Canon 6D RAW Video recording after 30 seconds CORRUPTED + Menu closing sometimes

Started by Semiconductor, January 18, 2014, 11:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Semiconductor

When I film in RAW,  after 30 seconds the recording breaks automaticly without warning. After trying to put them into DNG, RAWanizer/ Magic Lantern RAW to DNG tools fail. RAWanizer shows me that the raw has a resolution of 25000 x 29596 (high numbers) and it fails. Magic Lantern RAW to DNG just gives a runtime error.

I tried with lower resolution and I get at the end of of processing Runtime Errors!

I can avoid this problem by not recording for more than 20-25 seconds. Does not matter whether I use 720P or 600x800!

Any solution about this?

Second extremly annoying bug:

Menu closes sometimes without touching anything. Fricking annoying :(

1%

raw_rec or mlv_rec?

http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=0DHKsHhtP

That's the latest compile and I've recorded longer than a minute with everything playing back OK.

tranKILL.be

SD card ok I suppose...
I receive my 6D in 2 days, I will test your new release and say if I got the same ;-)

TY again 1% !
Peace, Unity, Love And Having Fun
---------------------------------------
Canon 500D + ML 2.3, Sigma 50mm 1.4 et Samyang 8mm 3.5 | 6D + Tragic.2014Jan18 on Transcend SDXC UHS-I 64Go (59,8Go-exFAT-128kilobytes)

Semiconductor

SD card is perfectly!

I used RAW_REC
I put the newest version from you on my sd card, and will test both again

I could record a bit but what I forgot to say is that software dolly does not function and sometimes ISO is not changeable via hardware button, always have to go to magic lantern menu :(

tranKILL.be

No scientic test raw video for now
Transcend SDXC UHS-I 64Go -> 28Mb max it seems :s

Quote from: Semiconductor on January 18, 2014, 11:08:25 PM
Second extremly annoying bug:
Menu closes sometimes without touching anything. Fricking annoying :(
Got the same, cannot reproduce when I want :s
Peace, Unity, Love And Having Fun
---------------------------------------
Canon 500D + ML 2.3, Sigma 50mm 1.4 et Samyang 8mm 3.5 | 6D + Tragic.2014Jan18 on Transcend SDXC UHS-I 64Go (59,8Go-exFAT-128kilobytes)

1%

QuoteI forgot to say is that software dolly does not function and sometimes ISO is not changeable via hardware button,

ISO won't change via hardware if raw is recording. Raw_rec you can change ISO or other expo at the expense of speed.

The menu closing thing has been going on forever on many bodies.

Semiconductor

Quote from: 1% on January 28, 2014, 07:19:53 AM
ISO won't change via hardware if raw is recording. Raw_rec you can change ISO or other expo at the expense of speed.

The menu closing thing has been going on forever on many bodies.

Which is better RAW_REC or MLV_REC? Whats the difference?

1%

raw_rec is faster and more stable
mlv_rec has sound and meta data but it still needs a few things ironed out

mlv_rec is still being actively worked so may break from build to build.

you should be able to do 1280x720 on either and as a digic V camera with GOOD sync there shouldn't be many if any bad frames.