MlRawViewer 1.3.3 (CDNG/MLV/RAW Viewer & Encoder, Linux/Mac/Win)

Started by baldand, December 09, 2013, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surin Dmitriy

Please add 10 12 bit support...I think most of us need to view the footage at the field.
5D3

snipeua

baldand Last Active:     August 19, 2015, 09:06:03 PM

skateshopusd

I have a problem with the program, the stripe correction is on and in the preview bad pixels disappear but when it's exported to mov or dng bad pixels are still there can you please help me?

togg

@skateshopusd This is a long lived bug, the most serious in my opinion. No way to solve it sadly. Unless someone wants to spend some time coding it out :)

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Surin Dmitriy on November 29, 2016, 12:13:49 AM
What about 10 and 12 bit support?

Quote from: Teamsleepkid on December 13, 2016, 06:01:20 AM
Mlvfs is great for going into resolve but this would still be cool to have working in 10 bit 12 bit for quick playback without having to render..

Quote from: snipeua on December 22, 2016, 09:19:56 PM
baldand Last Active:     August 19, 2015, 09:06:03 PM

Here's yet another breakthrough from @bouncyball's recent mod work w this supercharged MLVFS which then prompt @Danne to update his already incredible tool in cr2hdr.app_lj92 which now includes a working version of latest MlRawViewer to preview lossless MLV's.

You read that right, guys. So because of that there's good news. The news you guys have been waiting for.

Here's a current working copy of the newly morphed MlRawViewer 1.4.3 (basically the same as what it was previously but w the new mlv_dump) for those who don't know how to replace it under package content:
https://bitbucket.org/DeafEyeJedi/magic-lantern/downloads/MlRawViewer_lj92.zip

Enjoy and happy shooting!

Credit also goes out to @martinhering, @g3gg0 and everyone else on board for making this possible sooner rather than later.  :)

p.s. @baldand -- Hope you're reading this with all smiles that your work has been revived once again!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

domasa

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on April 26, 2017, 07:56:56 PM
Here's a current working copy of the newly morphed MlRawViewer 1.4.3:
https://bitbucket.org/DeafEyeJedi/magic-lantern/downloads/MlRawViewer_lj92.zip
Can you share newly version (supported 12-bit lossless compresion) for Windows, please?

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: domasa on April 26, 2017, 10:31:53 PM
Can you share newly version (supported 12-bit lossless compresion) for Windows, please?

Can you just download the latest mlv_dump from experimental page (not sure if it's the same tho): https://builds.magiclantern.fm/jenkins/job/crop_rec_4k/19/artifact/modules/mlv_rec/mlv_dump.exe

and replace it with the mlv_dump that's inside the package content within MLRV?

Sorry wish I could be more of help in here but hopefully a Windows user will come on board and confirm this.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Roberto Mena

Just wanted to give a quick thank you to this group, I love this app and everything involved with ML. You guys rock to do all this and for free, you guys are a cinematic godsend. Thank you.

extremelypoorfilmaker

I humbly ask if there is a windows version of mlRawViewer 1.4.3 or if are there any other programs to convert 12 bit and 14lossless mlv files for windows.
I seem to be struggling to find some.

Thanks a lot! :)

extremelypoorfilmaker

@Danne

Thanks a lot for helping out! :) Just to help clear my mind, the mlv_dump I downloaded from the link you provided, in order to make it work I have to run in using command prompt on windows, correct? (I am using windows 7 pro) Otherwise can I simply drag and drop my files onto it?

Thanks a lot, and I apologize if my question is a repetitive one.

Danne

eraizgn

Yes, mlv_dump is working on window but we need to preview section for watching the shoot before convert thats why mlraw MLRawViewer or cDNG 1.7.9 need to be updated

eraizgn

domasa

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on April 27, 2017, 08:11:47 AM
Can you just download the latest mlv_dump from experimental page (not sure if it's the same tho): https://builds.magiclantern.fm/jenkins/job/crop_rec_4k/19/artifact/modules/mlv_rec/mlv_dump.exe

and replace it with the mlv_dump that's inside the package content within MLRV?

