Canon 1100D / T3

Started by a1ex, June 14, 2012, 04:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theEmoboy

Quote from: akashdua on April 09, 2014, 12:28:53 PM
can someone please tell me if it really is safe for my Canon EOS1100D?

Quite frankly dude you're not loosing much if your 1100d breaks. But it wont! Read the Magic Lantern Website before making posts about this! Magic Lantern only exists on your sd card and it bootstraps to run in the background on the normal firmware. As long as you don't do anything stupid in the developer options you will be fine!

nanomad

No idea, I don't have one to test
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

sivagum

Hi,

I am looking for SPOT Metering in 1100D for Night Sky-Star photography.I know ML has Spot metering.
Is there a way to fix to x% and continue shooting?
Suggest me please. ::)

wert

when is someone going to work on a released version of ml for the rebel t3?

dmilligan

What does that mean? The nightly builds are released publicly.

47Crows

Quote from: wert on April 20, 2014, 09:38:10 PM
when is someone going to work on a released version of ml for the rebel t3?

I think he means a Unified/"Official" version, like with the 5D and all those that are fully supported. I'm no developer, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon, mainly because of the limitations this camera has and the bugs that are caused by said limitations/differences.

Offtopic, but it's been driving me insane: whenever I shoot in LiveView, I hear a short, mechanical, friction-ridden sound at the beginning of the exposure, from within the camera (which is not the mirror going up, obviously). Up until now I thought it was the shutter, resetting the sensor or something, but I took the lens out and repeated the experiment. The shutter does not come down, but the sound is present. It is not produced by the speaker. Can anybody please tell me what it is? It's keeping me up at night since I can't explain its existence. Thanks.

EDIT: apparently, the shutter "resets" the sensor, which means the shutter travels right at the beginning of the exposure.

theEmoboy

Quote from: starbase64 on April 17, 2014, 09:59:23 AM
Hi,

ml works on Toshiba Wifi Card "FlashAir"?

http://www.amazon.de/32GB-Toshiba-FlashAir-Wi-Fi-CL10-Speicherkarte/dp/B00GX5EX18/ref=sr_1_6?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1397721348&sr=1-6&keywords=Toshiba+flashair

regards

starbase64

Hi. I think it should work since it is not 64gb. But don't quote me on that. If you had a 64gb version or for that matter I would suggest using the eos card tool for magic lantern.  http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/EOScard . It is chdk but i think the setting allow you to flash ml too.

47Crows

Completely off-topic, but I figure someone might want to look up this info, let it be found on a 1100D forum:
I opened up my focusing screen ensemble. Just a heads-up for anyone who ventures there, IT (the focusing screen) WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE REPLACED, so make sure you understand the risks.

• Put the camera on its back. (preferably, tilted at a 45° angle toward the top side)
  • Open the outer frame (3) by pushing inside on its tab. Try to avoid touching the mirror at all times.
  • Pick up the screen (2) by any of the north "ears" (those facing you). Try to avoid touching the central part of the screen. Don't worry, there is only one way of putting in the screen (check the south ear that should fit in the bottom slot to the right). If all goes wrong, try to install the screen as the number 20 (seen on the east ear) is facing you.
  • If done correctly, you shouldn't even deal with the other frame (1). If you do, however, dislodge it, don't worry, like the screen, it can only be put in one way (check the cutaways in the frame and compare them to their counterparts on the camera). At the time of writing I am wondering why this frame even exists since it's completely flat and very thin.

I hope someone finds it helpful.

vadithiyan

Im using ML on a 1100D, i find that bulb ramping feature is missing. Is it a problem with my installation, or is this feature not available for 1100D?

dmilligan

Quote from: vadithiyan on April 29, 2014, 05:17:18 AM
Im using ML on a 1100D, i find that bulb ramping feature is missing. Is it a problem with my installation, or is this feature not available for 1100D?
You clearly didn't do a search of the forum. The feature was removed and the first dozen or so search results for "bulb ramping" lead to posts that indicate this.

You have two alternatives:
AutoETTR for automatic ramping and deflicker with this or this
adv_int.mo for manual ramping

or a combination of the two

LeXXiii

Hi. I have two questions. Is possible to find change log for night builds just for 1100D and is there some list with all change not just for one day? Because I don't want check change log every day. I try find, but I didn't. Thank you :-)
Canon 1100D

47Crows

Quote from: LeXXiii on May 06, 2014, 02:19:00 PM
Hi. I have two questions. Is possible to find change log for night builds just for 1100D and is there some list with all change not just for one day? Because I don't want check change log every day. I try find, but I didn't. Thank you :-)

I believe this is the closest thing to your request.

Also, https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/ml-devel/hgaMKPUYctI/LZnOzMVgVcoJ ; https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/src/tip/platform/1100D.105/ to check what's happening with development.

dmilligan

Quote from: LeXXiii on May 06, 2014, 02:19:00 PM
Almost all changes are to common source files or modules. These changes will also affect the 1100D. The only reason they wouldn't is if they were changes to features that are disabled in the 1100D build, or if they are changes in modules you don't use. For modules, the commit comment typically begins with the module name. For disabled features, there is no automatic way of figuring this out. You'd have to inspect the source code and the actual changes.

View the full commit history on bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/commits

LeXXiii

Thank you! I think, I found answer for my questions.  :)
Canon 1100D

ml138

i have a eos 1100d and some questions about which magic lantern version to use.
the 2.3 stable version has no .fir for the 1100d.
can i copy it from the latest nightly build or rc3 version, because i want to use a stable version?

thank you!

Walter Schulz

You can but it won't work.
You can't just pick the binaries you like to get a running system will all the pros but no cons. It will not fit.

ml138

will there be a stable version for the 1100d?
if yes, when?

dmilligan

uddytzuu

ML gives 1100D Manual video exposure?

dmilligan

1k738

is there any problems / bugs with the Nightly Build of 1100d?
if there is can i be of service? i own one if you need testing done so we could make it go faster!
as long as it won't ruin my camera i wouldn't mind testing it out!

1k738

by the way is there any harm in putting on the latest version of ml on my camera?

Grizraz

I own both an 1100D and a 650D and have latest working nightly builds of ML for both.  I use them frequently, even did a short time lapse using the 1100D while out shooting a sunset on Oregon Coast.  Appreciate all the work that people put into developing Magic Lantern!  I know many Canon users that are suddenly taking an interest in the features the little 1100D does that their pro bodies do not.

colt

Hi,

Quote from: fufuheo on February 06, 2014, 08:59:42 PM
No, it says Motion level=0 even when moving the camera a lot. I am not able to get it to react at all

Is it solved since February?

Thx :)