CeroNoice - HDR tool inspired from ZeroNoise

Started by a1ex, December 15, 2013, 04:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canon eos m

Hi Alex,

Tried to convert with CeroNoise. Black level (shadows) improved magically but pink patches in the upper middle portion of the picture.

Camera 5DM3
Format MLV
Converted with raw2cdng
Denoise with CeroNoise from OP
Sample File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/er72reml99a3atl/out.dng?dl=0

Another request: CN will not allow processing of more than 10 files in one go. Could this be increased? Not sure but better to ask :)

Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

a1ex

Looks like some white level issue; if you have the input DNGs, I can take a look.

Don't remember about any limit on number of files, but I'm not sure why you need more than 10 images. This is not a general image stacking algorithm - it only does a dumb copying of the brightest pixels from each image. There are a lot of stacking programs, widely used in astrophotography.

Just found another program that seems to use the same algorithm: http://jcelaya.github.io/hdrmerge/

I didn't try it, but I should probably stop reinventing the wheel :P

mWaltari

Hello Alex,

How do you use 32 Floats for the CeroNoise?

Are you scaling/normalizing the original data 16bit int -> directly to the Float or are you scaling it to some other value range.

(White and Black level values in this code in 32bit Float)

Just pondering to do some hobby code for the Image prosessign with floats and All pointers are more than welcome ;)

.-Tee-.

a1ex

IIRC I'm scaling them to 0-65535, but for some reason they ended up as 0-131072.

Didn't try to debug this.

Canon eos m

Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

a1ex

If you really used that DNG as input, and got the truck as output, you should really check your hard drive (time to restore your backups?)

Canon eos m

a1ex

You have used only one input file? You need at least two (with different exposure).

Canon eos m

Quote from: a1ex on October 29, 2014, 02:32:36 PM
You have used only one input file? You need at least two (with different exposure).

???

Let me go through the thread again .. missed the point completely  ???

garry23

Canon eos m

Thanks Alex ....
Gary ... Will certainly try your workflow

assaft

Thanks for the great efforts in developing and supporting this tool!

Just a small question - did anyone find a way to open DNG files in 32bit mode in Lightroom (exp. slider ranging from -10ev to +10ev)? Is there a tag or anything like that in the DNG file that needs to be set for Lightroom to open the file in 32bit mode?

I know about the trick of using dng_validate to convert the DNG to TIFF 32bit and it works nicely but I'm trying to avoid the big TIFF files and the more limited control over WB.

I tried to open DNG 32bit files created by HDRMerge and by PhotoAcute; same result - Lightroom opens them in 16bit so they have to be converted to TIFF 32bit before importing.

cedricb

@a1ex: do you have the link for the latest source code and all the patches required so I can compile it for Linux (Fefora) ?  ...is your ufraw patch against the latest version?
...do you have a make file or something similar? 8)

a1ex

Yes, the link is in this thread.

My ufraw patches are here (complete repository): www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9597

cedricb

QuoteHere's the source, but building it requires some serious patching of ML DNG code (to add floating point support).

CeroNoice.c

From what I remember, you need to upgrade to DNG 1.4, remove the bad pixel opcodes, and tag the file as floating point. Building it with 16-bit integer output should be easier, but the dynamic range is very limited (only useful for those cases where dual iso is enough).

...do I need some serious patches to enable 32bits?  :-X

eliz

Quote from: a1exAfter having some trouble getting ZeroNoise working
The Zeronoise v1.1 start only if the computer date is set to year 2011. I don't know why Guillermo made it like this. You can use this small utility to run it
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/run_as_date.html
i use Dec 2011 and it's working

Will be nice if Guillermo make this program open source, this is a great tool
@later edit: it seems image blending code is already open source:
http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=17775.msg200353#msg200353

josepvm

Quote from: eliz on April 28, 2015, 10:59:41 AM
The Zeronoise v1.1 start only if the computer date is set to year 2011. I don't know why Guillermo made it like this. You can use this small utility to run it
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/run_as_date.html
i use Dec 2011 and it's working

Zeronoise for Linux (port by Juanma Font, available here: http://zeronoiseforlinux.blogspot.com.es/ ) works just fine for me on Ubuntu.

markanini

I tried running on a set of S90 CR2's and got this error:

Input file     : C:\Users\Barack Obama\Desktop\zero noise\IMG_1076.CR2
No camera model found with id 0x0
Error: RAW INFO INJECTION FAILED
Gear: Canon 600D & Magic Lantern Nightly.

markanini

Gear: Canon 600D & Magic Lantern Nightly.

josepvm

A1ex programmed CeroNoice modifying the code from cr2hdr, the utility used for processing Dual-ISO images taken with ML supported DSLR cameras. So I suppose CeroNoice may still contain the camera check code from cr2hdr and only works on images from ML supported DSLR's. Just gessing it.