MlRawViewer 1.3.3 (CDNG/MLV/RAW Viewer & Encoder, Linux/Mac/Win)

Started by baldand, December 09, 2013, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baldand

Quote from: Markus on February 11, 2014, 08:17:31 PM
Extremly good viewer! I'm only missing a Fullscreen mode. You can maximize the window but fullscreen would be nicer. I would vote for Ctrl+f to toggle as in resolve   :D.

/Cheers!

Pressing TAB key should toggle between full and windowed mode on all platforms.

On Mac, there is also the Fullscreen icon at the top right of the window frame which might work better.

aace

Quote from: Markus on February 11, 2014, 08:17:31 PM
Extremly good viewer! I'm only missing a Fullscreen mode. You can maximize the window but fullscreen would be nicer. I would vote for Ctrl+f to toggle as in resolve   :D.

/Cheers!

Hit the TAB key to toggle full screen. All the shortcut key functions are on the first page.

Markus

aace: I did actually look for that on the first page. And now that you say It's there I still cant find it? Am i blind or is the shortcut for fullscreen missing?

aace

Quote from: Markus on February 12, 2014, 05:29:11 AM
aace: I did actually look for that on the first page. And now that you say It's there I still cant find it? Am i blind or is the shortcut for fullscreen missing?

You're right brother. Check the main site here: https://bitbucket.org/baldand/mlrawviewer

baldand

Quote from: Markus on February 12, 2014, 05:29:11 AM

Good find, thanks! I added a "TAB for fullscreen" line now to the top post.

BTW there is also now a freenode IRC channel for questions: #mlrawviewer

katerlouis

Sorry to bother again guys, but now I'm on my Mac again and with the newest version (TAB Fullscreen is workin) I still can't switch clips with O / P.

So I kindly ask again: is this just me, do I have to set some settings or is this feature currently not workin? :)

kl

ItsMeLenny

Quote from: katerlouis on February 13, 2014, 02:45:38 PM
So I kindly ask again: is this just me, do I have to set some settings or is this feature currently not workin? :)

Wasn't working for me either last time I tried. And that's on Gnu/Linux with the latest source.

naturalsound

Hi everybody,

first of all: Great tool!! I never even dreamed of being able to preview MLV on my old Thinkpad T400 in realtime.

unfortunately I encountered a little but annoying problem:
This happens after closing the viewer (clicking the red cross on Windows or using ESC-key). When I afterwards drop another MLV onto the .exe the window appears, but is black. RAM usage increases and after about 10sec mlrawviewer closes.
If I drop the file again, it will be played without problems.

I noticed when I double click the .exe between each MLV (of course producing an error in the log) the next MLV I drop will be played without issues.
Surprisingly the black window problem does not create an entry inside the error log.
This happens on an ATI MobilityRadeon Maybe the OpenCL / OpenGL is not shut down cleanly??

Another very little issue: I notice pink bars of about 10 pixels at the right and bottom edge of the footage during playback. I haven't seen them on my desktop PC with NVIDIA GPU ( but I will double check).

baldand

Quote from: naturalsound on February 16, 2014, 04:34:07 PM
This happens after closing the viewer (clicking the red cross on Windows or using ESC-key). When I afterwards drop another MLV onto the .exe the window appears, but is black. RAM usage increases and after about 10sec mlrawviewer closes.
If I drop the file again, it will be played without problems.

I noticed when I double click the .exe between each MLV (of course producing an error in the log) the next MLV I drop will be played without issues.
Surprisingly the black window problem does not create an entry inside the error log.
This happens on an ATI MobilityRadeon Maybe the OpenCL / OpenGL is not shut down cleanly??

Hard to know what's happening here. Can you check with the Windows task manager if the task has really shut down after the first time you closed it?

Might be worth trying to update your OpenGL/graphics card drivers if that's in any way possible.

naturalsound

Thanks for the quick reply.

mlrawviewer is running as 2 threads. Both close when I hit ESC.
I am currently downloading the newest driver ...was really surprised that my current one is more than one year old. I will update this post with my results.

UPDATE:
- newest ATI driver installed: Still a pink frame and still the black window.
- I noticed that the black window does not appear when I drop the same MLV file on mlrawviewer again. It only happens with different files. Btw I have version 1.0.4 _alpha32 from the .zip as I can not build it on my own from the repository.

