Canon 1100D / T3

Started by a1ex, June 14, 2012, 04:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clonix

Nanomad, any news about ETTR for the  T3. It will be possible ?

TokraCro

I noticed in nightly change log that there is no more bulb ramping, is that going to change ?
Canon 6D, Canon T2i, Canon 1100D. 18-55 IS, 18-55 III, Sigma 30mm 1.4 DC HSM EX, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 55-250 IS, Minolta MC Rokkor -PF 50mm (reverse for macro)

t4d

Did something change after the June 11th build? Because with that one I can get into the ML menu from the live view every time. With the builds after that, I have to delete the settings every other boot, which is rather unpractical.  :)
(Big thanks though to everyone involved in getting ML to work with the 1100D!)

TokraCro

I am using 13th build, and I dont have problem with liveview. not anymore.. Its not working any other way, just in LV.. but its working.. maybe sometimes I have to press 2 times, but its OK, at least for me
Canon 6D, Canon T2i, Canon 1100D. 18-55 IS, 18-55 III, Sigma 30mm 1.4 DC HSM EX, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 55-250 IS, Minolta MC Rokkor -PF 50mm (reverse for macro)

nanomad

I'm on it. Fixing the menu has the highest prio right now
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

stitzb

Hi!

When I try to load modules i get an error:"tcc: error: undefined symbol 'ram_hist_get_overexposure_percentage' [E] failed to link modules" I am on last (Jul9.) nightly
EOS 1100D | Old russian lens: Mir-1 Helios-44-2 |  EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Yongnuo YN-560II

47Crows

Quote from: stitzb on July 09, 2013, 06:19:09 PM
Hi!

When I try to load modules i get an error:"tcc: error: undefined symbol 'ram_hist_get_overexposure_percentage' [E] failed to link modules" I am on last (Jul9.) nightly
Using the 9th of July 2013 version.
Mine can't even load the .sym file.
It returns some error among the lines of "MISSING SYMBOL FILE: B:/ML/MODULES" at the top, then the screen ends and on the bottom it says "ist Error loading 'B:/ML/MODULES/t3_105.sym': File does not ex" then the screen ends again.

I haven't checked for crashlogs or anything, I will in the morning when I will get to my card reader.

Offtopic: I've been gone for 1 week and you guys are already putting modules into the 1100D? Neat!

UPDATE: no crashlog seems to have been created

nanomad

That was the idea, but as you can see it's not quite there yet :)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

TokraCro

offtopic : 47 I would suggest that you go away for another week, really fast, so we get more things done, faster :D :P

47Crows

Quote from: TokraCro on July 10, 2013, 05:39:36 PM
offtopic : 47 I would suggest that you go away for another week, really fast, so we get more things done, faster :D :P
offtopic: ;___; I'd better find 14-bit HDR (dual streams, not interlaced) RAW 1080p video with geolocation accessible via touch screen and voice control when I come back.

47Crows

Suggestion(and this should be available for all cameras): an adjustable panorama-making feature (based on ghost image rendering method), which allows the user to choose the direction in which he/she'll pan the camera, overlapping percentage (how much of the previous image is shown), opacity and a greyscale option, which I imagine would be of great help in some contrasty scenes.

I am aware one user attempted in 2012 to create code for this kind of feature, but I found it a bit over-complicated for what it's supposed to be (it required a precise number of shots, focal length, etc.).

In short, it's about an addition to ghost image, which allows you to choose how much of the image is shown and where it is shown.
(maybe even the automatic creation of a special folder per panorama?)

a1ex

What about trying to press the arrow keys?

TokraCro

never really had problems with panoramas, even when I was in hurry, like standing in the middle of the road, click the liveview, lets says 30-50% of previous , click click , up, down.. and edit it later.. maybe it would help in the camera, but I always would trust more to the software on the computer, than on camera.. but thats just me, I guess

nanomad

Please try tomorrow's nightly build, I've tweaked the button handling routine a bit

TokraCro

Tnx for the info, ill try it as soon as I am able to test it

Joseriul

The button now works on liveview :D Thanks

I have a query: What modules can do in MagicLantern? Can enable RAW Video?
Canon Eos   T3/1100D Mark Free - EF-S 18-55 III - EF 75-300 II - EF 50mm f/1.8 II

47Crows

Possible bug: when using multiple LiveView presets and "Powersaving in LiveView" with the option to enable the powersaving feature via the DISP button - By pressing the DISP button, the camera cycles through the LV presets until the end and then the powersaving feature switches on. If you press again, the screen reverts to the original state (on/brightness restored), but the LV preset is stuck to the last one.
To switch LV presets, you have to go to the ML menu and press Q while highlighting the GlobalDraw setting.

I think it should revert to LV preset 0 and so on after having completed the preset cycle and the powersaving activation.

This "bug" is present in multiple nightlies, I am unable to pinpoint the build itself, so I'm thinking it's an error in implementation somewhere.

mhz

I got a problem with update ML. Please, help me. I can freely install/uninstall nightly builds up to 13 June (with 1100D-105.fir), but I cannot do that for any newer builds (without the 1100D-105.fir flie).
I do:
- unzip new build (from 16 July for example)
- overwrite files on my SD (which already contains June 13 build proper installed)
- insert card into the camera
- close the door and ...

The LED lights continuously and camera does not power on

What do I wrong? I see that you, guys, can update ML. Please describe how do you do that?

I'm following the instructions http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/install but

I cannot install any ML builds newer than 13 June on "clean" camera - Firmware Update just does nothing (It does not show the "green screen").
I cannot start camera with overwritten ML files on my SD - camera won't start.
I tryed to "reinstall" original Canon firmware 1.0.5 - it did not help.
Canon 1100D

mauflow

Hey all,

I tried installing the latest build on my 1100d today. It said everything worked fine, but then when I powered down, the led light remained on, and now it won't power on. Something tells me this is really bad. Is there anything I can do?

(Thanks to everyone who worked on the builds by the way!)

Joseriul

I got a problem with the 2013Jul16 Build
I moved all the content to the SD Card
And then i put the SD on the camera, closed the cap
And the SD led turned on, without turning on the camera
I cant do anything, i removed the battery and tried it again and the same result.

Edit: I tried with 2013Jul17 and is the same thing
Canon Eos   T3/1100D Mark Free - EF-S 18-55 III - EF 75-300 II - EF 50mm f/1.8 II

mhz

Quote from: Joseriul on July 17, 2013, 04:50:48 AM
I moved all the content to the SD Card
And the SD led turned on, without turning on the camera
I cant do anything, i removed the battery and tried it again and the same resuld.

Joseriul and mauflow
I had the same problem - the solution is just to put back all ML files from previous installed build (build 2013Jun13 works OK, thx TokraCro for advice)
Canon 1100D

mauflow

Quote from: mhz on July 17, 2013, 06:23:52 AM
the solution is just to put back all ML files from previous installed build (build 2013Jun13 works OK, thx TokraCro for advice)

When you say put back, do you mean replace the ML files currently on the card with the ones from the earlier build?

Thanks for the help!!!

nanomad

Bug noted, I'll work on it tonight

leshay

as the firmware for 16,17,18 July 2013 do not work, I checked for July 15, and there does not get out window magick zoom.
может быть что-то я не так перевёл, я из России ;D

leshay

I'm sorry (maybe something I have not moved, I'm from Russia) *