[UNMAINTAINED] Canon 5D Classic Firmware ** Beta 4 **

Started by coutts, June 14, 2012, 04:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirk

Top my 5d are great and with your software it is greater.
thanks for that you are my hero ;-)

PS:please come out with beta4 i cant wait

a1ex

Tomorrow, my 5Dc will go to its rightful owner, so... probably it's time to post a beta 4.

It was compiled from the same code base used for 7D alpha 1, it feels quite solid on my 5Dc (although I didn't shoot anything serious with it, just ran built-in stability tests that simulate random button presses), and it basically contains all the features I could port without significant reverse engineering efforts.

For more stuff (e.g. bulb exposures, trap focus or shutter count), one should dig deep inside the firmware. None of the tools from my current arsenal was able to find those, so it's probably hard - probably as hard as the 7D port :)

Auto ISO needs to be implemented from scratch or ported from 400plus. For me, the only auto exposure that I consider good enough is the one that exposes to the right. And from what I know, this is not possible to get with current hardware outside LiveView - not even on 5D3. If you disagree, just tell me how ;)

That's it - the 5Dc was quite fun to analyze, lots of internals are simpler and can be understood, but... it has some severe limitations. ML code is open, there are both free and paid reverse engineering tools, anyone can look inside and continue to experiment, there are firmware addons for 350D and 400D from where you can learn and borrow features... you only need time, skills and the desire to innovate.

I hope this update will effectively turn your 5Dc into a new camera (well... without LiveView).

Enjoy!

5dc-fan

WOOOOOW!

really great!!!
like it so much!

but one little thing is still wrong:
- if a pic ist autorotated, the overlays in playmode doesn't rotate.

a1ex

Heh... I always have the auto-rotate disabled :D

On-topic: it requires finding the image buffer that's actually being displayed. That, and the fact that altering its contents doesn't reflect on the screen, are hints that what I'm using now it's something else.

csoller

hisoka

thank you so much , Alex . This is such a charm !
Best regard !

vstrglv

It works on 5D sn 09307xxxxx. Thank you very much!
Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.

dirk

jplxpto

Quote from: dirk on October 15, 2012, 12:48:29 PM
if you can Cooking i mariage you ;-)

heheheh ... hihihhi ... lol lol lol  lol   rs rrsrs rsrsrssr rsrs

criz_a

I want to say thanks as well! I am just upgrading to a 5DII but this hack is still awesome!

To see the shutter count would be a very useful feature for me at the moment, so I can check it before I sell my 5D.. :-)

hisoka

dec11ad

YEEEEEESSS!!!

i hacked my 5D Classic with the Beta 4 ML and so far so good!

intervalometer seems to be working, though i didn't have it running for very long yet. looking forward to using my camera more now!  :D
5D classic user, 70-200mm f/4 & 50mm f/1.8

5dc-fan

exposure > 30s would also be very very nice  :)

dec11ad

5D classic user, 70-200mm f/4 & 50mm f/1.8

martin.haburaj

This is only a preview of timelaps from one shoting on wetlplate. I must finish that video.
whit beta 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9ZxeXklWms
5Dc, 400Dplus, EOS3, 15mm f2.8, 35mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 85mm f1.8
WEB | Facebook | Twiter

a1ex

martin.haburaj

shutter count? oh no. i dont know if i want know have much it is on my 5Dc :-D im 3rd owner
WEB | Facebook | Twiter

5dc-fan

where is the ramping for the intervalometer like in Beta 2 (or 3?) ?

how should i do timelapse without that function?
AV an TV is flickering to much. M Mode without ramping is good für sunrise an sunset :(

a1ex

Downgrade to that one instead of complaining.

5dc-fan

sorry, i dont want to complain. i was only wondering why this function is not included.
the other version is not working at my 5d.

and truely i'm not able to include this function in the new beta 4 :(

a1ex

It's answered in the beta 4 announcement.

dirk

is there a way to implement a shutter count feature i dont know but if there is a way it were great.
sry for my english but i m from germany

have you a facebook account because i would like to see any pictures from you.
PS: or post any of your pictures here

dirk

PS2:i hope you understand me right i would like to see pictures that have you made with your cam form any beautiful places and not from your
masculine featuret body LOL ;-)

Pelican

I would like to include 5Dc ML to EOScard options (in 'Ports in progress' section) to automatically install ML to the card.For this I need a permanent link to the ML zip or a permanent link to a text file which contains the actual link to the ML zip.
Is this possible to present one of this when you make a new version?

Edit: Nevermind, I made it.  :)
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

martin.haburaj

Ok i have Beta 4 on card. I'll test it today. Hope i test a flash bracketing.
WEB | Facebook | Twiter