6D headphone monitoring with Sescom cable

Started by drumdave, October 14, 2013, 08:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drumdave

Since I'm brand spankin' new to Magic Lantern, I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong place, if my question has already been answered, or if my vernacular is out of touch.

Does anyone know if the headphone monitoring option in ML actually works with a Canon 6D camera? I have the latest working version of ML installed and I purchased the appropriate Sescom AV Out Headphone Monitoring Cable, but no audio comes through.

Thanks in advance.

1%

My builds have audio controls, nightly does not.

drumdave

Thanks, 1%.

So again forgive my ignorance.  When you say "my builds", I'm assuming I need to be running a different version of ML instead of the standard stable release (v2.3)?  If so, could you point me in the right direction?  Should I be looking at Alpha builds or perhaps even Source Code?

Thanks!

1%

Source code is up to date, 2.3 never ran on 6D.

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/commits/all

I would compile for up to the minute source then test it, but I did put up a few bins with controls/headphone.

drumdave

Oh wow.  I may be a little over my head with this source code thing.  I was able to follow the installation guide on magiclantern.fm for the stable release...but looking through the link you provided, I'm not really sure what to do. 

I don't want to be a nuisance, so feel free to tell me to go away.

1%

Ok, if you can't get it right now I've just uploaded a compile from today. Just overwrite what you have installed.

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads/%5B6D%5D%20Tragic.2013Oct14.6D113.zip

7D/EOSM nightly and 6D (from here) does not so I have to manually make zips.

drumdave

drumdave

Yes, it works! 

Thank you so much, 1%.  You are awesome.  Your code is awesome.  I owe you a pizza.

gbro001

Quote from: 1% on October 14, 2013, 11:20:50 PM
Ok, if you can't get it right now I've just uploaded a compile from today. Just overwrite what you have installed.

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads/%5B6D%5D%20Tragic.2013Oct14.6D113.zip

7D/EOSM nightly and 6D (from here) does not so I have to manually make zips.

1% thanks a lot for this code! it is awesome!!! Only one little thing...is it possible to correct or work around the VU meters? they are not working properly...it doesn´t show levels progressively as normal..instead it is blank until a very loud signal hits the mic...do you experience the same? thanks a lot!

1%

Old build that had that bug... most of ML had it after a fix to the meter code.

gbro001

Where can I find a build that looks like yours, but has that fix (the meters)? thnx again!

gbro001

javapop

Any further development on the 6D builds?

gbro001

Hello 1% I´m using a version of yours from january. Audio on playback doesn´t come out of headphones...instead it switches to the speaker....do you know a work around this? Do you know anything concerning audio filtering on the input? It seems that a lot of low freq is being cut on input (like a wind cut, but canon windcut is disabled)...on my 550d sound was much richer on low end...any solutions? Thnks a lot!

Cranston

Sorry, I'm a long time watcher but now a first time contributor.  I've spent the morning reading up on this and I'm still confused.

Can someone let me know if I can get audio out on my 6d using Magic Lantern/Tragic Lantern and if so, what do I plug into my camera?  USB port out?

Thanks so much

cheerrz2017

Hello 1%
Can you please explain how I should installl your build?
I'm running 1.1.6.
If i copy the ML_SETUP.FIR from my original ML directory and combine them with your download, the camera won't boot. Instead a flickering red light shows.
Shouldn't I copy this file or not?
How did  for instance, drumdave, got this to work?
A step by step how to overwrite would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks for helping out.

Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 01:37:58 AM »

Akash

Hey 1%

I really would like to use your code but cannot get it running. Camera just says no firmware update has been found and thats it.  Do I have to preinstall another built or something before using your build?

boakadu

Has this been figured out yet?  Really wanting to be able to monitor audio through the headphones on the Canon 6d.  I purchased the Sescom DSLR 550d-HOCF cable.

Please help!!!!

Thanks