Download Magic Lantern
- Nightly builds are binaries compiled daily from the latest source code, by an automatic program - BuildBot.
- Anyone who likes to live on the bleeding edge, wants to help ML development, and doesn't care about some features being broken.
- To try the latest features (e.g. you have requested a feature and it was implemented).
- To check if a bug was fixed.
- To help us with testing (please report any bugs you find).
- You are running untested code. The source code is updated daily, and development sometimes progresses very quickly. We can't test every little change on all cameras, so a few things may not work as expected.
- No documentation - the only help for new features is a small line of text, and ML source code.
- No guarantees - if it breaks, you get to keep both pieces. Well, the same is true for stable releases - but at least, the chances of things going wrong should be much lower.
- See the ChangeLog.
- Browse the changeset log on Bitbucket.
- Look for feature requests marked as "DONE". You might find some cool stuff there.
- The list of changes is huge - if you want a nice summary, you need to wait for the next stable release.
- Look in the file name.
- At the time of writing, the compatible cameras are: 550D 1.0.9, 60D 1.1.1, 600D 1.0.2, 50D 1.0.9, 500D 1.1.1, 5D2 2.1.2 and 1100D 1.0.5.
- If the camera is not supported, ML will refuse to load. No need to worry.
- Alpha builds are extremely young in development.
- Cameras in alpha state generally have few, if any features working.
- These builds should not be used in the field.
hg clone -r unified https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern