This script is a joint effort from myself, Danne, g3gg0, jerrykil, daisermac. It's tested as working on Mavericks.
1. Download all of the files here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4tCJMlOYfircUtNdXVYZDJfQW8/edit?usp=sharing
2. Extract recursive0.4.command and mlv_dump.osx in the same folder
3. Double-click recursive0.4.command and type your administrator password then hit Enter. This will only need to be done once as this should place your mlv_dump.osx in the folders called by the script. mlv_dump will seem to disappear but it's just moved to usr/bin. NOTE: If you get permission errors, use Terminal to go to the folder you extracted files from step #2, and write chmod +rxw recursive0.4.command - this will give all permissions needed)
4. Place your .mlv files in same folder as recursive0.4.command and double-click which should start converting the files to folders. The MLV files will move to the folder with a corresponding name, and you'll have the .DNGs, a .WAV, a .IDX, and a .TXT (for metadata).
Tested with the latest build of mlv_dump.osx, mlv_rec and mlv_snd from 1/11/2014.::[ Feature List ]::
- Extract all MLV files in a folder to folders based on the MLV name
- Create a WAV file from the MLV file
- Export the metadata as a TXT file
- Export the Take information to a separate [filename]-take.txt file (use IME module to input information)::[ Version History ]::
0.4 - added TAKE text extraction
0.3 - added .IDX creation for proper .WAV extraction
0.2 - added FOR IN per g33go to recursively extract all MLV files in a directory
0.1 - created extraction script that only worked from the command line with minimal input