Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CKLAslan

Updated to 1.0.4 and got ML working perfectly.  Have done FPS override video, time lapse photos, and HDR bracketing and no issues so far.

What are the keys for the ISO shortcuts, etc?

Also is there any work around for Trap Focus not working because of the Canon AF deal mentioned in another thread?

perkaer

Hi all,

I running 1.0.1 and the ML build from a few weeks ago and everything I have used have worked, most HDR bracketing. Thx for an awesome addition to my camera!

I do however have one question. While RAW RGB histogram works brilliantly in picture preview mode, I can't get it to work in LiveView mode, in fact the LiveView interface seems very much the same as always. Is this how it's suppose to be or am I doing something wrong?

Thx again for ML! :)

Best,
Per

Tongotongo

Hi, I got it, Video mode does not work direct viewfinder if photo mode.

Greetings.

Hola, me pasa lo mismo , en modo video no me funciona el visor directo , si en modo foto.

Saludos.
Canon 650d Tamron 17-50 mm 2.8 canon 50 mm fijo 1.8 magic lantern

ClearlyRobert

Newbie question - I can't find bulb ramping on the Shoot, or any other, menu....I see manual exporamp but no auto exporamp under Intervalometer...but no info in manual or the FB page or here in forum on exporamp....what did I miss?

Thanks,

Robert

red5446

raw histogram in photo mode doesn´t appear or at least is extremely slow.
video mode it´s normal. maybe 1-2 second delay.

is it normal?

global draw all modes.
zebras : raw rgb
Histogram: rgb, lin, dots, raw
All others: off

perkaer

Quote from: red5446 on August 07, 2013, 01:35:33 AM
raw histogram in photo mode doesn´t appear or at least is extremely slow.
video mode it´s normal. maybe 1-2 second delay.

is it normal?

global draw all modes.
zebras : raw rgb
Histogram: rgb, lin, dots, raw
All others: off

It's working now, both in photo and video mode, and yes its quite slow in photo mode. I think my problem was I had not toggled through all the modes using the INFO button...

Thx a lot!

Per

a1ex

Turn off raw zebras (e.g. use yuv ones) to make it faster.

delorossa

Hi, im a new user of a Canon 650D,and i will use ML, but i have some Questions.And first one thx to the Developer of ML.

Question

When support ML 1.0.4 for 128 SDXC Card of 128GB?
What is, when i take the SD Card out,does it still work ML?When not, then i must buy a 32GB for use ML right :-( or i must wait...
In FAQ under HOW I UNINSTALL ML is written.... "Simply format the card" Thats it???
What is EyeFi Card?
And I Have the Firmware 1.0.1 on my Canon,shall i use ML under 1.0.4 or ?

Regards

Sorry for my Beatiful English :-)

Walter Schulz

Quote from: delorossa on August 07, 2013, 12:58:03 PMWhen support ML 1.0.4 for 128 SDXC Card of 128GB?

ML *is* supporting cards bigger than 32 GB. There is just one installation step (initialising the camera) which won't work. Therefore you need a card < 64 GB once to pass this limitation. After initialising the camera you can run ML from your 128 GB card.

Quote from: delorossa on August 07, 2013, 12:58:03 PMWhat is, when i take the SD Card out,does it still work ML?

ML is not replacing the firmware. It is more like a program on your computer loaded at startup. Therefore: No card with ML software on it -> ML is not running.

Quote from: delorossa on August 07, 2013, 12:58:03 PMWhat is EyeFi Card?

Google (or any other search engine) is your friend.

Quote from: delorossa on August 07, 2013, 12:58:03 PMAnd I Have the Firmware 1.0.1 on my Canon,shall i use ML under 1.0.4 or ?

The most recent ML version requires FW 1.0.4.

Ciao
Walter

_DK_

Quote from: Tongotongo on August 06, 2013, 08:19:14 PM
Hi, I got it, Video mode does not work direct viewfinder if photo mode.

Greetings.

Hola, me pasa lo mismo , en modo video no me funciona el visor directo , si en modo foto.

Saludos.

Hola,
Perdón si mi español es mal, estudio todavía...
No lo creo que es un problema de magic lantern. No es possible usar el visor directo en modo video, en general. Es porque en modo video, necesita usar el sensor consistente, por lo eso el espejo no funcionar, similar como si haces un photo.

