[UNMAINTAINED] Canon 5D Classic Firmware ** Beta 4 **

Started by coutts, June 14, 2012, 04:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannfilm

Canon 5Dm3, you should clarify / highlight that the ML displays do not show up until you repeatedly toggle "info."

walta

Quote from: mannfilm on April 25, 2013, 07:54:11 PM
Canon 5Dm3, you should clarify / highlight that the ML displays do not show up until you repeatedly toggle "info."

Care to elaborate? This thread is for the 5D Classic ML.

Canon 5Dc and 400D

takitibi

Hello,
I'd like to ask, where I find the last version (beta 5), if it don't work stable. ??

scrax

Quote from: takitibi on May 08, 2013, 09:36:00 PM
Hello,
I'd like to ask, where I find the last version (beta 5), if it don't work stable. ??
try this and report :)
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

white_chapel

Sorry for this newbee question, this thread is on the http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_SLR/EOS_5D/ = Canon EOS 5D Mk I?

I just bought one and have been using CHDK on my SX100iS. Therefore I am interested in ML!  ;)

Rikoshet

5d mk3, 5d mk2, 7d, 550d, gh4

white_chapel

Then I am waiting for ML for the 5D Classic!  ;D

0xAF

There are beta versions already, read the first post in this thread. Scrax is preparing the next beta5 version, which will be available soon I guess.
// AF

takitibi

Quote from: scrax on May 08, 2013, 09:52:57 PM
Thanks! I going to try it and report you! I'm waiting for my CF card reader, because I borrowed for my friend. :-)
I promise I will write a report here. :-) Have a nice day!

dclim

Thank you for present(ML)!
I need a Auto ISO in M mode.
I hope to see Auto ISO in next version. please..
Good for you!

walta

Canon 5Dc and 400D

takitibi

Quote from: scrax on May 08, 2013, 09:52:57 PM
The shot prefrences do that one more shutter raw files can be made​​?
http://takitibi.hu/DL/DSC_0040.jpg
It will be great development would be! :-)
I'm just learning it! Thanks!

takitibi

Candlelight Ball would need even ISO 6400, wedding.
For ex. : http://takitibi.hu/kepek/esk-parok/klau-sasa/images/_MG_3169_DxO-v2.jpg
I take picture on ISO3200, Samyang 14mm/2.8 @2.8 ... It was very small lightning.. :-/ Many pics are bad motion... (lot of blurred)

scrax

Quote from: walta on May 10, 2013, 06:40:31 PM
What would we be looking for that's new from beta4?

there is the new menu junkie mode, bad settings warning and a lot of changes in the backend. Also removed Flash/No Flash because not working.
Tried to add picoc scripting support but is not working for now, needs more work.
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

scrax

Quote from: takitibi on May 12, 2013, 09:26:54 PM
The shot prefrences do that one more shutter raw files can be made​​?
It will be great development would be! :-)
I'm just learning it! Thanks!
Can't understand right your question, that option is to make intervalometer or bracketing doing x time shutter press when shooting.
For example if you have intervalometer set to 10s and Pics at once set to 3 ML will take 3 pics (one after other) every 10s, usually I keep it to 1

Chewe

Hi all again, After all this news hot moves on RAW Recording... i'm wandering if 14bit Still pics can ben enabled on my old beloved 5d classic....

Any chance to see burst on?

Cheers

scrax

Quote from: Chewe on May 20, 2013, 08:29:50 PM
Hi all again, After all this news hot moves on RAW Recording... i'm wandering if 14bit Still pics can ben enabled on my old beloved 5d classic....

Any chance to see burst on?

Cheers

All the RAW is LiveView stuff, not present on 5Dc

glucose

would be nice to have a time function like on the Nikon N6006

half-press to activate, half-press to deactivate  ;D

vscd

Quote from: Chewe on May 20, 2013, 08:29:50 PM

There is no need for 14Bit RAW because you won't see any difference I guess. The Dynamic Range of a 5DC is about 11 EV and even the 5DM3 can't get up to full 12EV. The 14Bit RAW Engines were done on future use, only.

Chewe

Just wondering, it seems that is a thread on a port for 40D/50D. Those can use LV, althought 40D is using VXworks... the same as 5Dc...

I remember that over USB, there would be an option for tethering and use LiveView on computer... any hope to find the string?

Maybe a mode on 5Dc to write lower resolution stills?

scrax

Quote from: Chewe on May 22, 2013, 04:34:42 PM
Just wondering, it seems that is a thread on a port for 40D/50D. Those can use LV, althought 40D is using VXworks... the same as 5Dc...

I remember that over USB, there would be an option for tethering and use LiveView on computer... any hope to find the string?

Maybe a mode on 5Dc to write lower resolution stills?
IIRC only 50D has LiveView in those 3 models, and on that model ML can record, but if there is not LiveView in the Canon firmware there is not a lot that is possible to do, even with same Os

teddy86

just use it on my 5dc yesterday...feels great~!

Lord_o21

I have trouble installing ml on my 5Dc. Blue led just blinks when I try to upgrade firmware. SN#2831202173

scrax

Quote7.) Launch the firmware update process. If you see any red led, then something went wrong. A solid blue led means that the bootdisk is now enabled. A blinking blue led means the bootdisk is now disabled (if you want to completely uninstall ML). Each time you run the firmware update it just toggles the bootdisk to the opposite of whatever it is currently. The installer FIR will make your CF card bootable for you, no further work required here.

You have to run the 5dc.111.ML_INSTALL.fir once. Maybe you did it twice and it reverted back the bootflag. Once you get the solid blue led to restart drop the battery

walta

Quote from: Lord_o21 on May 24, 2013, 12:47:55 PM
I have trouble installing ml on my 5Dc. Blue led just blinks when I try to upgrade firmware. SN#2831202173

Earlier in this thread - I posted some info for the install. You can only have one .fir file at a time on the card.

Also, as scrax says if you run the firmware update with the "5dc.111.ML install.fir" a second time it will turn the bootflag off.

see here:

================================================================================
The instructions aren't too clear.

On your first install you need to do the firmware update with the file named "5dc.111.card bootable.fir" in the root of the card
This makes your card bootable.

Next you have to do the firmware update with the "5dc.111.ML install.fir" file (as well as all the other ones needed for ML)
This installs the ML bootflag.

There is no message that it was successful. The blue light should come on steady - like the instructions say. Then you have to remove the battery to re-boot the camera.

Blinking light means something wasn't installed properly or bootflag is turned OFF.

I'm not sure what the camera does if you do the upgrade firmware process with 2 fir files in the root of the card.
after copying all the files over there, I made sure there was only 1 fir file each time when I did the firmware upgrade process and it worked for me.
================================================================================
Canon 5Dc and 400D