WAV not sync with MOV

Started by maxowp, January 18, 2014, 10:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxowp

Hello,

I make a documentary and I use Magic Lantern on my Canon 6D. H264 23.976 MOV and seperate WAV.

When I linked audio and video, I noticed they were not sync. Even if I just put audio below video on my timeline (Premiere Pro, Vegas, ...), not sync.

Someone already had the problem or know a solution ?

Thank you,

Maximilien.

1%

Its not in sync for MLV either, stretching + slate always worked for me.

maxowp

Excuse me but can you explain me what's stretching and slate ? 

maxowp

I understood what mean stretching but what software do you use ? And what is "Slate" please ? Thank you.

ted ramasola

5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

maxowp

Excuse me for my english. I just want to sync tracks. After muxing, it's sync in the begin but over reading, it is desynchronized. I used yet a lot of options (stretching x/x, transcoding, change fps, ...) and time...  :-[

sick stu

hi i did camera work on a short film a few months back, i wanted to shoot Raw on my 50D but because of the short amount of time we had (i only had 1 fast CF card for raw)
it was best to shoot ML H264 at 24p with sound recorded on a Zoom H4n. The director e mailed my saying the WAVs are not syncing up to the video and the video is playing back
at 20% faster than normal speed like 'UNDERCRANKING ON A FILM CAMERA' . I figured out that what ever you set your frame rate to in H264 it always dumps the video in a 30p
file. So the editor had to SLOW DOWN the video so it matched the duration of the WAV in Final Cut, so just a 'Change Speed' from 100% to 125%.
That was my first time shooting ML H264, there is other frame rate options like 'EXACT FRAME RATE' not sure if this gives a true 24p or 23.98p .
hope this helps.

1%

The meta data in the MOV is wrong since the only one 50D can write is 30P. You have to manually set it in your NLE