Canon 1100D / T3

Started by a1ex, June 14, 2012, 04:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47Crows

Quote from: True-shot on January 19, 2014, 11:49:01 PM
... it seems like the manual aperture doesn't want to work for video mode. If I set it to f22 (using the kit lens) I can hear it swivel in and out but it doesn't stay in f22.   

Yeah, that's a (general, I think) bug with (zoom?) kit lenses. The aperture doesn't stay put for some reason. You could always just set the aperture (SET -> DOF Preview) and partially untwist the lens, as it seems to be the only work-around.
Good luck.

dmilligan

Quote from: 47Crows on January 20, 2014, 12:17:06 AM
Yeah, that's a (general, I think) bug with (zoom?) kit lenses. The aperture doesn't stay put for some reason.

The reason: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9776.msg94338#msg94338

littlebobbytables

Quote from: True-shot on January 19, 2014, 11:49:01 PM
Is there a way to lock the exposure in the video mode? I seem to have some issues with it changing dramatically, like its trying to capture the blown out highlights and under exposed shadows while filming. Also, it seems like the manual aperture doesn't want to work for video mode. If I set it to f22 (using the kit lens) I can hear it swivel in and out but it doesn't stay in f22.   

Tried this?
Go to the ML menu, Expo tab, turn on Exp. Override and then changing the settings in the same tab.
I hope this helps!
50D, 300, BMPCC4K

a1ex

1100D nightly builds running again!

fufuheo

Thank you very much! I have been following this thread for about a year now and i thought this was the end of Magic Lantern updates for the 1100D. I really appreciate this and I would like to help with nightly build bug testing.
1100D, EOSM, EF-M 18-55 IS STM EF 75-300 f/4-5.6 II USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

thn-d

Thank you very much, I also appreciate this!
Was this due to merging the fixes from dmilligan? Thank's also to dmilligan anyway!
Canon EOS 1100D   |   Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II   |   Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4,0-5,6 IS II

nanomad

Yes it was. Kudos to him for sorting everything out
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

andreadoore

tomyoda

True-shot

Quote from: littlebobbytables on January 20, 2014, 06:59:33 PM
Tried this?
Go to the ML menu, Expo tab, turn on Exp. Override and then changing the settings in the same tab.
I hope this helps!

That's what I was talking about, I set the Expo manually but sometimes (possibly when its too dark) it changes back and forth and I don't seem able to lock it with out setting it brighter or focusing the center away from that spot.

starbase64

Hi,

post script "align+enfuse" dosen't work, cant find output HDR_xxx.jpg.

settings: manuel mode with ML advanced braketing 3pics 1ev sequenz 0 + ++

regards

starbase64

dmilligan

can you post the script that was generated and any output from it?
also, OS version?

starbase64

Hi,

here is the content of HDR_9547.sh

latest ML version and canon 1100D with Firmware 1.05

edit: all images are _MG_xxx.jpg named and not IMG_xxx.jpg, no idea why

regards

starbase64

#!/usr/bin/env bash

# HDR_9547.JPG from IMG_9547.JPG ... IMG_9549.JPG with aligning first

align_image_stack -m -a HDR_AIS_9547 IMG_9547.JPG IMG_9548.JPG IMG_9549.JPG
enfuse "$@"  --output=HDR_9547.JPG HDR_AIS_9547*
rm HDR_AIS_9547*

starbase64

Hi,

completely reseted my camera and now all pics named as IMG_xxx.jpg but no HDR_xxx.jpg.

regards

starbase64

#!/usr/bin/env bash

# HDR_9559.JPG from IMG_9559.JPG ... IMG_9561.JPG with aligning first

align_image_stack -m -a HDR_AIS_9559 IMG_9559.JPG IMG_9560.JPG IMG_9561.JPG
enfuse "$@"  --output=HDR_9559.JPG HDR_AIS_9559*
rm HDR_AIS_9559*

dmilligan

and what is the output from the script (like the text output from the command line when you run it)? what OS are you using, mac or linux? do you have enfuse installed correctly and on the path?

starbase64

Hi,

not on pc, directly on camera. created hdr directly on the camera.

regards

starbase64

dmilligan

The scripts are called 'post scripts' because they are made to be run 'in post' on the computer. They cannot be run on camera, there is no support for in camera HDR creating. This script is a bash shell script meant to be run on a *nix operating system (mac or linux) and uses the open source program called enfuse to merge the photos. These scripts are mostly just for convenience to allow easier batch processing of HDR brackets in post.

Also, you should be using raw for HDR not jpeg, raw's already have way more information and DR in them without stacking. Simply using raw instead of jpg you may find covers the DR of your scene without the need to take extra shots.

starbase64

Ok, iv'e installed photoshop on pc.

47Crows

Quote from: starbase64 on January 24, 2014, 03:50:34 PM
edit: all images are _MG_xxx.jpg named and not IMG_xxx.jpg, no idea why

That's what happens when you select the AdobeRGB color space.

dmilligan

Thanks to nanomad we now have photo raw (raw data in image review), which means we can use AutoETTR! I've tested it and it appears to be working. This is fantastic news for timelapse.

dmilligan

Also, I just took the first 1100D dual iso picture with adtg_gui, yay! (hopefully dual_iso support coming soon)

dual ISO 100/1600:

ISO 100:

Audionut

Nice work.  0.4EV from the ADTG tweak is handy too  :)

I have a telescope arriving later today and I'm super keen to see what dual_iso can do.

Have you looked at the other commits for camera support to dual_iso.

dmilligan

Quote from: Audionut on January 29, 2014, 03:22:00 AM
I have a telescope arriving later today and I'm super keen to see what dual_iso can do.
Nice! What is it?

Have you looked at the other commits for camera support to dual_iso.
I've got most of it figured out, I PM'd a1ex about the rest.

Audionut

Quote from: dmilligan on January 29, 2014, 03:54:22 AM
Nice! What is it?

130mm with tracking mount.  I absolutely wanted tracking mount, and anything larger (scope size) was double the price.  It's an EQ2 mount with motor drive on the RA axis, and I think I should be able to remove the scope and attach the camera directly to the mount with wide angle too. 

I live in the country and have easy access to dark skies.  If I have my calculations right in stellarium, I should be able to take some wonderful photos.

I've never had tracking before, so sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for the postie to arrive so I can setup it up and become acclimatised.  It's windy and cloudy here atm, but I'll (hopefully) put something up in the photo section tomorrow. 

It's something I've wanted for a long time, and your photos were the last little bit of inspiration I needed to make it happen  :)

fufuheo

Does this mean that the dual iso feature will be ported to the 1100D?
1100D, EOSM, EF-M 18-55 IS STM EF 75-300 f/4-5.6 II USM, EF 50mm f/1.8