MlRawViewer 1.3.3 (CDNG/MLV/RAW Viewer & Encoder, Linux/Mac/Win)

Started by baldand, December 09, 2013, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swinxx

hdclip

Hello Baland!!!! I have this problem when i apply Srgb and Rec709 curve...there are points yellow and blue in movement in the frame, in this picture is not very apparent but when I play the footage is very visual...I have 7d camera with the last build 24/05/2014, windows 7 and nvidia geforce gtx295 graphic´s

Thank´s!!!!!!!!

Canon 7D Sandisk Extreme 60MB/seg, Lexar 32Gb X1000

baldand

Quote from: hdclip on May 28, 2014, 04:47:29 PM
Hello Baland!!!! I have this problem when i apply Srgb and Rec709 curve...there are points yellow and blue in movement in the frame, in this picture is not very apparent but when I play the footage is very visual...I have 7d camera with the last build 24/05/2014, windows 7 and nvidia geforce gtx295 graphic´s

Thank´s!!!!!!!!

Which version of MlRawViewer? Linear and HDR modes look ok?

It sounds like it might be a GPU issue. Make sure you have the latest NVIDIA drivers you can get.

hdclip

Quote from: baldand on May 28, 2014, 04:57:13 PM
Which version of MlRawViewer? Linear and HDR modes look ok?

It sounds like it might be a GPU issue. Make sure you have the latest NVIDIA drivers you can get.

Hello!!!!is the last version of MLRAWviewer 1.1.6 and with HDR work´s fine...I dont use the linear curve.I try the Rec709 and Srgb curves.I like very much the Srgb curve.
I change the graphic card and it make´s the same issue.

Thankyou very much and congratulation´s for the software, is very very very very nice!!!!!! ;)

baldand

swinxx

perfect. so i hope it will help.. greets
is there a possibility to implement stripe correction into cpu mode? thx

swinxx

i am just testing the new 0 key gpu function with one mlv file from a nightly build from january17.
when i try to change wb after i pressed zero the shot is tinted green, when i press zero again and change wb it looks good but can not be changed?
how can i now check if gpu is activated?
thx

djefaivre

Hi Thomas

I bought RawMagic 1.1 and tried to use it for a shooting I had last weekend. I shot with 7D in the legacy .raw format (I find it more stable and had no need for sound). This is the issue I came across : when converting spanned files, Rawmagic converted the images of the R00 R01 etc parts in totally black dng's. So my DNG sequences only had the images of the .RAW part and then it was filled with black...

I tried converting with rawmagic lite (1.1), and didn't had this problem : I got all the DNG of the R0* parts wright.

Did you notice this issue before ? Will it be fixed in the next version of RawMagic ?

baldand

Quote from: swinxx on May 28, 2014, 10:38:26 PM
perfect. so i hope it will help.. greets
is there a possibility to implement stripe correction into cpu mode? thx

It already is. When it's switched on and you do a MOV export (which uses CPU demosaicing), the stripe correction is used.

It's also used when exporting DNGs.

Quote from: swinxx on May 29, 2014, 12:06:45 AM
i am just testing the new 0 key gpu function with one mlv file from a nightly build from january17.
when i try to change wb after i pressed zero the shot is tinted green, when i press zero again and change wb it looks good but can not be changed?
how can i now check if gpu is activated?
thx

Confirmed, it's a bug. As a workaround, do the white balance with the preprocessing turned off, then switch it on. I'll fix in the next release. Sorry about that!

baldand

Quote from: djefaivre on May 29, 2014, 09:26:13 AM
Hi Thomas

I bought RawMagic 1.1 and tried to use it for a shooting I had last weekend. I shot with 7D in the legacy .raw format (I find it more stable and had no need for sound). This is the issue I came across : when converting spanned files, Rawmagic converted the images of the R00 R01 etc parts in totally black dng's. So my DNG sequences only had the images of the .RAW part and then it was filled with black...

I tried converting with rawmagic lite (1.1), and didn't had this problem : I got all the DNG of the R0* parts wright.

Did you notice this issue before ? Will it be fixed in the next version of RawMagic ?

