[UNMAINTAINED] Canon 5D Classic Firmware ** Beta 4 **

Started by coutts, June 14, 2012, 04:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devulder

Okay good news !
I'me happy to knows that the ml port dont stop because counts have brick is 5dc !
Thanks 0xAF
5đc  ml beta 4

vscd

sandisk

Good to hear 0xAF. Thanks for your time.
Sold my Canon 5Dc. Now enjoying my 5D2 with liveview and Magic Lantern. INCREDIBLE !

rstone

b0ooo, thanks for the clarity about using only one .fir at a time. This tip worked for me but it works only about 50% of the time for some reason. There is no "Keep Magic Lantern" in the Format menu so I did lose ML twice before the light bulb went off. Well it's a beta so maybe  beta 5 will have that feature? This is a good thing for the 5Dc and I appreciate all that have put time into it. Will donate when it's out of beta for sure.  :)

walta

Quote from: rstone on January 05, 2013, 10:52:20 PM
b0ooo, thanks for the clarity about using only one .fir at a time. This tip worked for me but it works only about 50% of the time for some reason. There is no "Keep Magic Lantern" in the Format menu so I did lose ML twice before the light bulb went off. Well it's a beta so maybe  beta 5 will have that feature? This is a good thing for the 5Dc and I appreciate all that have put time into it. Will donate when it's out of beta for sure.  :)

Which .fir are you running? Bootflag?

Remember this from the Instructions

You only need to run the firmware update to enable the bootflag ONCE. Each time after that will only disable, re-enable, disable, re-enable, etc. the bootflag.

So it turns the bootflag on 50% of the time. Turns it off the other 50%

Canon 5Dc and 400D

scrax

5D arrived finally, installed ML without issue so far.
Instead can't compile from source. make 5DC gives me:

init.o: In function `copy_and_restart':
init.c:(.text+0xc8): undefined reference to `init_code_run'
lens.o: In function `draw_ml_bottombar':
lens.c:(.text+0x2a58): undefined reference to `hdr_video_enabled'

I've patched lens.c to not load that part if 5DC, but on the init.C I can't just remove it. :)
// this is just restart.. without copying
// (kept for compatibility with existing reboot.c)
void copy_and_restart() {

// don't know whether it's needed or not... but probably it's a good idea
    zero_bss();

// lock down caches
    //~ cache_lock();

// jump to modified Canon startup code from entry.S
    // (which will call Create5dplusInit - where we create our tasks)
    init_code_run(2); <<<WITH THIS COMMENTED CAN COMPILE BUT DON'T LOAD.

// unreachable
    while(1) LEDBLUE = LEDON;
}
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

0xAF

Quote from: scrax on January 07, 2013, 11:08:09 PM
5D arrived finally, installed ML without issue so far.
Instead can't compile from source.

Hi scrax, perhaps you would want to try my repo, but ATM it wont run ML, since i still have to fix 2-3 spots in cache hacks.
I can make it run with the old method of booting if you want and commit to the repo.
https://bitbucket.org/0xAF/magic-lantern-5dc-port-wip
// AF

scrax

Quote from: 0xAF on January 07, 2013, 11:41:28 PM
Hi scrax, perhaps you would want to try my repo, but ATM it wont run ML, since i still have to fix 2-3 spots in cache hacks.
I can make it run with the old method of booting if you want and commit to the repo.
https://bitbucket.org/0xAF/magic-lantern-5dc-port-wip
If it's not a problem, I will try it, for now cloning your repo to this revisionthen will try to update with ML.
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

a1ex

Rename entry.S to entry-5dc.S (also in Makefile) and will work.

Probably it's from latest Makefile changes.

scrax

Quote from: a1ex on January 07, 2013, 11:52:47 PM
Rename entry.S to entry-5dc.S (also in Makefile) and will work.

Probably it's from latest Makefile changes.
ok thank's

scrax

The problem is solved but now on my summon-arm, it gives me same problem had with 7D:
entry-5dc.o: In function `my_romStart':
(.text+0xec): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24 against symbol `sub_FF810318' defined in *ABS* section in magiclantern
entry-5dc.o: In function `my_usrInit':
(.text+0x128): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24 against symbol `sub_FF810E84' defined in *ABS* section in magiclantern
(.text+0x134): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24 against symbol `sub_FFB45FCC' defined in *ABS* section in magiclantern
(.text+0x138): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24 against symbol `sub_FFB35004' defined in *ABS* section in magiclantern

and so on with other till output is truncated.

a1ex

QuoteRename entry.S to entry-5dc.S (also in Makefile) and will work.

Fixed the makefile, don't commit this workaround.

Quoterelocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24

Documented on the wiki: -mlong-calls.

0xAF

Quote from: scrax on January 07, 2013, 11:50:26 PM
If it's not a problem, I will try it, for now cloning your repo to this revisionthen will try to update with ML.

just merged the master into my repo and fixed the compilation problems...
check it out.

EDIT: though nothing more than beta4 is to be expected (at least for the porting, the new stuff, if any, in the master will be available).
// AF

scrax

Quote from: 0xAF on January 08, 2013, 12:17:45 AM
just merged the master into my repo and fixed the compilation problems...
check it out.

EDIT: though nothing more than beta4 is to be expected (at least for the porting, the new stuff, if any, in the master will be available).

