Canon 1100D / T3

Started by a1ex, June 14, 2012, 04:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanomad

Cannot reproduce the bug, can you upload a zip of the ML folder on your card?
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

mad.eos

Even now that it's working? Only the benchmark doesn't work. But I can upload it. No problem ;-)
Canon EOS 1100D w/ 18-55mm | ML Nightly Build Tester

47Crows

Using 2014Feb21.1100D105, I managed to get into lots of problems:

• Memory Error  |> alloc(12kB|TMP|DMA)
    No module will load (except for pic_view, which is quite useless if file_man doesn't load).
  • Even with all modules disabled, the error is still there.
  • Closing the camera while in the ML menu causes it to freeze, until the battery is taken out.

Can anyone confirm this, or is this just because my card reader decided to die on me just as I was copying the new files on the card? (the version shown in the debug tab is the current one and I have noticed a new module, so I think all the important files (.bin and .mo) have been updated)

mad.eos

47Crows, exactly what happened to me with other builds and with that nightly so...  Back to the old version for me again :-(  something went terribly wrong from Feb 9th and up,  more or less...

Ebrahim Saadawi

With latest build(s), the camera freezes a lot, more than ever, and the only way around it is to take the battery out. Should I go for older builds?

mad.eos

Sure should, at least for now until the devs start debugging and find what's up with the new builds. Shouldn't be long though... Although it's Friday so they must be recharging their coding juice ;-)

Ebrahim Saadawi

Thank you. it truly freaked me out because I have a shoot tomorrow and I wouldn't be able to work with a camera freezing every couple if minutes! Good news is I downloaded an old build (4-feb) and the problem is gone. Thabks again.

a1ex

Quote from: 47Crows on February 21, 2014, 11:39:32 PM
Memory Error  |> alloc(12kB|TMP|DMA)

What's the complete error message?

47Crows

Quote from: a1ex on February 22, 2014, 07:21:14 AM
What's the complete error message?

That's it. It's in the debug tab, as an item with a red box to its left. The item's name is Memory Error and its "setting"/value is that error.

I formatted the card without keeping ML and I'll try another card reader in a few minutes.
EDIT: I updated to the Feb 22nd nightly, still the same problem

I forgot to mention, on the bottom bar while the error is highlighted, it says

Free memory, shared between ML and Canon firmware.
No allocator for 15kB|TMP|DMA at tcc-glue.c: 70, module_task.

a1ex

No fake screenshots please. I know how it looks like, I want to know what it says in the help line.

mad.eos

Hello! How's the raw video module coming up Alex? :-)

a1ex

1) why me? (I don't have a 1100D)
2) why rushing it?
3) I think we were trying to troubleshoot an important bug

mad.eos

1) Sorry, thought it was you who launched the good news, my bad. 2) Not rushing anything, a rushed code is a dead one.
3) You are right, sorry for the off-topic, just trying to make some convo while 47Crows gives us a screenshot.

Must be careful trying to be nice next time...

dmilligan

I don't have any issues on d3a8d0ab746b (about 2 days ago) and I just tried the latest (6bf65b482c71), also seems to be working fine with modules loaded. Could you be more specific about when you get the crashes?

starbase64

Hi,

also no problems here with latest build.

Where can i find a module overview and description? The text on camera is too small for my eyes.

regards

starbase64

a1ex

http://builds.magiclantern.fm/ -> click on Features -> then click on README.

starbase64

mad.eos

Tried again the latest build for the benefit of a doubt but... It hangs, freezes the display when I turn off the camera, shoot_malloc block value is zero, as I mentioned before, same ol' same ol', back to older build (01.02.14), for now... ;)

47Crows

Quote from: dmilligan on February 22, 2014, 03:29:28 PM
Could you be more specific about when you get the crashes?

• Whenever I try to load modules, they all crash, except for pic_view.mo.
  • At times, I open the debug tab, it shows "Memory Error" instead of "Free Memory".
  • Whenever I close the camera while the ML menu is displayed, it'll always hang until I take out the battery.

I'll try tomorrow's build. So far, both the 22nd and 21st have the same problems. (maybe others as well, but I have only tried these 2 so far). To my knowledge, the last one that worked exceptionally was the Feb14th one.

EDIT: it hangs when I'm in the Canon menu as well as when there's some overlay from ML (either a notification like "module loading was skipped due to etc." or the usual overlays in LiveView, although in LV, when you turn off the camera, the screen will hang, but the mirror will go back down).

mad.eos

Yup! Same with me, exactly the same... The shoot_malloc on these later builds don't have any data allocated, don't know if this helps but it's one of the ways I can promptly detect that it's going to hang.

a1ex

If you don't load any modules, do you get any crashes?

(besides that benchmark)

mad.eos

Yes, still hangs with zero modules loaded and if you record a video there shall be the white pixel flashing too. Screenshot function hangs as well.

a1ex

Without any module loaded, do you still get memory errors? (if so, what's the exact message?)

mad.eos

I'm not at home atm but if 47crows or somebody who also has these problems could post the error ide be thankful. It's weird that it's only happening to the both of us, that I know of. :-)

47Crows

Quote from: a1ex on February 22, 2014, 09:41:56 PM
Without any module loaded, do you still get memory errors? (if so, what's the exact message?)

The error is the same:

Memory Error   alloc(12kB|TMP|DMA)
No allocator for 12kB|TMP|DMA at tcc-glue.c:70, module_task.