Quick processing and renaming of Dual-ISO photos

Started by akumiszcza, October 09, 2013, 09:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akumiszcza

I'd like to share my quick and very dirty way to get dual iso files from CF card as fast as possible.
Normal steps are:
1. Get files from CF cards (it's a long process for me especially with USB 2.0 card reader and some slow 30MB/s cards).
2. Process them by cr2hdr (I use the script provided by engardeknave (http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8520.0) without any prefix as I get quite many dual-iso files without prefix).
3. Rename them (I use exif date based system that moves filename.cr2 into something like a:\2013\10\07\20131007T121930filename.cr2).
4. Find dual-iso .cr2s in those created dirs and move them to dualiso subdir (I want to see only generated dngs while browsing, if something goes wrong I can alway go to dualiso subdir for original).

This takes a looong time.

Here is a zip file containing cr2hdr.exe, exiftool.exe, dcraw.exe (9.19, not requiring cygwin1.dll) together with dualiso.vbs (altered script by engardeknave), commands.cmd (this calls cr2hdr.exe and changes names), and runiffiles.cmd (a loop that calls dualiso.vbs if there's any file left to process).

Now, put all those in one directory, upload all .cr2 files in the same dir and run dualiso.vbs (you can change maxprocs -- maximum number of running processes -- to different number at the beginning of dualiso.vbs). After some time you'll get all your files processed and put into different directories

Second method is even more dirty but gives you ability to run the script while getting files from the cards. Just start downloading from your card into the directory with the unzipped files and run runiffiles.cmd. The crazy script just checks constantly if there are any .cr2 files and calls dualiso.vbs then. So you can put all photos from several different cards and in the meantime the computer will process and rename them for you. You can leave the computer while moving the files and at the end everything will be done.

NOTES
THESE SCRIPTS ARE PROVIDED AS IS AND I DON'T GIVE ANY WARRANTY IF THEY WORK AND DO NOT DELETE YOUR PHOTOS, SO PLEASE TEST IT ON SOME COPIES FIRST!!!!

For Windows 9x and earlier you should probably change cmd.exe to command.com in dualiso.vbs (at the beginning)

DOWNLOAD (zip file)
http://bit.ly/dualisopack6

Version 4 (and previous) had a critical bug during renaming - mixed months with minutes. Sorry...

nigel

Gonna give it a try this weekend.

You should really get a USB 3 reader. WAAAYYYYY FASTER

akumiszcza

Not for slow cards I still use for photos, not video. And I don't have USB 3.0 in my computer, so I'd need some card additionally. Anyways, the main problems are processing time and my time spent unnecessarily at the computer just doing basic commands. These scripts try to deal with both issues.

akumiszcza

New version – http://bit.ly/dualisopack6
CHANGES:
1. dualisonorename.vbs to skip renaming files and just process them — useful for reprocessing Dual-ISO with newer cr2hdr.exe
2. New version of cr2hdr.exe included

choupique

Is there a version of for converting 6d made dual iso .CR2 specifically for mac?
thanks!