Sorry wish I could be more of help in here but hopefully a Windows user will come on board and confirm this.

MlRawViewer (windows version) does not contains mlv_dump.exe.

reddeercity

Here the source , if someone what to contribute --look at updating to uncompressed raw (Lossless) https://bitbucket.org/baldand/mlrawviewer/src

bouncyball

Just one note:

It's a mix of OpenGL shaders and C, glued together by python, without any useful comment in the source code.

Good luck! :P

Roberto Mena

This has never happened to me with the mlrawviewer app; which I love, but recently when I renamed some MLV files I shot with my 7D and converted them to DNG files about 30 seconds of time was cut off at the end of each clip. But when if I convert my MLV files without renaming them into DNG files they are fine and the last 30 seconds of the clip remain. Anyone know why this is happening now and how to fix it? I'd like my MLV and DNG files to be named the same to archive and keep track of them a lot easier.

the associate

Jusy wondering if MLRawViewer can 2x2 chroma-smooth dngs during the conversion process. If so, how does one make it do this?

Licaon_Kter

Quote from: the associate on July 19, 2017, 05:16:23 AM
Jusy wondering if MLRawViewer can 2x2 chroma-smooth dngs during the conversion process. If so, how does one make it do this?
Any reason you did not switch to MLVFS yet? http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13152.0;topicseen

the associate

Quote from: Licaon_Kter on July 19, 2017, 11:13:58 AM
Any reason you did not switch to MLVFS yet? http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13152.0;topicseen

Yes, actually. I haven't been able to compile the source code to use with linux. Not familiar enough with terminal to generate MAKE commands. Got as far as installing FUSE and unzipping the MLVFS master folder in my downloads folder. That's it. Would love if someone would share a step-by-step of the actual terminal commands they typed to get MLVFS up and running in ubuntu 17.04. As I mentioned in a separate thread, I'm pretty good at substituting my own values in existing commands to navigate my way around terminal, but I'm just not far along enough yet to generate entire commands from scratch. Embarrassing, I know, but it's where I am.  Would appreciate any guidance anyone could give me. Licaon_Kter: Do you use the Linux version of MLVFS by any chance?  :  )

Licaon_Kter

Quote from: the associate on July 19, 2017, 04:07:43 PMDo you use the Linux version of MLVFS by any chance?  :  )
I have it compiled (in the past) but I'm not up to date.
I'll update the source and try to note the steps. ;)

dmilligan

the associate

Quote from: dmilligan on July 19, 2017, 04:27:10 PM
I did reply in the other thread

dmilligan: Hadn't seen your post in the other thread before writing my previous message. Mea Culpa. Thanks much for taking the time to post your command lines. Huge help.

So, have managed to get MLVFS installed in Ubuntu 17.04. Now trying to figure out how to run it.  My browser won't open the gui at <http://localhost:8000/>, and I'm not sure what the instructions mean by "specifiy the f switch." Again am a total newb at using terminal to run programs, but once I figure it out, I'll be fine.

Anywho, thanks again for helping me to get the program installed. I really appreciate it.

Prokopios

Hi,
                When you preview the MLV files in the viewer depending on the type of Log you choose, the result of the export either DNG or ApProRes is quite different from what you see in the viewer of MLRawViewer. In the viewer you get a really cinematic picture but the export looks nothing like the picture in the viewer. Here are 2 snapshots if you don't mind taking a look. I am using version MlRawViewer_1_3_3_win32.

You can clearly see the difference. Is this how it is supposed to work?? I have read the forum but can't find anything about this issue. Can you help me out at all with this problem. Maybe because the DNG that are exported are compressed? Perhaps it would help if we could export CDNG's