Canon 1100D / T3

Started by a1ex, June 14, 2012, 04:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamg187

Hey Nanomad did you ever get a chance to revisit adding Gain Control?  I added an external mic jack and am trying to use a Rode Videomic, but even with the -20 db disabled I can barely hear any sound.  Thanks

Ebrahim Saadawi

The 1100D does not have any way to input audio through an external microphone. What are you refering to?

47Crows

Quote from: Ebrahim Saadawi on August 09, 2014, 11:24:27 AM
The 1100D does not have any way to input audio through an external microphone. What are you refering to?

From what I understand, he spliced it. My guess is that instead of using the embedded microphone, he rewired the circuitry (2 wires, one cold, one hot) into a mono input, in which he can plug a microphone.

spencermountain

worked wonderfully for me. thank you so much

to make the card bootable, i used macboot (http://www.zenoshrdlu.com/macboot/macboot.html) and it's macbootcommand script, as described on their site. I added the magicLantern files to the card, then ran the update firmware process on the camera.

now when I hit the Av+/- button, I get all the bad-ass stuff, like time-lapse, and crazy stuff I don't yet understand.
thanks!

starbase64

Hi,

the latest nightly is 20 Aug. Problem on nightly server?

regards

starbase64

Stedda

Nightly Builds are complied as changes are made... no changes no need for a new Nightly.
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

starbase64

ten days without changes on all cameras. wow

Stedda

Since I can't code myself I don't worry about the frequency of the updates or new features...
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

starbase64

mountainholler

Hey all,
I'm new and want to install magic lantern. The home page says it is compatible with the t3, but download page doesn't have a listed version. Do you use a version for another model?

dmilligan

mountainholler

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads
and read disclaimer there.

Hosenborg

Hello I'm new to this forum, I was just wondering if there will ever be raw video shooting capabilities for the t3 

thanks in advance ,Jess

Joseriul

Quote from: Hosenborg on September 29, 2014, 09:16:51 PM
Hello I'm new to this forum, I was just wondering if there will ever be raw video shooting capabilities for the t3 

thanks in advance ,Jess

There is raw shooting at the moment for 1100D, search on this topic for the latest build by an user
I have tried and i can shoot, but only 3-5 seconds
Canon Eos   T3/1100D Mark Free - EF-S 18-55 III - EF 75-300 II - EF 50mm f/1.8 II

v100ev

Hello,
I've just tried the last build for our camera. (Wanted to try dualISO).
DualISO - works fine, the previous build was somehow slower on my camera. This build is ok, BUT: using the motion detect made some trouble. It works great but it didn't let me return from liveView to normal view, after pushing the LV button it exited the LV and after a second returned to it. Turning off the camera worked. But that's the issue I had.. I'm very thankful for your work guys! If ML used Python I would try to help :)

artstylish

Hello Transformers!

I am using nightly build Magic Lantern software of dated 27-7-2012, in my Canon 1100D Dslr. And now i want to update new magic lantern of 2014, so should i copy and replace new files with old ones?

And second help i needed from u is that please tell me how can i remove magic lantern from my camera. please send me link, Actually i forgot, but I once did that.

Good luck to all

artstylish

And please send the latest Magic Latern of October 2014 download link for Canon 1100D. and its installation method.

Take care all

47Crows

Can we get someone to flash a per-page, flashing-red sticky that says "READ THE FAQ, THEN THE WHOLE THREAD"?

Ontopic: read the instructions that flash on the camera when you install ML. Or, you know, the faq/manual.

bvjgcigh

Niknais007

Hello guys! I'm pretty new to Magic Lantern on 1100D, but since i have got it, i love it, love the expposure controls, focus peaks... But could someone do a full-on tutorial how to install the RAW video module?, i'm not sure if i even said the proper thing, but i'd like to see someone make a tutorial for "How to get RAW video on 1100D". Thanks.

Walter Schulz

Niknais007

It is, i suppose(Reply #1266;1267;1268 on this thread)

Walter Schulz

You have three options:
- Compile that branch on your own
- Ask Audionut to compile it for you
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12608.0
- Wait until this branch has been merged into main branch

Aaberg

I remember reading of a custom built that enabled full res silent pictures. Is that something that the 1100D can run?