Canon 1100D / T3

Started by a1ex, June 14, 2012, 04:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomasmto

how should I proceed with the installation? the files I have to download are not in the download tab, right? or  those nightly builds are the correct way to go

nanomad

You need to use the nightly builds
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

kevin.brun

Hello,

I'm looking for it since 3 days but I didn't find how to make a HDR render on magic lentern.
My 1100D shows only bracketing and that's all.. No HDR function..

Thank you,

Kevin

nanomad

Photo or video HDR? for photos you just shoot an extended bracket using ML and merge it in post
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

kevin.brun

Yes, for photos!
I don't understand it should Be merging automaticly the three photos and it does'nt work with that bracketing.. can you explain me precisely how to do please ?

Thank you

a1ex

Yea, it doesn't work if you don't read the manual or if you are afraid of Paintbrush ;)

http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/userguide#hdr_bracketing

kevin.brun

It doesn't work. I've made what it was written. I took 3 pictures, bracketing, 3 differents exposure. Then I go back to playbackmode (What is that mode ? It's when you click on play and then you can see the last picture you took?) and I hold SET. I can hold this button 10sec or 3min, nothing appers. It just says : "Scrollwheel : Exposure Fusion." but there's no fusion..

Thank you again.

a1ex

Quote...hold SET and turn the main dial (wheel)
If you can't follow these simple instructions, I'm afraid you have to go back to Canon firmware (or get a point and shoot camera?)

kevin.brun

I understood sorry. And when I fusionned, what should i do next because my picture isnt saved..
Thank you.

cerbeld

@kevin.brun
the fusioned hdr won´t be saved..you have to combine those exposures yourself!

@nanomad
you said you´re trying to get raw video working on 1100d? Is it possible to get those high write-speed with sd cards?

nanomad

Well, the thing is the 1100D has the same capabilities the 600D has, so around 960px wide images BUT we also have half the memory of the 600D available which means no RAW video. I'll enable all the other RAW-related stuff though (zebras, ETTR, spotmeter)

kevin.brun

Quote from: cerbeld on June 05, 2013, 11:45:20 PM
@kevin.brun
the fusioned hdr won´t be saved..you have to combine those exposures yourself!

You mean on photoshop so? Oh well, HDR function on this custom firmware is usefull just to preview how will be the final HDR, made on photoshop?

nanomad

Yes, you need to use photoshop or another software to do the final fusion, you can only get an approximate preview in-camera

cerbeld

too bad.. but i´m looking forward to try ettr :)

wave

Hi Nanomad :D
So no RAW video on our 1100d model?

nanomad

Most definitely not. We have close to no memory. I don't even know if I can mange to fit RAW stuff into the build tbh. I've made the camera lock-up a couple of times already .. :/

Joseriul

Oh, i really wanted RAW Video in my blacky
Canon Eos   T3/1100D Mark Free - EF-S 18-55 III - EF 75-300 II - EF 50mm f/1.8 II

Urbexgamma

Buy a camcorder ?? lol

Joseriul

I tried to say that i want RAW video on my 1100d camera
Canon Eos   T3/1100D Mark Free - EF-S 18-55 III - EF 75-300 II - EF 50mm f/1.8 II

47Crows

Oh well, back to Flaats, Cinestyle and high bitrates I guess. At least you tried. :p

47Crows

Minor bug detected on the June 11th build.
If you're in LiveView, you can't get out of the ML menu using the delete button (as opposed to earlier versions).

I've tried it with GlobalDraw on, off, on but with no "widgets" (i.e. zebras, focus peaking, etc.), nothing seems to work. You can get out of the menu using unconventional methods (half shutter only so far).

I realize you might have caught it, but it seems not to be posted so I thought you might want to know it's spreading.

Brand Brand

Yo nanomad is there anything we can do in assisting you with the possibility of RAW video for the T3? I will test anything and I mean anything LOL. Let us know what we can do. Is there a work around to address the low memory or small buffer issue?

For some reason a lot of people look down on the T3 like its a nerdy, pimpled face, couldn't bust a grape in a food fight, virgin younger brother of the other newer Canon models, that just wanted to chill out with his bros. In some ways it is: its less expensive, its lighter in weight, its "feels" a lil different, and its lacks some manual features and functions fresh out of the box. However, its still a dang good DSLR out of the store.

You throw Magic Lantern firmware into the mix and hey, you got one helluva DSLR that does rival those that cost 2 to 3 times as much!

I don't know about anybody else but I believe the T3 has benefited the most from ML and still has the most to gain. Yeah, even more so than the 50D as far as in terms of practicality. I'm not taking anything away from the 50D engineering feat, cuz that ish was way super cool, but people at least considered it pro level before ML.

Magic Lantern and you has taken our DSLR out of DSLR purgatory and has given it wings.  8)

Canon EOS Rebel SL1/100D | Canon EOS Rebel T3/1100D | EF 50mm III | EF-S 18-55mm IS II | EF-S 18-55mm IS II/ STM | EF-S 55-250mm IS II | Sima LED Camera Light | Zoom H1

nanomad

Quote from: 47Crows on June 11, 2013, 10:02:26 PM
Minor bug detected on the June 11th build.
If you're in LiveView, you can't get out of the ML menu using the delete button (as opposed to earlier versions).

I've tried it with GlobalDraw on, off, on but with no "widgets" (i.e. zebras, focus peaking, etc.), nothing seems to work. You can get out of the menu using unconventional methods (half shutter only so far).

I realize you might have caught it, but it seems not to be posted so I thought you might want to know it's spreading.

Yes, I actually noticed it yesterday. And I probably know what caused it

47Crows

Quote from: Brand Brand on June 12, 2013, 07:22:57 AM
Yo nanomad is there anything we can do in assisting you with the possibility of RAW video for the T3? I will test anything and I mean anything LOL. Let us know what we can do. Is there a work around to address the low memory or small buffer issue?

Magic Lantern and you has taken our DSLR out of DSLR purgatory and has given it wings.  8)

I'm with you 120%. I'm on summer break and it's gonna rain for weeks, so I should theoretically be stuck to my PC, day and night, with an endless supply of batteries and internet, just good for testing new builds (that may or may not brick the camera, but hey, you gotta risk a little).

A little off-topic, how does the "format and keep ML" procedure work? Are the ML files stored to RAM (that would be interesting, since the camera says they're about 7 MB big and it takes some time to count (I think, but it could be just copying them very slowly to the RAM) them all)? Either that or you just move the files on the card to a sector that will be formatted lastly and then, while formatting, put them back to the top and... ah, I wish they'd teach me this in school already.

Anyway, keep 'em strong guys! We appreciate the work.

Joseriul

Quote from: 47Crows on June 12, 2013, 09:00:11 PM
I'm with you 120%. I'm on summer break and it's gonna rain for weeks, so I should theoretically be stuck to my PC, day and night, with an endless supply of batteries and internet, just good for testing new builds (that may or may not brick the camera, but hey, you gotta risk a little).

A little off-topic, how does the "format and keep ML" procedure work? Are the ML files stored to RAM (that would be interesting, since the camera says they're about 7 MB big and it takes some time to count (I think, but it could be just copying them very slowly to the RAM) them all)? Either that or you just move the files on the card to a sector that will be formatted lastly and then, while formatting, put them back to the top and... ah, I wish they'd teach me this in school already.

Anyway, keep 'em strong guys! We appreciate the work.

Im with you guys, if i can help or test nightly builds