Canon 1100D / T3

Started by a1ex, June 14, 2012, 04:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanomad

- Download http://pel.hu/down/EOScard.exe
- Use it to make the card bootable and install ML on it
- Then overwrite the files with the ones from the latest nightly build (RC3 is old stuff and shouldn't be used) nanomad.magiclantern.fm/nightly
- Then start the camera and run the "ML firmware upgrade"

You're done ;)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

artstylish

Wohoooo Yes i have installed Magic Lantern RC3 version on it which wave told me.

Now please tell me which nightly build files i should have to download and replace on my card? there are so many files in the nightly build download section.

Please see this image should i download only one zip folder of 2.5MB which i highlighted?  or every signle folder which with in the 68.6MB files? and 2 other files? 27KB and 34KB also?

please tell me i am downloading from this link
http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/nightly/

thanks in Advace friend
artstylish

artstylish

sorry this is the image link

or
http://postimage.org/image/5mbxhln6n/full/

please tell me which files i have to download?
I am very thankful to you

artstylish

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

artstylish

I love you my friend nanomad
I made it. I successfully update nightly build.

now please tell me is there any option available that when i want to shoot with my camera with normal settings as before installation of Magic lantern? and then when i want to shoot with Magic lantern features then i want to access the magic lantern as well?

You know i want to just disable and enable magic lantern?
thank you very much friend

artstylish

ilguercio

Quote from: artstylish on November 01, 2012, 03:52:02 PM
I love you my friend nanomad
I made it. I successfully update nightly build.

now please tell me is there any option available that when i want to shoot with my camera with normal settings as before installation of Magic lantern? and then when i want to shoot with Magic lantern features then i want to access the magic lantern as well?

You know i want to just disable and enable magic lantern?
thank you very much friend

artstylish
Keep SET pressed throughout the boot procedure.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

artstylish

If i something done wrong with magic lantern settings so how to set all features at their initial default settings?

nanomad

The ML menu has an option to delete the config file (you need to power off and then on the camera for it to take effect). You can also delete the content of the ML/SETTINGS/ folder yourself.

As a suggestion, always do a "clear settings" from canon menu before installing ML for the first time

artstylish

what if i press "don't click me" button? :o

a1ex

ilguercio

Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.

artstylish

I was in Video Mode then i check the HDR Button and took ISO 100 from Magic lantern manu. then press the movie recording button from camera body. Now what happed.

my video exposure changes second by second. when i finish making of 2 minutes of video. then the final result was very bad. my video is flickering with high lighting bolts.

it seems like that my video is ok on behind the lighting bolt sparks flashes.
what happed? why was the video like that?

and please tell me where to select the Full HD video settings from Magic lantern Menu? is this option available in magic lantern?

ilguercio

Quote from: artstylish on November 01, 2012, 06:44:44 PM
I was in Video Mode then i check the HDR Button and took ISO 100 from Magic lantern manu. then press the movie recording button from camera body. Now what happed.

my video exposure changes second by second. when i finish making of 2 minutes of video. then the final result was very bad. my video is flickering with high lighting bolts.

it seems like that my video is ok on behind the lighting bolt sparks flashes.
what happed? why was the video like that?

and please tell me where to select the Full HD video settings from Magic lantern Menu? is this option available in magic lantern?
Would you please read that manual before asking a question for each single ML feature?
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.

nanomad

Indeed, and the 1100D has no FullHD video option, who told you that?

ilguercio

Quote from: nanomad on November 01, 2012, 06:51:12 PM
Indeed, and the 1100D has no FullHD video option, who told you that?
Despite all the effort put into warning the users about the features and the presence of a user manual people keep asking the same questions over and over. No wonder these are their first messages, the time spent writing the post could have been used to read the manual thoroughly.
Looks like somebody needs to test the users at the first startup before letting them fire up ML.
::)
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.

faxika

Hello, it seems that the INSTALL.pdf and UserGuide.pdf its corrupt, here appears they have 0kb and I can't open.

nanomad

The download page states that the files are provided without documentation, beacause we are not done yet. You can refer to the 2.3 stable docs, some stuff is similar

artstylish

ok my respected friends now i am going to follow your instructions and reading Magic lantern manul and also taking help from youtube tutorials from all over the world.

Now if i found any issue which i cannot understand then i will disturb you please.
thanks for your advice.

artstylish

jplxpto

Quote from: a1ex on November 01, 2012, 05:16:11 PM
You will get some cool pics like these: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3443

;)

Alex, you like playing with the guys :)

This function is not as crazy as before... heheh

kainpower

Hello nanomad. Simon recently discovered the audio chip. You know if you can implement audio controls?. In the change logs, I see few changes for the 1100D are you still working on it? About what?

Thanks for the work.

nanomad

Well, truth be told, the audio IC of the 1100D is rather weak. Lowering the volume means the mic won't pic up anything...the same goes for the AGC

I have a test build ready if you're interested but it's full of bugs (but at least it shows the 0 potential of the 1100D audio IC)

kainpower

If you prefer to wait many errors, where something more stable. Nanomad thank you very much.

samu.qu

Hey everyone, I had discovered the MagicLantern Firmware a few months ago but i hadn't had the time nor the guts to try to install it... but well, just a few hours ago i tried it and after a few failed attempts, voilĂ , I got it running on my 1100D, I've played for the last hour with a few features, and i got my first crash (awww...) It happened while I was reviewing a video recorded just with the HDR option enabled. That would be it, I'll attach the crash log and hope it will be of any help.
At last I want to show my most sincere thanks for all of the hard work and time the developers have spent

SamuQu

Edit: btw, now I remember I had only installed the RC3, and with my urge to try it I forgot to update to the nightly builds... I hope the log will still be of some help

QuoteASSERT: 0
at Evf\EvfState.c:1190, task Evf
lv:1 mode:20

Magic Lantern version : v2.3.NEXT.2012Sep25.1100D105
Mercurial changeset   : 26ca6cd1515e (unified) tip
Built on 2012-09-25 13:48:53 by [email protected].
Free Memory  : 346K + 298K

snakesanti

Hi there!
Another happy user since a few weeks, reading forum and enjoying ML.

I have a little issue:
When trying to format sd card without loosing ML, starts a beep and that msg is shown: "restart your camera (shoot_malloc err.)"
Searching in ML menu, i've found free memory is in red, and that value is 346k+369k. Maybe that the problem?
I'm using latest nightly, and nearly have only activated zebras, crop, etc.

Good job nanomad, congrats!

nanomad

Yes our camera has almost no free memory so it may happen

About the video player, I'll check it out. Thanks for reporting