Hi. I'm afraid you are in the wrong thread. You probably meant to post to the RawMagic thread: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6218.0

However, while you are here in the MlRawViewer thread, you might be interested to try out MlRawViewer 1.1.6, which works on Mac, supports batch processing of multi part RAW files to CDNG sequences, and is free ;)  http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9560.msg91165#msg91165

swinxx

hi baland.
sorry to ask again but i have a lack of understanding..

so how can i turn on off the stripes correction?
is it turned on off with the zero key - cause if this is the case, when i turn off gpu the stripes correction is also turned of, no?

thx for your effort and time.
re

baldand

Quote from: swinxx on May 29, 2014, 01:59:36 PM
hi baland.
sorry to ask again but i have a lack of understanding..

so how can i turn on off the stripes correction?
is it turned on off with the zero key - cause if this is the case, when i turn off gpu the stripes correction is also turned of, no?

thx for your effort and time.
re

Don't worry about the GPU. Everything in MlRawViewer uses the GPU (with the exception of the higher quality demosaicing).

The zero key only turns on (at first) then off (if it is on) the extra processing to remove stripes & bad pixels.

baldand

@Johannes & @hdclip

I've made a bug report for your coloured spots problem here: https://bitbucket.org/baldand/mlrawviewer/issue/72/coloured-spots-in-mov-exports-with-114-115

Please add there all additional information you can to help me track down the cause of the problem. Thanks!

swinxx

hello baland..

alright, thank you
so, can you ( in a further release) give us a hint if the correction is turned on or off..  cause now i only can guess.

thx.

baldand

Quote from: swinxx on May 29, 2014, 05:56:51 PM
hello baland..

alright, thank you
so, can you ( in a further release) give us a hint if the correction is turned on or off..  cause now i only can guess.

thx.

Yes I will add a state icon that also toggles it. Just wanted to get feedback on it first (hence calling it "experimental").

Though if you can only guess if its on, that might be a bad sign that it's not actually working well for you? Do you see the (vertical) stripes go away or not?

toniox

Hi Baldand. This is great news for Canon EOS M user, it remove pink dots nicely, but it is still visible if you watch carefully. I've test on two MLV of 160 frames, it remove pink dots after the 30 first frames.
Canon EOS-M, Canon 7d, Canon 550D. 18-55mm EFM, 24-105 L, 50 1.8 II, 22 f2 EFM, Fujian 25, 35, 50 c-mount.

swinxx

no, but i see no stripes at all :)

what i see is some pink and greenish dots (depends on the shot) when zero is pressed.. don´t know if it has something to do with wb issue..
greets.

hdclip

swinxx

ah i found a clip with stripes - stripes correction with zero key seems to work well

baldand

Quote from: toniox on May 29, 2014, 06:27:25 PM
Hi Baldand. This is great news for Canon EOS M user, it remove pink dots nicely, but it is still visible if you watch carefully. I've test on two MLV of 160 frames, it remove pink dots after the 30 first frames.

Thanks for testing this out. You could also try some test shots where the camera is moved or the content changes quite much - it's possible the pink dots are detected better in that case.

It would be great if you could share a few test MLV files with me so I could develop it further.

chmee

[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

hdclip

MA Visuals

Quote from: hdclip on May 28, 2014, 04:47:29 PM

I get the same exact thing as hdclip has reported.  Both the sRGB and Rec709 export to MOV have blue blotches (with some green blotches) in the dark areas with every clip I tested.  Highlights seem ok.   LOG, Linear, HDR export fine.  The clips were shot with the latest nightly build for 5D3 using MLV.   I had already downloaded the latest NVIDIA drivers.    I also tried the use the experimental 0 key prior to export and the issue remains either way. 

I can provide an MLV file that shows the issue if it helps... just let me know how you need me to send it to you.

hdclip

Quote from: MA Visuals on May 30, 2014, 07:23:34 AM
I get the same exact thing as hdclip has reported.  Both the sRGB and Rec709 export to MOV have blue blotches (with some green blotches) in the dark areas with every clip I tested.  Highlights seem ok.   LOG, Linear, HDR export fine.  The clips were shot with the latest nightly build for 5D3 using MLV.   I had already downloaded the latest NVIDIA drivers.    I also tried the use the experimental 0 key prior to export and the issue remains either way. 

I can provide an MLV file that shows the issue if it helps... just let me know how you need me to send it to you.

Maybe Nvidia geforce problem????
Nice Parrot!!!! ;)

GooD

Quote from: optik on May 19, 2014, 07:22:21 PM
Hi Baland

Here is my issue, I some how lost functionality on export I've been using MlRawViewer since the first version and always use the E key to export I understand the new changes that were made in
MlRawViewer 1.1.5 like making sure to click the red button then press the E for export and it was working fine for about 10-15 few clips but now I get no response when trying it out any suggestions would be awesome. Ive re-downloaded MlRawViewer older 1.1.4 and get the same thing  :-\

Anyone  :-[

I have the same issue:(