That's enough for now. I want to start playing with it, and also need to take confidence with the camera, I'm not used at all with two wheels.

EDIT: Same problem as with alex suggstion, could be something in my makefile.user? OK there is no makefile.user in 0xAF clone seems I'm tired, restarted to work regularly yesterday   :D

foun another error now:
/Users/scrax/arm-toolchain462/lib/gcc/arm-elf/4.6.2/../../../../arm-elf/bin/ld: error: init.o uses VFP instructions, whereas magiclantern does not

0xAF

Quote from: scrax on January 08, 2013, 12:26:37 AM
EDIT: Same problem as with alex suggstion, could be something in my makefile.user?

see if you got the local_entry.S file, since i forgot to add it ... if its missing checkout(update) again.
(this file will be removed later)

EDIT: if it's about the long-calls and you cannot work it out, i'm using a toolchain compiled in 32bit and copyed into my 64bit host, this way you can work-around the -mlong-calls demand in the 64bit toolchains.
Though i had to export LD_LIBRARY_PATH in Makefile.user, because for some unknown reason my toolchain did not see it's own libs ;)
something like this:

# Supported camera models
  SUPPORTED_MODELS:=5DC

# Path-related stuff
  # for yagarto or the official ARM toolchain use ARM_ABI=none-eabi otherwise use ARM_ABI=elf
  CCACHE=ccache
  ARM_ABI=elf
  # this export needs a full path for some reason, ~ wont work
  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/af/arm/arm-toolchain462/lib
  ARM_PATH=~/arm/arm-toolchain462
  ARM_BINPATH=$(ARM_PATH)/bin
  GCC_VERSION=4.6.2

the rest i think is untouched in my Makefile.user
// AF

scrax

Yes it was here, 2 commit.
I've -mlong-calls now, something strange also 600D din't compile (probabli make clean missed), copied makefile.user from a working clone  (no -mlong-calls problems) and still same error for 5DC, 600D instead compiles. From default I have only:

ARM_ABI=elf
PYTHON=python

# You can customize CFLAG here
CFLAG_USER = -mlong-calls -DCONFIG_RELEASE_BUILD \

error:
local_entry.o: In function `my_romStart':
(.text+0x100): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24 against symbol `sub_FF810318' defined in *ABS* section in magiclantern

So if this is due to 64bit toolchain I need to compile to 32bit like you but I've tried some times ago and never be able to understand how to do it, are you on a mac?

sandisk

You guys are the best for working so late on this. Thankyou.
Sold my Canon 5Dc. Now enjoying my 5D2 with liveview and Magic Lantern. INCREDIBLE !

0xAF

Quote from: scrax on January 08, 2013, 12:50:06 AM
are you on a mac?

nope, just plain linux user :)

forget the 32bit toolchain for now, if 600d compiles, then it's something else ?!?
though i've never changed anything related to the compilation.

coutts, could you please try to compile it with your toolchain ?
// AF

scrax

Quote from: sandisk on January 08, 2013, 12:55:34 AM
You guys are the best for working so late on this. Thankyou.
For me it's not too late, for others could be morning :D

Quote from: 0xAF on January 08, 2013, 12:57:30 AM
nope, just plain linux user :)

forget the 32bit toolchain for now, if 600d compiles, then it's something else ?!?
though i've never changed anything related to the compilation.

coutts, could you please try to compile it with your toolchain ?

I'm trying to compile a make all just to check other camera and it worked. 7D fails (on your repo not tested main) but with another error (not my problem, something missing in the code):

menu.o: In function `handle_ml_menu_keys':
menu.c:(.text+0x3e70): undefined reference to `beta_set_warned'

6D, 650D, EOSM also compiling ok

Same error also after updating main repo, is it only happening to me?

dfallsfilm

I forgot to mention.

As soon I got the 5D Classic, I put the ML Beta 4 on it and it is running perfect! 

I wonder would there will be more features added in the future like Auto ISO, Bypass Long Exposure?

Buzzz57

Hi all,

I'm new here, but I follow this project with much interest.
I had installed ML 2.3.0 on my 50D and enjoyed it.
Now, I have sold the 50D and I'm waiting for a 5Dc, that should arrive tomorrow.

I'm looking forward for testing ML on the 5Dc.

I'd like to participate, but I guess my programming skills (mainly under VB) wouldn't be sufficient.

Guys, keep the good work on!

sandisk

As the title reads I have the Canon 5D classic service manual in pdf.

Does anyone need it, there is a public website that you can download it from.

Check out http://elektrotanya.com

0xAF

Quote from: sandisk on January 14, 2013, 01:10:04 AM
As the title reads I have the Canon 5D classic service manual in pdf.

Does anyone need it, I do not mind sharing.

I would like to check it out (I haven't searched the web for the manual).
// AF

vscd

I guess you will ruin this thread with thanks, but from all of us (i think) here is our thumb:     :D

Buzzz57

Quote from: vballmoc on July 15, 2012, 06:35:53 PMThe only thing I wish would be an AutoISO function in P/Av/Tv mode (even if it is only between ISO 100 and 400), but of course, anything would be great.
Same here.

The 5Dc already has an Auto ISO when you're in Auto exposure mode. Isn't it possible to "simply" port this feature in the creative modes?