Corrupted clip. Anything I can try?

Started by Erik Caretta, October 18, 2013, 07:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik Caretta

Hi everybody,

Last week we had a great and quite long shooting with 5Dm3+ML: everything was great, on 590 clips only few errors.
Unfortunately one of the only 2 corrupted clips is quite important, so I would like to ask if I can do anything to be 100% sure the file is not usable.

I'm using Batchelor with raw2dng to convert the raw files, and when it starts converting that clip I see "converting frame 1 of -613843513" and then it starts saving frames of 1.45GB each. Of course I can't open these files in any software.
My suspect is that the problem should be in the header: since the file is quite similar in size to the other takes, and I can have the jpg thumbnail in Batchelor too ,I guess the data are fine, at least some frames.

Do you think it's possible to "rewrite" or fix in some way the header?

RenatoPhoto

http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

Erik Caretta

thank you very much for the links, I'll try and let you know if it works.

Erik Caretta

it worked, simply copied a good footer from a similar clip, changed the frame number and converted. Thank you very much