Canon 1100D / T3

Started by a1ex, June 14, 2012, 04:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanomad

Auto should turn it off when you exit movie mode
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

RevinFilms

it will include anamorphic crop marks ?
1100D

CheddarSombrero

Hey how do I film in HDR with the 1100D? I was watching this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdtLZUS92Vw and i cant find the HDR setting at 1:55 this guy is talking about.

kainpower

Good afternoon, I have searched but can not find. Can you tell me, that indicates the circle?, And overlapping values​​?

thanks

nanomad

It used to be the exp comp value, but I'll probably remove it since it's not really readable
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

artstylish

Hello everybody.

Today (17-December-2012) i update my "Nightly Build". But after that i have lost the HDR Video options. I remember that before this update i had (November 1st) Nightly build in my Canon 1100D. But now i have got few problems.

1.  My audio Green or Red bars are not sliding frontside or backside now as they slide before, when i spoke anything. why?

2.  In the photoshoot Menu, there were HDR Bracketting had 3 different formates, which i could change between these three settings. Those were something like these (++,--) (--,++) (--0++).  Now i cannot access these. why?

3.  I had shoot HDR Video before. But now i have not found any HDR Video settings in any menu. why?

4.  And now there is a new option i think appeared. which say in its help under the menu (Change H.264 bit rate, be careful, recording may stop)
But there are "Bit Rate (CBR) : 1.0x (FW Default)" menu. and i only can change its bit rate "0.1x to 3.0x". please tell me where is H.264 in it?

I am very very thankful to you all.
please answer me it helps me alot timesaving if you give answer to my questions.

good luck
artstylish

nanomad

Quote from: artstylish on December 17, 2012, 07:23:07 AM
Hello everybody.

Today (17-December-2012) i update my "Nightly Build". But after that i have lost the HDR Video options. I remember that before this update i had (November 1st) Nightly build in my Canon 1100D. But now i have got few problems.

1.  My audio Green or Red bars are not sliding frontside or backside now as they slide before, when i spoke anything. why?

2.  In the photoshoot Menu, there were HDR Bracketting had 3 different formates, which i could change between these three settings. Those were something like these (++,--) (--,++) (--0++).  Now i cannot access these. why?

3.  I had shoot HDR Video before. But now i have not found any HDR Video settings in any menu. why?

4.  And now there is a new option i think appeared. which say in its help under the menu (Change H.264 bit rate, be careful, recording may stop)
But there are "Bit Rate (CBR) : 1.0x (FW Default)" menu. and i only can change its bit rate "0.1x to 3.0x". please tell me where is H.264 in it?

I am very very thankful to you all.
please answer me it helps me alot timesaving if you give answer to my questions.

good luck
artstylish
I'll check the others later today but
1. Do they work while recording? If so,  that's because sometimes Canon fw disables the audio ic to save power when not needed
2. Check the Adv. Bracketing sub-menu (Sequence)
3. It's in the Movie menu, make sure you have not hidden it (check the ML user manual)
4. That option is working as intended,  it allows you to change the bit rate factor used by Canon 's H264 encoder

artstylish

Dear Friend

I double check the issues coming after updating the (17 December 2012 Nightly build update).

1.   Audio Green & Red Bars are not sliding come & forth neither in duration of recording. why?

2.   Yes i found out the HDR Video option in Video Menu. Acually there is a scroll bar in that menu, that's why it is look like hidden.
      But when i press the HDR Vido option they said that "it won't work with auto ISO" so i press Q button to access its options. there were 2   
      option (A & B). in A menu i set 100 ISO and in the B menu i set the 400 ISO. then i record the movie but that was not the HDR Video. So
      please tell me where i can set the iso? and how can i record the HDR Video?

3.   And please tell me about bit rate? which bit rate for video has the best quality? i can set bit rate from 0.1x to 3.0x. please tell me which is the best for quality video?

I am very thankful to you that you always help me with your great answers.
good luck

artstylish

nanomad

1. Audio bars work fine here, make sure you don't have a higher nitrate or hdr video enabled
2. To use hdr video you have to enable exposure override on the 1100D (which is tb, equivalent of the missing M mode in video) . It's somewhere in the ML menus
3. The higher the nitrate the better the video quality, but you need a fast SD card and you'll have to keep audio recording off

alband

Hi, I'm on the latest nightly build and have found these bugs. Hope the info helps.

