DSLR Arkanoid (arkanoid.mo)

Started by pravdomil, August 23, 2013, 02:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pravdomil

The second game for ML is called DSLR Arkanoid
Try it in LiveView!

Download Source  Buy me a beer  :)

Marsu42

Opinions might be divided how useful this is, but personally I really love it and it takes the serious edge off ml and puts it in the enthusiast domain where it belongs - though I'd have went for pong as the real classic :-) ... can I please request a gameboy color emulator?

ted ramasola

I would also like to request, tetris.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

John Kesl

primeone

How about one of those puzzles where you split a picture into 9 sections, randomize them and then have to rearrange them.

tron

hello, how about solitaire ?  ;D

dlrpgmsvc

Space Invaders is a MUST ! Vote vote vote !  8)
If you think it's impossible, you have lost beforehand

tron

Quote from: dlrpgmsvc on August 26, 2013, 07:21:00 PM
+1  Even better ;D   

Marsu42

Quote from: dlrpgmsvc on August 26, 2013, 07:21:00 PM

Another +1 ... while Arkanoid is nice as a traditional arcade game, Space Invaders might be actually fun :-)

tron

We just have to agree on the specific buttons to use for left, right and fire (maybe depending on the camera model)  ;D

ItsMeLenny

Can you port Quake 2 engine please.
I will come back tomorrow to see if you have done.

Audionut

Quote from: ItsMeLenny on August 27, 2013, 04:02:43 AM
I will come back tomorrow to see if you have done.

Why tomorrow, why not check back in ten minutes or so!

ItsMeLenny

Quote from: Audionut on August 27, 2013, 04:53:03 AM
Why tomorrow, why not check back in ten minutes or so!

Ok, I giff 10 minute. Where iss I ask?
I'll sue you for lieing.

kazeone

hi you say this is the second game, what was the first? Im just curious and by the way fun to play when you have down time lol. :)

gotar

kazeone

Quote from: gotar on September 17, 2013, 11:17:59 PM
Sokoban?

oh? well that must have been awkward to play on the camera lol. Fingers crossed one day we will have tetris ^_^

seven

hi, i am new to this forum :=) can we please get back sokoban? thx

melote1969

hola, soy un re novato en pañales, quisiera saber como activo los archivos .mo para utilizarlos en mi camara (canon 1100d), les agradezco.

ted ramasola

Can we a add a score system and that scores be saved till the next highest score will over write it.

Saved scores will give us bragging rights.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

lizard™

I love this game but starting level 4 it got a bit buggy. When I'd press the arrow keys it would move only a tiny bit and then stop. It won't go away until I restart the camera, then the issue would re-appear shortly after. Once in level 5 even a restart doesn't help anymore. See the video, I'm always keeping the button pressed and not letting go unless I hit the other button.

I know using the main dial or the top dial is an option too, but have you ever tried to play with that? It's near impossible. Camera is a EOS 70D.
A really cool idea would be to be able to use the touchscreen. Maybe just touching the right side of the LCD "emulates" the right key, and the left side the left key.

Edit: After leaving the camera on for a bit but not doing anything on it, it was working again int he same level. However after 1-2 minutes of playing (same level still) the lag appeared again, making it impossible to continue playing.

ilia3101

Your camera's windows must have a virus, I've played through the whole game with no problem.

EDIT: sorry that's an exaggeration, but I have actually played through about half of the game with no issues.

Kharak

Did you purchase the DLC that allows Full Control?

And arguably you might wanna buy the DLC for extra levels and powerups.
once you go raw you never go back

a1ex

Guys, have you actually played this game before trolling? It's a valid bug report (I've just played and confirmed it on 5D2).

After looking at the source to see how it might happen, I believe the global last_key will stop the motion on any unrecognized button event, including internal GUI events that are not button presses, but are handled by Canon code in the same way.

To see the GUI events sent by Canon code when pressing various buttons: Debug -> Show GUI events. Maybe the arrow key events are - possibly in certain conditions - followed by some other events.

Fixing this (or at least trying to debug it) could be a fun low-hanging fruit for beginners.