Canon 1100D / T3

Started by a1ex, June 14, 2012, 04:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex56799

I've got to say how much I love magic lantern and how it just helps us who can't afford the expensive dslr's out there and without magic lantern I wouldn't have more work space with my videos!

But I was wondering I just got a nightly build and most of the modules don't seem to work like the raw and dual iso module it says that it will load on next reboot but when I turn off then turn on with the on and off switch my camera just says error linking failed on the bottom of the screen. I know it is just a nightly build but i was wondering if I missed anything? Or if there is a way to reboot my camera with working modules ,is there a link where i can get working links for the modules?

a1ex

Somebody should fix the build system and do not bundle the modules that are not working (nanomad?)

nanomad

The new builds don't have them, simply delete the old ones from the card
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

a1ex

The latest successful 1100D build (sep17) does have them.

nanomad

Bug found: make clean only cleans configured modules while zip just bundles all the mo files it finds. Fix coming
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

47Crows

Just picked up today's build (2013Sep19). The font change was a surprise, even though I'd noticed the extra "fonts" folder.

Both "file_man" and "autoexpo" still work (even both at once), the others don't (linking error).
While the font change is welcome, I'd much rather have visible font in the debugging dialogues (show tasks, etc.). I understand there's a lot of info to be shown, but that could be rendered at a higher resolution and then just zoomed in (I guess).

Keep it up guys!

PS: The arkanoid game works as well. That's weird, yo.

dmilligan

They don't link because they require features in the core that have not been implemented on the 1100D, and so the symbols are missing.

47Crows

Quote from: dmilligan on September 19, 2013, 06:50:19 PM
They don't link because they require features in the core that have not been implemented on the 1100D, and so the symbols are missing.

Yes, but say, you load a couple of "working" modules and one "non-working" module and they all fail. I can understand if it's a safety precaution, but I don't get why.

nocomp

hi everybody,
i am planning to get a 1100d, using ml specially for sound and light trigger.
i ve been looking for a list of what is and is not working in the current night build, no luck
where can i find it?

thxx for your help
best regards
herve

dmilligan

Someone generated a document from the source code showing the state of all features on all of the cameras, but I don't remember where I saw it, so I'd just go straight to the source:
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/src/ce9fb256205c0b850ca7209b26973f0788e49447/platform/1100D.105/features.h?at=unified

lines that start with #undef means that feature is disabled (b/c it's not working yet) on the 1100D

Basically everything that has to do with audio and stuff that depends on RAW image buffers (like raw_rec and ettr) are not working (yet)

nocomp

thxx a lot, so no audio trigger i guess :/
well wait and see then :)

Joseriul

Canon Eos   T3/1100D Mark Free - EF-S 18-55 III - EF 75-300 II - EF 50mm f/1.8 II

nocomp

thxx a lot, very promising!

nocomp

wich parameter is the motion trigger using the light?
(btw how come i never receive email notification when you reply?)
thx for your time

47Crows

Guys, I think I just found a problem with the compiler:

FONTS.DAT is missing since the Sep12 build and it's making the fresh install process quite impossible without older nightlies (or a unified release).

dmilligan

47Crows

I know about the new fonts, I managed to test some recent nightlies with the new eye-candy, while having a bootable card and a booting camera.

I'm just saying that when you need to make the camera boot from the card, you need a .fir (which I've had for quite a while) . After the bootflag is enabled, you get a yellow-text screen (as opposed to the green-text success screen) saying the "bootflag is enabled", but "FONTS.DAT was missing, please copy all files (a few MB)", however, the camera refuses to load ML after restart.
My first (and so far only) solution was to copy the FONTS.DAT from an older nightly.

dmilligan

You should only use the fir file with the build it came with and then after the the install is complete update to the nighlies. The fir files were not intended to be used with the nightlies.

FluidMovementMovies

Nightlies are not working for me, when I want to install ML my camera says I need a firmware update. What happened?
Canon EOS 70D     |       Canon 18-55 EF f/4-5.6 II      |       Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM    |       Tokina 12-24 f/4           |          Canon 24-105 f/4

nanomad

How are you installing ML? I can't see why it asks for an update....
Please upload a video

FluidMovementMovies

I download the nightly build, then I extract the zip and I can see 4 files: "ML", "autexec.bin", "INSTALL.pdf" and "UserGuide.pdf". I copy all the files in my low-level formated SD card but when I try to install, my camera says "to update you need a memory card with firmware". I realized that in old nightlies there was also the flie "1100D-105.fir" and I can install these nightlies.

If you still need a video tell me and I will upload it.

Thanks for your time.
Canon EOS 70D     |       Canon 18-55 EF f/4-5.6 II      |       Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM    |       Tokina 12-24 f/4           |          Canon 24-105 f/4

nanomad

Got it, the bootflag enabler is missing. I'll let you know once it gets back in the builds (hopefully tomorrow)

xbrav

I seem to have a recurring issue when going into playback mode. It looks like cached Photoshop XMP files from processing RAW pictures just crashes the whole thing. Removing them from the image directory fixes it.

Crash Log:

QuoteASSERT: FALSE
at Memory\Memory.c:188, task CtrlSrv
lv:0 mode:1

Magic Lantern version : v2.3.NEXT.2013Oct05.1100D105
Mercurial changeset   : 4380d31e6230 (unified) tip
Built on 2013-10-05 00:25:14 UTC by [email protected].
Free Memory  : 281K + 300K

Anybody else have this issue?

zorgan

trying to load ML for the first time

getting FONTS.DAT not found
BOOTDISK flag is disabled

Magic Lantern is not installed etc

was hoping somebody can advise how to fix this issue, I've been reading this thread can see a couple of people having same issue but getting confused as im very new to ML and need a step by step idiot guide can somebody please help? :)

best regards,

Zorgan

ferfelu

Quote from: zorgan on October 05, 2013, 07:48:37 PM
trying to load ML for the first time

getting FONTS.DAT not found
BOOTDISK flag is disabled

Magic Lantern is not installed etc

was hoping somebody can advise how to fix this issue, I've been reading this thread can see a couple of people having same issue but getting confused as im very new to ML and need a step by step idiot guide can somebody please help? :)

best regards,

Zorgan

Try another Nightly Build.. e.g. Sep17!!