Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Raw Video / Re: Alexa vs EOS M footage
« Last post by mlrocks on Today at 03:07:32 AM »
Canon R5 C is really good.

Another great video! Nice work.  :)
Thanks for watching!
80min??? What the hell...
MacBookPro 2018 with i7 2.7GHz: 1min of 4K 1x3 footage to H.264 "high" takes 13:30min with MLVApp default settings. Playback is at 24fps (around 34fps with framerate override). And that is not fast, compared to the passively cooled M1. Do you export with default settings, or do you enable time consuming features in edit or export area? 1-3fps is very strange... even my MacBook from 2010 with Core2Duo is faster.

I copied the same UHD 1X3 12 bit lossless footage to my MacBook Air 2020, M1, 8 GB. Downloaded MLV App 1.13 App Image. The playback is 13 fps most of the time, but unstable. Export setting is H264 HQ mp4, export time is about 20 minutes per min footage. All settings are default. Is it possible that the footage has details so delaying the processing? The performance is not as good as yours, maybe 50%?
I suspect that MLV App needs a good video card somehow even though it does not use CUDA. I have to wait for several months to buy some good video cards, because the Asian supply is compromised now.
Updated links in the first post for 5D3 and EOSM to Danne's downloads page.

It seems Danne added a delay after calling CartridgeCancel, please test latest Danne build for 5D3 and see if there is a first frame corruption when using "One more hack".
Hi guys!
Recently, I found a very interesting thing on the vastness of Youtube! Video stabilization for DSLR cameras based on data from the gyroscope and accelerometer.
There was already a commercial version called Stead XP, but it is too expensive, and another method is much cheaper (around 20$) with the same results.
The point is to install the FPV flight controller on the camera body so that during video shooting it records data about camera movements, and then based on them it stabilizes the frame with reference to camera position data, and not the image, which will remove stabilization artifacts as in Warp Stabilizer in PP.
Following the instructions, I ordered everything I needed, made all the buttons and the case, and used the Gyroflow program. The result impressed me, with proper skill, the stabilization is excellent. Shaking from hands when shooting standing removes even by 50 mm, the result is generally excellent at 24. Without thinking twice, I did a shooting test while running and it also turned out to be quite good. And also this method perfectly removes the jelly effect from the rolling shutter, and the strength of the adjustment depends on the strength of the movement - this is magic. This all takes shooting to a new level!
The videos will be below the link, if anyone is interested, then write and I'll tell you everything.

P.S. I use 5D3 1.2.3 RAW 1920x1080 14-bit lossless + dual iso

A trip with Katherine and Pita to Doe Bay on Orcas Island.

Thanks to this great community for always inspiring me to get out and shoot!

Build: Danne's latest:


Preset - anamorphic
Resolution - 3840x1560 final unsqueezed
Workflow - Shoot 12bit lossless, view, color, and export prores from MLV app, edit in premiere pro, export for youtube

Gear used:
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 II USM
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8
SLR Magic Variable ND filter
iFootage Monopod
KomputerBay 256gb 1200x
SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB 170MB/s
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10