Config presets

Started by a1ex, September 25, 2013, 06:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barepixels

am just wondering what is the status of this module.  is it still functional with current builds of ML?
5D2 + nightly ML

jerrykil

It's built in and still works. however, the implementation is rather coarse. On my eosM, info button at bootup prevents ML from loading at all, and there are no mode dials. I set a preset for Menu.KEY and it worked great...

barepixels

found it.  I never knew it exist.  thnx
5D2 + nightly ML

jose_ugs

Using this for a while and thinking all the time, like Marsu suggested a year ago: maybe implementing a soft reboot to switch configs would be a good idea... and a +1 on this one!

Walter Schulz

@a1ex: Looks like presets are not ordered alphanumerical but in order of time of creation.

Is it possible to change behauviour?

Lars Steenhoff

I just created an issue.

I hope it's not user error, but I don't find a way to keep the modules loading

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issues/2789/config-presets-dont-keep-module-mlv_lite

Working with the crop_rec4k branch:
Config presets https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8499.0
Canon 5d Mk3 1.2.3 with Latest Build Branch: crop_rec_4k (2017-10-10 21:51)
crop_rec and mlv_lite don't load when pressing the MENU or INFO button to load a config.
When pressing MENU to load the config preset and after loading the crop_rec it does not load again after reboot.
Somehow does not keep the settings for loading those modules.

Lars Steenhoff

p5ylance

I just tried this with my camera, I moved all my ML/SETTINGS stuff and dropped it into a new folder "Video_RAW" and it showed up on my config presets easy. Can't wait to make some other presets, and this will make setting up my cards so much quicker! It's been a little bit exhausting to comb through the menu each time I set up a card, and I'm really nitpicky about making sure my cards are consistent across the board. This will help so much.

EDIT: I notice when I try to choose my preset and then reboot, the mlv_rec and mlv_snd modules are turned off. when I try to turn on the mlv_rec and mlv_snd modules and reboot, they do not turn on still. If the Preset is supposed to be a new path to get the files, do I just move all the files created into a preset folder? (right now in my folder i have only my preset folder in ML/SETTINGS.

My preset folder contains:

bench.en
magic.cfg
mlv_play.en
mlv_rec.cfg
mlv_rec.en
mlv_snd.cfg
mlv_snd.en