Remove Cropmarks, Verbose Status, Buffer status (raw_rec.mo)

Started by stevefal, September 08, 2013, 11:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevefal

I took a crack at solving my own issues with raw_rec cropmarks, and other on-screen stuff that gets in my way. This adds three options to the RAW video menu.

+ Cropmarks                 OFF
+ Verbose status           OFF
+ Buffer status              OFF

It also subtracts one:

- Digital dolly

With everything OFF, the only info displayed while recording is file name and running length. Everything ON is like standard raw_rec, but with the info pushed further out of the way.

This works on via HDMI with my SmallHD DP6 as well. No trashed output and no greyscale. Yay! (Playback still hangs via HDMI)

[EDIT] For 5D3, based on - 4380d31 , Oct 5 2013 . At your own risk, of course:

http://popspring.com/mldrop/raw_rec.mo
Steve Falcon

kukysimon

forgive my ignorance, to play with this, i would need to replace the olde .rec file with yours? 

if yes, let me play with it, and see how it looks on my 7,7 inch OLED smalHD..... ;)

now am i understanding this correctly that your goal is to remove the cropmark  bars?

if yes,... then its not a solution for me, for i am hoping to have cropmark bars placed correctly and not removed... on the external monitor...

correct me if i am wrong here ;)

stevefal

Yes, my goal was to remove them. Instead of the raw_rec cropmarks, I use a custom bitmap selected in the Cropmarks feature in the overlay menu.

Correct,  you would replace your raw_rec.mo with the one I posted.
Steve Falcon

stevefal

I have forked the main ML repository and pushed the source for this, at https://bitbucket.org/stevefal/magic-lantern-rawrec-cropmarks/commits/all.

I don't assume anyone wants this code, but I'm publishing it to become familiar with the process.
Steve Falcon

stevefal

The latest version (above) draws the cropmarks correctly on an external monitor. It's still just a thin border and does not mask outside the recorded frame. Also note that the digital dolly feature is disabled. Getting both working together was too complicated (for me).

This also has minimal rawrec status displays, but you can turn them on if you want them.

Tested on 5D3 and 60D against SmallHD DP6.
Steve Falcon

Jakobmen

Quote from: stevefal on September 18, 2013, 09:27:54 AM
The latest version (above) draws the cropmarks correctly on an external monitor. It's still just a thin border and does not mask outside the recorded frame. Also note that the digital dolly feature is disabled. Getting both working together was too complicated (for me).

This also has minimal rawrec status displays, but you can turn them on if you want them.

Tested on 5D3 and 60D against SmallHD DP6.

THANK YOU! for this version of raw_rec.MO  ;D
Canon 5D3

wolands

Hi, could someone please post a link to the version of ML that this works with. I tried installing the build from 18/9/2013 located at: http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/
but after trying to load this raw_rec magic lantern says 'Err' in the modules section and 'Linking failed'.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks.

stevefal

I posted a new version of rawrec that should work with today's build.
Steve Falcon

Jakobmen

Quote from: stevefal on September 20, 2013, 03:09:27 AM
I posted a new version of rawrec that should work with today's build.

Got a built for the 25th.. =)?
Canon 5D3

stevefal

QuoteGot a built for the 25th.. =)?

posted..
Steve Falcon

Markus

stevefal

Failed power supply in server - should be up now and intermittently as I make a permanent fix.
Steve Falcon

Markus

This I can work with. Thanx again! Hopefully it will be possible to make it even smaller in the future or maybe just a red blob as in standard mode.  ;)

Jakobmen

Quote from: stevefal on September 08, 2013, 11:18:03 PM
I took a crack at solving my own issues with raw_rec cropmarks, and other on-screen stuff that gets in my way. This adds three options to the RAW video menu.

+ Cropmarks                 OFF
+ Verbose status           OFF
+ Buffer status              OFF

It also subtracts one:

- Digital dolly

With everything OFF, the only info displayed while recording is file name and running length. Everything ON is like standard raw_rec, but with the info pushed further out of the way.

This works on via HDMI with my SmallHD DP6 as well. No trashed output and no greyscale. Yay! (Playback still hangs via HDMI)

[EDIT] For 5D3, based on - fcc395e, Sept 25 2013 . At your own risk, of course:

http://popspring.com/mldrop/raw_rec.mo

is there a update for this could it be put in nightlies? =)
Canon 5D3

Markus

Quote from: Jakobmen on October 02, 2013, 03:08:18 PM

is there a update for this could it be put in nightlies? =)

Just download modified raw rec module and replace the one in latest nightly build.

stevefal

New version puts record indicator in top bar, using new bar architecture. File name is not included:

Steve Falcon

a1ex

Looks good.

For this particular indicator, I prefer to have a single indicator for general movie mode (H.264 video too) and have raw video integrate with it nicely. But yeah, for now, this one gets the job done.

stevefal

I started by including a new "RAW" symbol before the time, but couldn't support it with the 23 pixel font, not enough rows in the font. Can you look at my requests in proportional fonts thread?

But yeah, I just wanted to get it out of the picture..
Steve Falcon

Jakobmen

Canon 5D3

stevefal

For me it works with the build I specified. I build autoexec.bin and the symbols files along with the modified module, from that date.

To go forward, the features should be incorporated into the new cropmarks and mlv_rec stuff. Raw_rec is soon obsolete, I assume.
Steve Falcon

dubzeebass

With the build from today, the zebras are off as much as the cropmarks were off when the white frame was off - basically shifted left.  On the Oct. 5 build the framing is correct however the picture was freezing on HDMI while the recording continued.  Very odd.

I do hope this is merged into the default settings.

LugiaP

What is the situation today to this problem? I would like to hide the Cropmarks of the RAW-Plugin to use my own markers by ML.

Walter Schulz

raw_rec.mo has been removed from nightly builds some time ago (February 2017) and is not supported anymore.

LugiaP