Author Topic: Canon 6D  (Read 286935 times)

SergioBellotto

• Just arrived
Re: Canon 6D
« Reply #550 on: August 18, 2017, 04:45:27 PM »
Hi, my 6D is updated to firmware 1.1.7. Before installing and using ML 2.3 I wanted to know if there are any issues and if someone has tried ML with this Firmware.
I would not have any problems, I'm new to this.

keepersdungeon

« Reply #551 on: August 22, 2017, 09:22:30 AM »
Hi, my 6D is updated to firmware 1.1.7. Before installing and using ML 2.3 I wanted to know if there are any issues and if someone has tried ML with this Firmware.
I would not have any problems, I'm new to this.
This firmware is not supported yet u need to downgrade to 1.1.6.
If you search this thread u'll see links for the firmware coz it's not available on Canon vs site anymore.
ML 2.3 is outdated, u should install the nightly builds.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

keepersdungeon

« Reply #552 on: August 24, 2017, 09:22:42 AM »
Can someone help me with the x3 crop on the 6D? I tried what Levas did but can't manage to make it work, installed
adtg_gui.mo module but when I activate it all modules makes errors and cam is unusable.
2-One last question on x5 crop does anyone have some sort of lag in the footage? They're nit as smooth as without crop.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Levas

• 6d - Nightly build user
« Reply #553 on: August 25, 2017, 04:44:56 PM »
@ keepersdungeon, replied your message about the lagging video.

Using adtg_gui for crop mode recording is a pain in the ... you have to alter several settings/registers with adtg_gui and then it works, BUT as far as I know, you can't save these register/settings and therefore you would have to rechange them every time you turn on your camera.

For crop mode I use the 5x zoom, with magic lantern slow low resolution grayscale preview, for framing my shot. And for the recording I use the 10x zoom, which gives me nice high resolution live view, although not the correct framing( more zoomed in.

keepersdungeon

« Reply #554 on: August 26, 2017, 12:10:19 PM »
@ keepersdungeon, replied your message about the lagging video.

Using adtg_gui for crop mode recording is a pain in the ... you have to alter several settings/registers with adtg_gui and then it works, BUT as far as I know, you can't save these register/settings and therefore you would have to rechange them every time you turn on your camera.

For crop mode I use the 5x zoom, with magic lantern slow low resolution grayscale preview, for framing my shot. And for the recording I use the 10x zoom, which gives me nice high resolution live view, although not the correct framing( more zoomed in.

Thank for all the infos @Levas
I switch to canon normal display when I zoom in that way i'm sure what I see is what I get
Thank you for the FPS tip.
Had couple of weird artifact when zoomed in to x10 the screen goes crazy with weird colors all over flickering, but installed the experiment version raw12-10bit from august21 seemed to fix it (not sure should test it more, It could be just luck) but I had other problems u can check them out here.

I'm downloaded the latest experiment version for the 6D (21august)

1-When u activate the FPSoverride the whole image becomes brighter and overexposed , and looks like shutter speed doesn't affect it the only thing that worked was going to f8 or f16, didn't have that prob with previous version (Jul03)
 **FPS settings: 24fps, fix, and the rest didn't touch it

2-I'm also getting this error every time I start recording on an empty SD card (error was in both versions jul03 and august21)
   "FAILED: "WBAL3: queued:7 failed: 1 (requeued)" and I only get it once it doesn't seem to affect the video though or WB, and have a feeling I only get it when there's nothing on the SD card and I hit Record

keepersdungeon

« Reply #555 on: September 20, 2017, 09:05:39 AM »
After shooting a bit more with the experiment 12 bit raw version of August 21. Adding to the list I mentioned above (FPS and WBAL), I had one weird message saying "unable to write RAW Data" I could not replicate it and I'm not sure if it did something to the photo coz I don't remember which one it gave me this message on.
Anyone having these bugs while trying the experiment 12bit raw version of ML?