2012, 08:09:30 AM
For those having trouble with ML, just delete the autoexec.bin then disable the bootstrapping by re-flashing the firmware provided by coutts.

captcha workaround: after writing your message focus on the message field and press ctrl + a to have a copy of what you just wrote in the clipboard so if you sent the wrong captcha you can simply paste it back :D
the capchas go away after 3 posts i believe, sorry!

As for removing ML, all you really need to do is format the card to delete the autoexc.bin file and make the card non-bootable. the in-camera bootflag can stay enabled and it won't interfere with anything.

Dimchek

Hi guys!

Before I do it - anybody know how to do if my firstfive will turn to brick?  :)

walta

Quote from: Dimchek on August 15, 2012, 03:16:36 PM
Hi guys!

Before I do it - anybody know how to do if my firstfive will turn to brick?  :)

Just remove the battery and card from your camera, format the CF card, put battery back in, put card back in and boot it.

Canon 5Dc and 400D

Dimchek

Hello!
#1721203605:  the same result as on video: no pictures on LCD, backbuttons doesn't work but small buttons work with slow responce.

walta

Canon 5Dc and 400D

coutts

4.1.1 !?!?!?!? :o whaaaat

that's odd, maybe some error by canon? weird.. maybe we can obtain a firmware dump from him if he is still in contact online

Arnault JL

Hi Coutts,

Thanks for this nice job (and sorry for my poor english  ;) )

No problem to install it on my own 5dc (serial n°: 073050xxxx) and run well, but I not test all features at this time.

Arnault.

ponk

hi
I would like to know how progressed work on porting beta version with a newer firmware 5DC.
shutter count would be a very cool feature in the ML.
thanks for the reply.

Thanks for ml for 5DC amazing work!

sorry for my bad English

5dc-fan

great job!

would it be possible to change the print button (which i never never need) to mirror-lockup-butten?
This would be another real great feature!

PS: Where can I donate für the 5DC ML? I'm shure you will handle it!

coutts

Quote from: 5dc-fan on August 19, 2012, 11:06:40 AM
great job!

would it be possible to change the print button (which i never never need) to mirror-lockup-butten?
This would be another real great feature!

PS: Where can I donate für the 5DC ML? I'm shure you will handle it!
thanks! I could add that in the next release probably (maybe just make a new setting in the menu to enable it). If you want to donate (greatly appreciated!) I have paypal: [email protected]

FF or bust

andrew,

fantastic early efforts on this!  the print button is begging to be used by CFW haha

just a suggestion unrelated to the firmware, but why not put a paypal donation link/button on the front page with your updates?  i believe paypal will create such a hyperlink for you (if you've ever sold on ebay you'll know what i mean)

makes it much easier for those who want to contribute but can't code to save their lives (like me!)

vscd

F.y.i.: 04302055xx works like a charme. I really, really like the Idea for locking up the mirror on a button. But maybe it would be more
versatile to get any CustomFunktion an a Button, so we could assign it with Mirrorlookup or different functions from this menu.

Thumbs up, again! ;)

xnor

DS126091
08305045xx
Works.

Just donated.

You will get more when Auto ISO is implemented. :-)

s6688

Same issue as the other ones. Back-buttons do not work.

DS126091
Serial: 143090XXXX

5dc-fan

Same issue as the other ones. Back-buttons do not work.

DS126091
Serial: 15********

just donated

coutts

I've been pressed for time latey, sorry for no progress. I appreciate the donations, thank you all!

I'm hoping to figure out g3gg0's cache hack boot method in hopes that it will fix this issue of only some cameras working and others don't.

5dc-fan

Would it be possible to integrate some falsh controll?
Means to change the rate of the three e-ttl flash-groups (a, b and c) in the camera menu.

like this at the 5d mk3 ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTUuFGTHskY&feature=youtu.be#t=2m55s

#NAME#

Great work. I thought I'd try it today so I could use the intervalometer.

Sadly, I also got a soft brick. DS126091 / 232*******

Not sure if it's interesting, but when I first started the camera I hit the "play" button and got the typical "No image" message. However, it was subtly different from the typical screen. It's basically text on a black/dark grey background, as per usual, but was a faint change or gap in dithering about 2/3 of the way down. The overall impression it gave was that there was a horizontal line across the screen.

I turned it off immediately, but nothing worked when I switched it back on(except for top LCD related controls). I assume that part is a shared experience.

New to ML.

Sukram

Dear coutts,

please continue your great work! Whatever you will put into the "grande dame" to make her better is welcome!!!
I´m sorry to tell, but my 5D has Nr. 2831xxxxxx and ... guess what ... it doesn´t work :-(
If I can help you any way f.e. testing, please let me know ;-)

Greetinx,

Sukram ... ähm ... Markus :)

ferguscan

FYI,

Serial number 373130xxxx doesn't work :(

Thanks,

Stuart