Canon 1100D / T3

Started by a1ex, June 14, 2012, 04:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad.eos

Cool! Thanks a1ex for your dedication, I shall try the new nightly right away! ;-)
Canon EOS 1100D w/ 18-55mm | ML Nightly Build Tester

ieproductions

Thanks so much! That fixed the problem and it's working perfectly. :)

mad.eos

Works like a charm! ;-)  I sense we are very close to a stable version for the 1100d, RAW  video is next. :-D  great work guys!

a1ex

Well, it's just a tiny step towards a solid code base.

I chose 1100D for testing this one because it was one of the most troublesome regarding screenshot (lack of memory, low resolution, pixels not square), but all other cameras will benefit from it.

Can you post an image from LiveView focused on some fine print? (just curious to see how it handles the lower resolution)

mad.eos

Sure can a1ex, as soon as I get home! ;-)

dmilligan

Quote from: a1ex on March 04, 2014, 05:54:21 PM
(just curious to see how it handles the lower resolution)
There was a fair amount of aliasing when I tried it (at work, so I can't upload anything for you ATM), I wasn't sure if it was just the camera's LV feed or not (it's a lot easier to see the effect on my huge on my computer screen than on that tiny camera screen)

a1ex

The LiveView buffer on 1100D is 720x240, and the screenshot code upsamples it to 720x480.

Sure, I could have used the HD buffer, but this one is just a feature useful mostly for debugging, research and tutorials (so I don't see the point in doing extra effort for squeezing more resolution).

dmilligan

Quote from: a1ex on March 04, 2014, 06:37:02 PM
(so I don't see the point in doing extra effort for squeezing more resolution).
agreed

mad.eos

Oh snap! It hangs in LV mode, can only take screenshots in menus etc...  ::)

dmilligan

https://bitbucket.org/dmilligan/magic-lantern/downloads/VRAM0.PPM

https://bitbucket.org/dmilligan/magic-lantern/downloads/VRAM3.PPM

Quote from: mad.eos on March 04, 2014, 11:45:46 PM
Oh snap! It hangs in LV mode, can only take screenshots in menus etc...  ::)
Perhaps you the build you are using doesn't have it yet (check the changelog or just try again tomorrow)

Trion

Hello nanomad,

I referred your youtube video and installed magiclattern for my 1100d.
It is great, however my liveview screen is now green.

Is there any option i clicked by mistake?

nanomad

No magician here. Reset Canon settings and restore ML ones. Also make sure you are using the latest nightly builds
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

47Crows

Quote from: Trion on March 05, 2014, 06:50:46 AM
...my liveview screen is now green.
Is there any option i clicked by mistake?

That usually happens when you tamper with brightness/contrast in the Display tab.

a1ex

By definition, brightness and contrast should not change the hue. If this happens, it's a bug.

47Crows

Ok, then, I've had this bug since around october 2012, when I got my first nightly.

Everything is when using LiveView, as suggested by the name of each feature:

• LV DIGIC peaking set to anything other than "off" or "slightly sharper" will result in a crisp, greener image.
  • LV brightness results in a green tint.
  • LV contrast results in a purple tint.

... but at least LV saturation and display gain work as expected.

a1ex

Do you have some images to show it?

47Crows

Quote from: a1ex on March 05, 2014, 05:43:43 PM
Do you have some images to show it?

To what I can observe, it seems only the green channel is affected by these changes. If you mix equal parts of brightness and contrast adjustment, the image tends to balance itself out, color-wise.

EDIT: I tried taking a screenshot, but it crashed (apparently this happens in LV) and the PPM that resulted didn't have any changes in color/contrast/brightness, like the screenshot was taken pre-effect.

Ebrahim Saadawi

Yes the contrast and brightness features don't work since first build ever made (colors shift just like previous post) Though Digic Peaking works in the "slightly sharper" setting, and Saturation works in all settings.

Trion

Quote from: 47Crows on March 05, 2014, 10:09:32 AM
That usually happens when you tamper with brightness/contrast in the Display tab.

Thanks.
The pic above helped me sort it out.

Myxir

Hey guys!

I've just installed Magic Lantern on my EOS 1100D. Works fine. It's very impressive, what functions this piece of software brings to the camera.

Everythink seems to work (But why are Screenshots taken as .ppm??)

lol? :D

So, uhm, could anyone give me a crash course in ML? There are some very interesting features, like ETTR and Dual ISO, but i seems that this is a little bit... complicate. Are there some tutorials or so I can use?

Thanks. Great work.

PS: Are there any other games for this? :P  :o
EOS 1100D
18-55mm/3.5-5.6 IS II | 55-250mm/4-5,6 IS II | 40mm/2,8 Pancake
Metz MB 24 AF-1

cerbeld

Quote from: 47Crows on March 02, 2014, 10:15:48 PM
So far, autoETTR is NOT yet supported in LiveView, because we're still lacking LV RAW support. However, you can do just that by using either of the first 2 modes (always and autosnap, NOT during LiveView): take a RAW pic and then the exposure will be automatically set as far as it should be to the right, after an "offline" analysis is done on the previously-taken image.

(Am I doing it right, guys?)

thanks a lot! it´s working now :)

Myxir

EOS 1100D
18-55mm/3.5-5.6 IS II | 55-250mm/4-5,6 IS II | 40mm/2,8 Pancake
Metz MB 24 AF-1

EVZML

Any news on RAW video module?

dmilligan

If there's news you'll read about it here, but the absolute best you can hope for even if we do get it working is a couple of seconds of low resolution. The very small buffer and very low write speed makes recording raw quite impractical on this camera. The real practical uses of the raw buffer would be silent pictures and ETTR/Raw overlays in LV