Canon 5D Mark III

Started by a1ex, June 14, 2012, 04:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vitafab

Hi guys,
i've tried my 5d mark iii and i'm very impressed. Of course i'm missing the onscreen info and focus picking a lot but i'm loving the silent control for shutter iso and audio, so i can't wait to see the interaction between ML features and Canons.
When do you think it will be ready for few test?

a1ex

dude

would this be f*ing facebook, you would get a big like from me, haha.

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

hookah

Donated !!!

this is gonna be Legen wait for it.... dary

5D3, Sigma Art 35mm 1.4, Tamron 24-70mm 2.8 VC, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Canon 50mm 1.4 + 100mm 2.8 macro + 15mm

wintix

crazypig

Me too~ Donated...

Hope I can use ML in Next week video shooting~

AndreasK

ML on 5D3? Finally, hallelujy, where's the donate button? Gonna donate immediately :)

Btw. what did you mean liveview is more usabel (2 stops more) then on 5D2 ?

kinematicdigit

Quote from: Marsu42 on September 06, 2012, 11:23:41 AM
The problem according to Canon is that highlighted af points hinder metering (unlike the 1d4), it seems to be a design flaw with the many af points and Canon already stated that the upcoming solution "might not make everyone happy". On another forum it was already suggested that's because the solution might be "no solution at all" :-p

I've never heard of this before? Do you have a reference to cite? I've never seen the meter change from the current conditions, even under the lowest light that I can still acquire AF with my fastest F/1.4 lenses.

Even if that was the case, the only point I would want illuminated is my active points and strictly for targeting. Once that has been acquired, it only takes a micro second for the illumination to shut off and the meter to accurate measure light. Regardless under my own tests under an EV of .01 with my handheld meter I saw no difference in the meter when it did light up.

dude

Great, can t wait to test!!

thekreative

YES! ML Mark III. Just got the message on DVXUser and headed on over. ML has been sorely missed after I sold my mark II

matt2491

Woohoo! So exciting!!! Keep up the amazing work!

Now where'd that donate button go again...  ;)

Peter Linov

I can not download, and really want to ... I'm sad ...

nanomad

You need to be a donor to access the download...and donations usually take up to 24h to process
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Lcrusher

How is the firmware guys? Anybody tested it? Got no paypal in my country  >:(

Marsu42

Quote from: kinematicdigit on September 12, 2012, 04:52:33 PM
I've never heard of this before? Do you have a reference to cite? I've never seen the meter change from the current conditions, even under the lowest light that I can still acquire AF with my fastest F/1.4 lenses.

... see http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=6819.0

Svein

It would be really nice if the 5D mk3 would continue to record video past 29min59 sek. I recently used the 5D as a stationary camera to record a gig I was playing and had to have a friend stop and start the camera several times between songs to get the 1 1/2 hour concert. And he missed the last 20 minutes because he mistakenly only pressed stop, not followed by a start...

wintix

it's a default function in ml, so it can probably be expected to be there again.

Svein

I know its already a function in ML, but Canon 5D mk III already automatically starts a new clip with no gaps between the files when the file size exceeds 4 GB. As far as I understand ML produces a 2-3 second gap between the files.

yvan

What a great new to see developpement on 5D MIII  :), I can't shoot without ML anymore... Congratulation to all people working on it, I will donate again...
any possibility to have a usable timecode in 24fps (works only in 25fps) ? also, I don't understand on wich button I can modify value from ML
I'm going to shoot next week (documentary), no autoexec is almost unusable (too long to reload each time the camera is off, do you plan to make it soon ? I have an alphatron electronic viewfinder and the hdmi outpout from my "old" MII is so uggly :-\?
Sincerely
Yvan

nanomad

The no-autoexec.bin thing is done on purpose for the test builds.

robertdouglas

Thanks for your great jobs, I'll be testing this alpha after the 24h waiting ^^
Can't wait, I'll keep you posted about some issues

aaphotog

Is there anyway to donate other than Paypal? I really want to check this out (focus peek, and crops are needed) but cant use paypal