Lightroom>Media Encoder workflow

Started by vital, December 28, 2013, 03:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vital

Ive been testing out lightroom for grading footage from my 7D and I'm having problems with using media Encoder to create Prores files.

Using lightroom to process and then export back to dng results in a weird pink looking image.

Ive tried just about every combination of export settings from lightroom. I'm trying to avoid using tiffs to save space and I'd like to use media encoder to save time. I can't use Apple Compressor with dng sequences because it doe not recognise the changes made in lightroom.

Also when using ACR via photoshop to process a sequence, I can't get media encoder to recognise that sequence at all. The pop says 'The source file does not have any importable content.

The process I have used in photoshop is

RAW MAGIC > DNG > OPEN SEQUENCE IN PHOTOSHOP ACR DIALOG > ADJUST IMAGE > SELECT ALL & SYNCRONISE > SAVE FILES AS 16BIT DNG.

All software is latest versions. Any ideas if I am missing something basic?

Thanks in advance.

vital

Ive been doing some more reading. The pink cast is a known problem that adobe might do something about one day maybe.

For me, when fixed this could be a really fast workflow getting prores files into fcpx with the benefits of using ACR. No noise reduction in resolve light is a pain.

Still can't work out why photoshop (ACR) edited dng sequences won't open at all in media encoder.

Looks like its tiffs for now.