"Island Of The Hills" -- ML RAW + Infrared Converted 60D

Started by cmfilm331, October 27, 2013, 04:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmfilm331

Hello all,

Here's a quick video I put together of some footage I shot on my Canon 60D, converted to IR, running the latest nightly build.  Pretty awesome having a infrared video camera that can shoot RAW video that fits in my messenger bag.  The footage admittedly is pretty soft, but personally, I think that suits the sort of dreamy look black and white infrared produces.

Intro shot on 5D Mk. II in RAW to mix in a little color -- everything else after shot on a 715-nm converted Canon 60D running ML.  Walking timelapse shots were shots as longer exposures to enhance blur and minimize walking jitter.  I mixed in a few slider time-lapse shots as well, but the majority of everything else is just handheld RAW footage with a 24-105mm F4 L IS lens at max resolution for 2.35 ratio.  I used the VAF-60D anti-aliasing filter for portions of the IR footage, which definitely helped with moire, but then it got cracked during an installation a day or two in, so unfortunately there is still a lot of Moire strewn about in the footage.

evanbuzzell

dude how has no one commented on this? that was awesome!

do you notice a huge different with the IR vs just going black and white? any link to your conversion?