DavidSh

Just Used it on my Mac.
Great tool!
Easy to install, easy to use, work fast, great video quality And it rendered to prores with E key on the fly.
Thank you so much.
600D | 5D3 | macOS Sierra | http://www.GentleDogMovie.com

llirik

Quote from: baldand on January 31, 2014, 10:04:23 PM
Anyway, in theory mlrawviewer should be able to play that combination, though you probably need to launch it from the command line giving the directory for the DNGs followed by the full path to the WAV file.

How would I do this on the mac?

baldand

Quote from: llirik on February 21, 2014, 01:58:39 PM
How would I do this on the mac?

Open a terminal, and go into the /Applications folder, and from there into the MlRawViewer.app directory to find the mlrawviewer binary (it's in a subdirectory).

Then launch it with (replacing the path names...):

./mlrawviewer /path/to/CDNG/directory /optional/path/to/audio.wav

(In case the paths have spaces in, put quotes around them, e.g. "/path/to/dir with spaces/")

llirik

Quote from: baldand on February 21, 2014, 04:30:35 PM
Open a terminal, and go into the /Applications folder, and from there into the MlRawViewer.app directory to find the mlrawviewer binary (it's in a subdirectory).

Then launch it with (replacing the path names...):

./mlrawviewer /path/to/CDNG/directory /optional/path/to/audio.wav

(In case the paths have spaces in, put quotes around them, e.g. "/path/to/dir with spaces/")

not working. i don't know terminal too well though, so may be missing obvious steps.

is there a guide anywhere on how to do this? getting the wav out of the .MLV is easy enough (tho its one at a time... no batch options?)... but i still need the DNGs, instead of a prores file.

baldand

Quote from: llirik on February 21, 2014, 08:29:07 PM
not working. i don't know terminal too well though, so may be missing obvious steps.

is there a guide anywhere on how to do this? getting the wav out of the .MLV is easy enough (tho its one at a time... no batch options?)... but i still need the DNGs, instead of a prores file.

Hold on, are you trying to play DNGs, or extract DNGs from your MLV?

MlRawViewer can play CDNG (though it's not well integrated on Mac yet). It can't yet extract them but there are other tools that can - mainly mlv_dump.

llirik

Quote from: baldand on February 21, 2014, 09:21:35 PM
Hold on, are you trying to play DNGs, or extract DNGs from your MLV?

MlRawViewer can play CDNG (though it's not well integrated on Mac yet). It can't yet extract them but there are other tools that can - mainly mlv_dump.
ah, yes. found thread on MLV converter.

thanks!

naturalsound

Hi baldand,

I've seen a lot of changes in your bitbucket repo since 1.0.4. Do you have any plans to compile a new build in near future?

pilgrim

Quote from: naturalsound on February 25, 2014, 10:00:53 PM
Hi baldand,

I've seen a lot of changes in your bitbucket repo since 1.0.4. Do you have any plans to compile a new build in near future?

Hi baldand !
Yes, I wait and check this thread regularly but still the version 1.0.4 32bit.exe . Unfortunately I don't know how to compile.
It will be nice if moving to 64 bit or with the GUI even if not perfect, I am ready to give feed back or close my mouth  :-X   or even still 32 bit but fix the last bug.
By the way, thank baldand; it's very good tool. I use in win7 an Mavericks.

ItsMeLenny

The changes probably aren't significant enough as of yet.
As in it seems there are some new features, but it's not enough to warrant the process of compiling for mac and windows :P

naturalsound

I see! It indeed is not straightforward to run the new version from source under windows. I doubt I will manage to do it, so I have to wait for the 1.0.5  :-X

baldand

Hi baldand,

Yes.

Quote from: pilgrim on February 25, 2014, 10:54:20 PM
Hi baldand !
It will be nice if moving to 64 bit or with the GUI even if not perfect, I am ready to give feed back or close my mouth  :-X   or even still 32 bit but fix the last bug.

A better GUI will be the next major improvement. It is already implemented in bitbucket.
But is there some reason why you need a 64bit build for Windows? The program is not so memory hungry that it would benefit much, and performance is mostly depending on your GPU.

I hope to make a 1.1.0 binary release for Mac and Windows during next week with the code that is in bitbucket now. I have problems with the Mac build though, so I need to work out those first.

Main features:
- Progress bar can be clicked to jump in the file
- Clickable icons for play/pause, fullscreen, quality, colour mapping, drop frames
- Brightness control
- Colour balance control

Bug fixes:
- Next/prev file (O/P) should be more robust and not mix up the audio
- Audio can be shifted freely for resyncing

arrinkiiii

That is Good news. Thanks for the good and sharing  work. If possible please put some option for upload mlv file for make the subtractive black frame  :D

ouuzi