BarracudaGUI for cr2hdr dual iso raw post-processing (Windows XP/7/8)

Started by sepa, October 30, 2013, 07:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sepa

a1ex

A suggestion that I made in the LR plugin thread, but could be useful here too:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11056.msg111410#msg111410

Since some command-line options change fairly often, it may be a good idea to parse the help text (when you run cr2hdr without any arguments) and generate the GUI widgets (checkboxes) according to it. Or, if this is too difficult to program, just display the help in a message box.

szDE

Quote from: sepa on May 07, 2014, 08:35:27 PM
File->Settings

Thanks! I would have never spotted it myself. Perhaps because it's a lonely "File" which is positioned below the splash screen with no indication of being a menu or a button. It might be a user experience issue or just my blindness ;-)

sepa

Quote from: a1ex on May 08, 2014, 01:55:34 PM
A suggestion that I made in the LR plugin thread, but could be useful here too:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11056.msg111410#msg111410

Since some command-line options change fairly often, it may be a good idea to parse the help text (when you run cr2hdr without any arguments) and generate the GUI widgets (checkboxes) according to it. Or, if this is too difficult to program, just display the help in a message box.

Useful - implemented  :)

Update to Version 0.3.5.0 See first post for details.

Audionut

Feature request:  DNG input.

Currently, it's impossible to process DNG output from MLV.

a1ex

sepa

Quick workaround for current version of BarracudaGUI: drag&drop dng files into the queue list.

Next build comes with:
# dng extension support via "Add" dialog and import parameter.
# optimized parsing of commandline parameters

Any additional suggestions?

Audionut

Thanks sepa (and a1ex).

Quote from: Audionut on April 30, 2014, 03:48:07 PM
cr2hdr now contains a command option that matches the white level for all images processed, in a single command line.  --same-levels
Is it possible to provide an option, whereby, all selected images are parsed to the same command line?

This might require some significant refactoring of your app.  If so, it might actually be better to do this directly via exiftool somehow.

Ottoga

Hi,

On my W8 pc running v0.3.5.0 of BarracudaGUI, the application hangs (no error messages).

Original content of this post deleted as I found out what the problem was. i.e.: the input file path cannot have spaces or the exiftools background processes hang.

Can the script be changed to pass the file paths wrapped in quotes?  This should eliminate the problem.

Cheers... Otto
EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

efbiaye

OK, I am lost. I know the parametrs boxes are generated dynamically, but I don't see any checkboxes now. I use the build listed in the 1st post of  cr2hdr thread.
Any help?

efbiaye

To asnwer my own question. I had to download a different version of CR2HDR, then the checkboxes appeared  :)

matteo65

On my Windows7 pc running v0.3.5.0 of BarracudaGUI when I use  "--compress" or "--compress-lossy" option I got an error message, (DNG not found!) and the CR2 files are copied into the destination folder without converting them to DNG.

Without the compress options everything works well, and after this I can manually compress the DNGs with
Adobe DNG Converter.exe - only the automatic setting is not working.

arcadio

after processing "Img_0330.cr2" returned only "IMG_0330.ppm" .... processing didnt start

- Win7
- Baracuda extracted from zip
- no BarracudaGUI.ini
- cr2hdr.exe drag&drop conversion is working

(also it is hard to find settings. File>Settings is not obvious)

Ottoga

How do you get the BarracudaGUI settings dioalogue box to appear as in the first post or has it been done away with?

Sorry, found it.
EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

RobFlanders

Thanks for this Sepa, I've added this to my workflow. Kudos to you Sir.

Myxir

EOS 1100D
18-55mm/3.5-5.6 IS II | 55-250mm/4-5,6 IS II | 40mm/2,8 Pancake
Metz MB 24 AF-1

brucesdad13

Thank you so much for Barracuda GUI! ML plus Dual ISO plus Barracuda has really blown my socks off! ~ Charlie

IBIRRU

Very useful GUI guys! :)
Simple and complete.

Could you do the same for mlv_dump?

Cheers
EOS 700D 1.1.5, EOS 500D

Myxir

Hi.

The is a extremely strange issue. My barracuda gui installation just disappered. When I try to download barracudagui 0.3.5.0 setup.exe, it's automaticly deleted?! I deactivated my anti virus, but I still can't use it. wtf? :(

Edit: Blame norton. It says the exe is not safe and deleted it. (but said nothing about that!)
EOS 1100D
18-55mm/3.5-5.6 IS II | 55-250mm/4-5,6 IS II | 40mm/2,8 Pancake
Metz MB 24 AF-1

feureau

Hi, I was using Barracuda GUI and I was having issues when using amaze-edge and cs5x5. As it turns out, it looks like it's having issues with the latest version of exiftool since it gets stuck on that step. If I turn of all options it exports just fine.

I had to dig out an old version of exif tool from 2013 and it works perfectly.

ibrahim

Does this software convert dual iso DNG that have been converted from MLV to cDNG by raw2cdng for instance. I am looking for a solution for video not images in win 7.
Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600

toprak

first of all thank you sepa for your work. It's amazing :)

I got the latest version of BarracudaGUI 0.3.5.0 and it turns on Wine under Ubuntu Studio 16.04 64 bits and using dual_ISO files from a 5dm2.

I made two installations on my two pc's with two erreurs that I would like to repair.

1. path to .exe program
2. path to the destination folder

First I wanted to ininstall and reinstall to make a fresh .ini that didn't work.
Can you please tell me how to change these paths or make a fresh install.

Thanks.

dpt90

Hey guys!

Dont want to feel like im bringing up old news.... but I was wondering if someone can help me... I'm on a 5D Miii. Latest nightly build.

I'm Using Dual ISO with Raw video. This is what happens when I dump in DNG files I get using MLRawViewer 1.3.3 to preview and extract the files. Is there a better way of doing it?

It's showing errors, but it's doing the job.....however the ISO values it is using are incorrect from the looks of those lines (800/200).

The ISO I use was 800 and the recovery ISO I used was 3200.

vstrglv

Why there is a dimension increasing from CR2 to DNG? 5760 X3840 for CR2 and 5796X3870 for DNG!
Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.