• Motion detect. When I set motion detect to exposure it works fine. When I set it to "Steady Hands" it doesn't seem to be working (no "motion detect" info is displayed and no pictures taken even when camera is put on a surface). When I set it to "Motion detect", it works in small med and large as expected, but the display is somewhat messed up. It's like it's taking the area that it's sensing and displaying it vertically stretch upwards and turned sort of black/green. It kinda looks like the code in the Matrix films! I would take a screenshot but..
  • every time I try to take a screenshot my camera freezes. The display hangs and the controls become unresponsive. I get an "Err" message in the VF but no number for the error
  • Also, I think I'm experiencing a problem which is known about, where "Silent shooting" images are saved in an odd location. They are saved with other camera pictures, but the camera thinks they are saved in B:/DCMI/...  That could be what it's meant to do though.

Hope some of those help. I'll report others as I become sure I can re-create them.
Love this project,
David.

nanomad

I missed the steady hands thing. Nice catch. It doesn't work because we don't have a motion sensor like some other cameras. I'll check the other bug too.
Silent pic folder is correct, maybe it's a bug in the message
Screenshot crashes due to low memory... I'll probably disable it as it doesn't work 90% of the time (it does sometimes when the camera was just powered on)

a1ex

The steady hands is using LiveView, it's just a reversed motion detection (picture is taken when there's no motion). When used from photo mode, it does some dirty tricks to enable LiveView temporarily, but with display off, so it can be used with the viewfinder too.

The low memory problems are also present on 60D, maybe a CONFIG_LOW_MEMORY will help. I'm thinking to allocate all file i/o operations via shoot_malloc on those cameras - as long as shoot_free is called and there are no memory leaks, it should be fine.

nanomad

I've just tested the motion detect features and they work fine. The "matrix" thing is actually the frame difference used to compute "steady hands" and the other mode

And for steady hands to work properly, I suggest you read the blinking red text (you need to keep half-shutter pressed)

alband

I'm pretty sure what I'm seeing isn't meant to be there. Attached are pictures of what I'm seeing. Only taken with digi-cam so not great pictures. Each one has a black box extended above the sensing area. The picture with the "large" sensing area shows the greeny "matrix" stuff i was talking about.
Can't seem to be able to do attachments so here are links:

Hope these help,
Thanks,
David.

scrax

to me looks like the sensing area is not centered with the white box, can you move it with the arrows? Maybe cause the smaller screen?
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

alband

Hi,
I can move it but it leaves a "trail" around the screen. I'll post a picture tonight if necessary. Functionally though, the sensing is working. The only problem is that dark rectangle.

Thanks,
David

alband

This is what it looks like when I move it around. I moved it right a lot then down a bit.

The black box does bare some resemblance to the image in the sensing area. It's like it's gone though way to many arty processing effects and been made way too dark. Hard to explain.

Thanks,
David.

scrax

normally the blackobox is inside the white borders, so to me it looks like that the blackbox area is not in the correct place, it should be inside the white border.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

alband

The black box follows the white borders around but is always above like that. I have a feeling I didn't have this issue the very first time I used it, but I was still trying to get used to the controls and everything so I could have been using another feature.

a1ex

Do you have ghost image enabled?

alband

Nope. Just tried enabling it, made no difference.

nanomad

Uhm.. Some cameras used a slightly different HD buffer. Can you check if ghost image or time lapse play work for you?

alband

Hi,
Ghost image seems to be working fine. I'm not sure what you mean by "Time lapse play"? I've turned "time lapse ramping" on and started the intervalometer. It did a lot of checking screen gain and changing luma and ISO settings which I didn't really understand. After a few minutes of doing that, it has started taking shots at about 7sec intervals. If that's what's expected, I'd say it's working?

Thanks,
David

tone718

:( >:( :-\ :'( :P I've been waiting for this firmware to come out now for so long. Please Please Please work on it!! I'm gonna be stuck with this camera for quite some time and as you know it's capabilities are very minimal and limited so pleaaaaaaaase get this firmware up and running ! Thanks -Tony

email me @[email protected]

nanomad

It's already working, just download a nightly build and try it ;)