Canon 1100D / T3

Started by a1ex, June 14, 2012, 04:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starbase64

photo on live view (without mirror) is important for me, i've made many time lapse.

Mark Hähnel

What is the latest "most stable" nightly for the 1100D / T3?
The latest Nightly (magiclantern-Nightly.2014Oct07.1100D105.zip) crashs really often.

Hope someone can give me some recommendations.

Greetings
Mark

47Crows

I'm using the "magiclantern-Nightly.2014Oct07.1100D105" build. It's quite stable.

dmilligan

Mark Hähnel

QuoteThat's not helpful.
I haven't looked deeper into it. Just wanted to know about a nightly thats stable for others.
I saved the logs and will look into them and upload them as soon as i have time for it.

nangaprabat

Hi.
I´m new here and i installed today the Nightly.2015Jan15.1100D105 on my eos 1100D.
Works great, but i don´t found the audio menu. first menu point is expo.
any help? sorry for my bad english!

dmilligan

nangaprabat

Thank you!  :( hope it comes in future or is it technical not possible?

ans86

Can anyone tell here what is the best last stable nightly build?
Thank you!  :)

dmilligan

the answer to that question will always be: the most recent one

ans86

Quote from: dmilligan on February 06, 2015, 03:14:18 PM
the answer to that question will always be: the most recent one

I installed the last one but sometimes it have some visualization problem.

walter_schulz

Are you able to reproduce them?

ans86

Not really well.
Sometimes the ML menu flash anc you can see the camera menu or display.

47Crows

Quote from: ans86 on February 06, 2015, 04:46:02 PM
Not really well.
Sometimes the ML menu flash anc you can see the camera menu or display.

Don't worry, it's been occasionally doing that since at least 2013 with no ill effects.

Walter Schulz

erniepotts

hey guys i'm new to magic lantern and DSLRs in general just wondering why my videos are coming out dark.  I have great lighting my settings are 24 fps, 50 shutter speed, iso 640, and aperture 3.5 (18-55mm kit lens). I'm not sure whats going on bc when I shot a test video with my iphone its perfect. Is there a feature I need to enable somewhere.

dmilligan

Increase your exposure parameters or get brighter lights

erniepotts

Thanks once I increased the ISO to 1600 it was good. I probably need a better lens to utilize the settings I was trying to film at.

TweeMeter

Hey guys, i recently installed ML on my 1100D, first day everything was working fine and no problems. Yesterday, when i turned the camera off, the red light kept blinking, when the camera was off. It stopped when i took out the SD card. Is there any problem with this or can i just keep the SD card in it? I've read that a blinking red light meant that the SD card was busy (or something like that) when the camera is on. But mine even keeps blinking when the camera it shut down.

I also switched from video to M mode, to take pictures yesterday, but the shutter wouldn't open, and there was no liveview on. It was like it was in video mode, except i saw nothing on the screen (only the information about settings you always have when you press Q when in manual mode). After pulling the battery, the shutter went up again and i could take pictures. I haven't had this before and this was the only time i had it. Are these problems known or is it something new?

Thanks!

47Crows

Quote from: TweeMeter on March 12, 2015, 09:24:43 AM
Are these problems known or is it something new?
Thanks!

This is definitely new.

ayy_macaroni

Hi,

Not sure if this is the best place to post this but feel free to correct me!

I've been using ML for almost a month now, but it has been the most enjoyable month of using my T3 ever.

However, I was wondering if a new feature could be implemented? I think focus limiting would be extremely useful. The best it could possibly be is to have two focus limits, a near and a far, so the focus would only bounce around between the two points.

I'm saying this because I recently just started using it for bird shots, by leaving it right up close to a bird feeder and setting it to motion detect. I get a lot of cool shots, but the focus is often off, even shooting at f/11. If I could set the focus limits to either (or maybe both) just past the feeder and just in front, I could leave AF on for the shots.

Sample shot I've taken using this method: http://imgur.com/FEbBz5t

This would be so cool if you could do this!

dmilligan

We don't know how to control Canon AF algorithms. Most of the AF stuff is on a separate chip that we have no control over.

ayy_macaroni

Cool.
Just out of curiosity, how then do you control the focus for focus racking and stacking?

dmilligan

In LV we can make the motor step. That's about it.

asdfg

hi there! is there any risk in installing ML that cant be fixed by taking off ML?