Module on, enter password -> can see pics taken, can't see unencrypted pics
module off -> can't see encrypted pics, can see normal ones
thanks for testing. thats how it works currently.
no autodetection if a file is encrypted or not.
if a file is crypted, it just contains some garbage with a (repeating) 64 bit xor crypt key that changes every 4k.
i am currently experimenting with RSA and plan to generate the key not from a passphrase, but from random numbers.
then i have to save that key into a RSA encrypted block.
- no password to be entered
- every picture taken is encrypted using a random cipher key (still the symmetric cipher as before, based on 64 bit, 4 tap LFSR and XOR)
- every file has a sidecar file that gets encrypted using the "public" RSA key
- this sidecar file contains the file's symmetric, random cipher key
- to reveal the symmetric cipher key, you have to use the "private" RSA key which should be on your computer at home only
as this means you can not decrypt the file in camera (you cannot review the files anymore) i plan to also add modes that allow you both being used in parallel.
maybe caching the key until camera gets restarted, or a function to save the keys protected with a password if you want to review it later.
mode a) "paranoid": all gets encrypted using RSA+LFSR-XOR in realtime. if you take a shot, you cannot view them in the camera anymore.
mode b) "relaxed": like paranoid, but the decryption keys stay cached until you poweroff the camera
mode c) "normal": all gets encrypted using LFSR-XOR in realtime. you have to enter a password on startup.
mode d) "casual": files are not encrypted. with a menu entry called "encrypt all files", you can encrypt the files
Also get an underflow error from the memory back end.
uhm any idea where it comes from?
whats the message?