Canon 1100D / T3

Started by a1ex, June 14, 2012, 04:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47Crows

Quote from: Ebrahim Saadawi on July 11, 2014, 04:14:40 AM
I'll get the newer regular IS II (non stm) version tomorrow so we'll see how it does with that one.

I have the IS II version and it doesn't work. It's the lens specs themselves.

dmilligan (at least) once explained what's the deal with it and why it won't work with this focal length range and aperture range setup. It simply had something to do with ML's values not syncing with the minimum F-numbers at each end of the focal length range.

dmilligan

Had to dig my 18-55 out of the dumpster to confirm this one. Doesn't work in video or photo LV. This isn't exactly a priority for me, I don't record video and never use the kit lens.

47Crows

Quote from: timelapseHD on July 08, 2014, 09:44:22 PM
Did somebody try full res silent pics?

Currently using #1257's Experimental_build_1100D.zip (https://mega.co.nz/#!294TkDZK!cPxupx6zZ_1gc_t-iXemeAVj0e4UWAXap1ffRgRXizM) , which was posted June 27th.

• Silent pics of ANY resolution result in a blank (0 bytes) DNG for each session (i.e.: the time between power up and power down of the camera); a message is printed briefly each time I "take" a silent pic, with the location at which the DNG was supposed to be
  • RAW video works like a charm, except for when you zoom in (Canon's zoom, not magic zoom): the LV picture freezes, but the recording continues normally (action following the freeze is recorded seamlessly)
  • this one is a bit tricky: in LV, while having silent pics enabled (with half shutter press as trigger), if I snap a picture (full shutter press), the image gets written to the file, but the camera beeps; a second time this is attempted, the shutter can be heard doing its job, the mirror comes down, but it never comes up. The camera then prints out a Canon message "BUSY" on the screen, the LED stays lit. When trying to power down the camera, the Canon image saving screen appears (blue circle thingy stating how many images it has to save) and it stays there indefinitely. When opening the card/battery door, the camera prints out a Canon message among the lines of "Close the door. Do not remove the battery." No image is saved this time.
Hope I've been of some help.

tl;dr: there are plenty of bugs, but the camera is very much alive, with no sign of being bricked; AETTR works like a charm and I quite dig the RAW histogram and zebras(which are more like false colours)

timelapseHD

I will compile a new build tommorow.
Canon 1100D

Ebrahim Saadawi

Quote from: RevinFilms on July 11, 2014, 11:43:09 AM
Will this bug get a fix ? That would be so awesome as I don't have other lenses  :(.

Confirmed. Doesn't work with either the 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 III or 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II.

I actually love the kit lens as an 18mm f/3.5 wide angle prime. It's the only wide angle option at that budget.

You can still use it. It's actually not that much of a problem as I use it wide-open all the time anyway and adjust exposure with ISO and Shutter angle and Variable ND.

dmilligan

caiokv

Hi guys,

I am new to ML, and would like to try it on my 1100D, but I am not sure about HOW to install, since the directions are given to V 2.3, and the 1100D uses V 1.05. I am really sorry if there is another place I should be asking this, but I could not find any up-to-date discussion about this.
I believe I only need to format my card, extract ML there and turn on my camera, is it so?

Thanks,

Caio

fufuheo

Quote from: caiokv on July 15, 2014, 06:17:36 PM
Hi guys,

I am new to ML, and would like to try it on my 1100D, but I am not sure about HOW to install, since the directions are given to V 2.3, and the 1100D uses V 1.05. I am really sorry if there is another place I should be asking this, but I could not find any up-to-date discussion about this.
I believe I only need to format my card, extract ML there and turn on my camera, is it so?

Thanks,

Caio
V 2.3 is refers to the Magic Lantern version, not the camera firmware version (1.0.5).
To download Magic Lantern for the 1100D, go to http://magiclantern.fm/downloads.html, scroll down to Nightly Builds (No stable version is availible for the 1100D yet) read the text and click the "Browse Nightly Builds" button, select 1100D.105 (1100D with firmware version 1.0.5) and download.
Once it is done click this link: http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/install scroll down to "First install guide" and follow step 1 and 2.
Hope it helps!
1100D, EOSM, EF-M 18-55 IS STM EF 75-300 f/4-5.6 II USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

RevinFilms

Any news about 1080p video recording ?
1100D

dmilligan

Yara

Hello,

I am currently trying to install Magic Lantern onto my Cannon Rebel T3i. I have formated the memory card and put the downloaded files onto them. When I went to update the firmware it says loading. It has been loading for at least 10 minutes now. Do you guys know what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Yara

Audionut

Do you see this?

Looks like 1100D has the updated firmware installer.  dmilligan, interested in starting a fresh topic?

Ebrahim Saadawi

Quote from: Yara on July 21, 2014, 11:23:03 PM
Hello,

I am currently trying to install Magic Lantern onto my Cannon Rebel T3i. I have formated the memory card and put the downloaded files onto them. When I went to update the firmware it says loading. It has been loading for at least 10 minutes now. Do you guys know what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Yara

Did you install the t3i version? Take notice all the talk and files throughout this thread is about the T3, not the T3i.

Ebrahim Saadawi

In the latest builds, I am not able to format the memory cards in-camera anymore. When done, the magic lantern restoration process freezes at "writing bootflags", and you have to remove the battery, lose magic lantern until installing the fir. File and upgrading the firmware again.

dmilligan

Quote from: Audionut on July 22, 2014, 12:15:14 AM
Looks like 1100D has the updated firmware installer.  dmilligan, interested in starting a fresh topic?
sure, I'll start getting some things together and writing something up (btw, right now it doesn't appear I have permission to start a new thread in this section)

a1ex

Cool. Just start it somewhere else and I'll move it.

Quote from: Ebrahim Saadawi on July 22, 2014, 02:31:19 PM
In the latest builds, I am not able to format the memory cards in-camera anymore. When done, the magic lantern restoration process freezes at "writing bootflags", and you have to remove the battery, lose magic lantern until installing the fir. File and upgrading the firmware again.

Did this ever work? When exactly? (which builds?)

Ebrahim Saadawi

Quote from: a1ex on July 22, 2014, 05:38:20 PM
Did this ever work? When exactly? (which builds?)

Formatting in-camera always worked no problem with ML. Now constantly freezes at "writing bootflags".  Not sure exactly when the issue began but I found it in the latest couple of nightly builds.

a1ex

If you answer my question, I might be able to fix it. If not... not.

bvjgcigh

I apologize if this isn't the place and I have literally no knowledge on how magic lantern is created- so I unfortunately cannot contribute to the code. However, I was wondering if it is possible to add 1080p recording capabilities to the 1100d with maybe a lower bitrate? I know this seems very far fetched and it probably has something to do with the capabilities of the sensor itself- but I know the 50d cannot originally record any video at all, however, magic lantern allows you to record 1080p video (although it is very buggy and has no audio). Thanks for reading this.

note: I'm not begging for someone to add the feature. I'm just wondering if its possible at all.

dmilligan

Read this thread or just search, I'm sure it has been asked more than once.

TokraCro

Need help guys.. can you point me in right direction :)

I need to uninstall magic lantern from my camera.. I just sold it and need to remove it before I can give it to this guy
and I have no idea how to do that or where to read how to remove that specific build
Can anyone give me a link or something how to remove that one so I dont mess up my camera

2.3.next.2013jun13.1100D105
built on 2013-06-13 by nanomad
Canon 6D, Canon T2i, Canon 1100D. 18-55 IS, 18-55 III, Sigma 30mm 1.4 DC HSM EX, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 55-250 IS, Minolta MC Rokkor -PF 50mm (reverse for macro)

Walter Schulz

Format card using a cardreader, insert card into cam, format it again. Download latest nightly build. Copy extracted contents to card's root (cardreader again). Insert card into cam, run firmware update and wait until timeout occurs.
Camera's bootflag will be removed.

TokraCro

do I need to run some other CANON firmware or something or thats it ?
Canon 6D, Canon T2i, Canon 1100D. 18-55 IS, 18-55 III, Sigma 30mm 1.4 DC HSM EX, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 55-250 IS, Minolta MC Rokkor -PF 50mm (reverse for macro)

47Crows

Quote from: TokraCro on August 03, 2014, 10:51:52 PM
Need help guys.. can you point me in right direction :)

I need to uninstall magic lantern from my camera [...]

Here you go.

Quote"[...] Uninstalling Magic Lantern

Don't just delete the Magic Lantern files from the card! If you do, the camera will freeze at startup and you'll have to take the battery out.

Uninstalling ML from one card

Format that card from the camera (select this option: Format card, remove Magic Lantern) and reboot. Your camera will load the original firmware when you use that card.

Uninstalling ML from the camera

With a Magic Lantern card, launch the Firmware Update process and follow the instructions on-screen.
    Re-installing Canon firmware will not remove Magic Lantern."

TokraCro