Author Topic: Canon 100D / SL1  (Read 220149 times)

edt

• New to the forum
Re: Canon 100D / SL1
« Reply #925 on: November 09, 2017, 09:09:40 AM »
Just to add a bit more info.. The added audio functionality allowed for listening to the audio (using an extra lead in the av port ) and gave an on-screen live audio level when recording

Walter Schulz

« Reply #926 on: November 09, 2017, 09:24:12 AM »
60D features Digic 4 processor. 100D comes with Digic 5. See feature matrix -> Audio and get aware for the big gap between those cams coming with/without Digic 4. There is/was a new audio interface in development but - as always - there is no schedule. Digic 5 cam owners are stuck with audio functions provided by Canon.

IDA_ML

« Reply #927 on: November 09, 2017, 09:30:03 AM »
@edt

I am sorry, I misunderstood your question.

IDA_ML

« Reply #928 on: November 10, 2017, 06:50:48 PM »
I have a few questions to the developers working on the 100D;

1) Is it possible to fix the "hick-up" issue on the 100D in the 5x magnification modes which makes the camera unusable in these modes?  These are these very annoying jumps that occur at random places in the video clip where it jumps one frame back and then continues from there.  This phenomenon is not observed with the 7D for example.  If this "hick-up" issue could be fixed, this would allow the 100D to record short video clips with a very high quality at resolutions up to 2520x1080, (tested already).  Very often, especially when filming travel videos, this is necessary for landscapes, architecture or scenes with a lot of fine detail.  They simply look gorgeous when shot with the 100D at those resolutions.

2) Now that we have sound with the 8...11-bit and 12-bit lossless modes working continuously and synchronously at 1728x972 resolution and 24 fps, is it possible to add sound also to the 5x magnification modes where the above resolutions are possible?  This, of course, makes sense only if the "hick-up" problem is solved.

3) Right now, in-camera playback of 10 and 12-bit uncompressed MLV files is not possible.  This yields a black screen with the frame counter working.  I believe, this has something to do with the raw-tweak module not working properly.  Is a fix of that module for the 100D possible?
===================

For me personally, the small, 400 grams heavy 100D is a "dream come true" for travel videography, especially after the latest developments.  It is now very stable and all the MLV tools make it very convenient to use even at low light.  If the above three issues could be fixed, this will make this camera an extremely powerful high-mobility tool for RAW video recordings with sound - perfect for those who travel a lot. 

serek

• Just arrived
« Reply #929 on: November 15, 2017, 06:53:42 AM »
When shoting in dual ISO I have a lot of pink colour in overexposed areas ::)