5D3 Brick?

Started by abatecolasan, September 02, 2013, 02:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abatecolasan

Hi everyone,

Long time fan, first time poster.

5D3 just bricked today.  Here's the scenario.

The setup on an August 2nd release had been running like a dream for a couple of weeks and tried it on an actual production today.  The new variable was a Lanparte battery pack with an E6 dummy battery.  Proper power ports were used.

Had the camera running for at least 15 minutes while setting up without fail.  As soon as I hit record the left side of the camera/behind the LCD got hot, the image froze in Live View and that was it.  Poof.  I shut the camera down and now the camera refuses to turn.  There is ZERO LED activity when the card door is opened or closed.

So far I have tried:

Removing the battery and reinserting it:
Leaving the battery out for at least 30 minutes and reinserting it.
Taken both cards out.
Alternated the cards.
Tried turning on the camera in every wheel setting.
Tested the Lanparte battery on a 5D2 without fail.
Tried a friend's batteries just in case mine were defective.  No dice.

Any thoughts on what the issue might be or a solution?  Could it be the power supply?  Any suggestion on my next course of action?

Thank you!

1%

Check the power supply, is it still outputting the right voltage? It sounds like the power pack took out your camera.

abatecolasan

I don't have a voltmeter on hand, but the port I used is clamped down to 7.4 volts for the 5D II/III.

1%

You probably have to send it in for service. If it won't start with no card in and behaved as described its probably toast.

abatecolasan

Alright.  I had a feeling that was the problem.  I'll have to call Lanparte as well. 

Thanks!

Phil

sammyb

So this is the fault of the a malfunctioning faulty dummy battery? Not ML? Sorry about you're camera btw bro, hopefully you can claim on it.