-------------------------

My spanish might be too bad to understand it all. I am still learning it.
I don't think this is a problem of magic lantern. (if I understand what you say). You can't use the viewfinder in video mode, because it needs the sensor to record video, so the mirror does not work and therefore the viewfinder is useless in video mode. This is similar to the moment you take a photo, during this time you can't see through the viewfinder as well.
EOS 650D, 17-50 2.8, Nifty Fifty, Tamron 70-300mm
Sorry if my English is a little bad as I am not a native speaker

Tongotongo

Hola , gracias por contestar y tanto toquetear se me olvido que es tal cual como lo describís.

Un Abrazo.
Canon 650d Tamron 17-50 mm 2.8 canon 50 mm fijo 1.8 magic lantern

magcharlie

Hello,

I encountered a problem in Movie crop mode. The bottom 6 lines in the recording show rubish.

Thanks

CKLAslan

Anyone have better instructions for configuring Focus Stacking?  The Wiki, User Guide, and demos are.. well... not incredibly helpful as they mostly refer to other models or builds and I get very mixes results.

Also what about the shortcuts to ISO, etc? (I'm the 3rd person to ask this and no one seems to answer it).  What are the keys?

a1ex

What could be easier than adjusting how many steps you need and hitting Start? See also http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=4747

also see http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/nightly/features.html (shortcuts are not there)

CKLAslan

Thanks Alex.  That helps.  The UG and Wiki refer to other steps and menus prior to setting the Focus Stack.

I'll give it a try today.

studioe

is there a way to reset to default all the ML settings?

new to ML and must have set something incorrectly.

e

papkee

A question just popped in to my head.

There was buzz a while back about clean HDMI out on the T4i, and while default firmware's HDMI signal is cropped down did ML ever get us full 1080p HDMI out? I'd love to know because I'm debating whether or not to get an Atmos Ninja or similar.
EOS 650D, a bunch of random lenses & adapters

gxcell

Installed tonight on my 650D.

Will report my feelings soon.

Thank you for this great tool!!!!!!!!

jeffadkins51

Hey everyone, I discovered ML today for the first time. I've been into HDR photography for awhile now but my T4i (650D) could only.... well you all know the story, you're here! I can't tell you how happy I was when I installed this and set it to take 5 and then 7 exposures on a test shot of my backyard and saw it worked flawlessly.

You guys at ML are awesome, you've really made me a happy camper, know that your work is bringing smiles and happiness into the world, anyone who does that gets a thumbs up from me!!!

THANK YOU!!! (yes, I meant to yell that, loudly, very, very loudly)

ClearlyRobert

I can't find bulb ramping on the Shoot, or any other, menu.  Directions?

Orada

Dears I need your help reporting and confirm that issue below
In flash tweaks - 3rd party on live view shooting, it capture 1 image then nothing again ( it says release shutter or press half ) until change the camera mode dial or restart the camera ... u wanna say I can't use flash on live view ,, any one tested that issue yet ?!

DuceMongoose

Can,t seem to get the focus peak to work.   :-\

Walter Schulz

Quote from: studioe on August 07, 2013, 10:51:58 PMis there a way to reset to default all the ML settings?

Delete MAGIC.CFG

Ciao
Walter

Kauf

Can someone explain the MZ issues-- the tearing versus in sync discussion started back in this post: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3697.msg45799#msg45799.

I currently have the 550d/T2i and am looking to move up. I remember how frustrated I was when I first realized that, with the Canon firmware standalone, I could not zoom to adjust focus while recording. That's what first drew me to ML, and I've been loving it ever since (and far more than just MZ). Given that I expect to still need to manually focus and occasionally correct on-the-fly, MZ is still top on my list of features.

Does anyone have images or video that they can post to show what MZ behavior looks like on the 650d-- the flickering/tearing? Does the in sync/locked UI look the same as regular MZ, just with all other controls locked while zoomed? I'm trying to judge whether the 650d will be a viable upgrade for me when ML goes beta. Yes, you can call me conservative... but my friends call me chicken :) Thanks to all you pioneers for kicking the tires. And especially thank you nanomad for all your hard work!

Gorilla

Quote from: Kauf on August 08, 2013, 06:21:49 AM
I currently have the 550d/T2i and am looking to move up.

I know this doesn't answer any of your question, but if I can just give my opinion, I don't think the T4i is worth an upgrade over a T2i. I own a T4i and have used a T2i, and they're so similar that I think you would be much better off saving up some more and making a more substantial upgrade, like to a 6D. I know it's quite a jump in price, but if you're really itching to replace your T2i, I'd do that over getting another Rebel (and probably over getting any other crop-sensor Canon right now).
Canon T4i - Canon 50mm 1.4 - Samyang 35mm 1.4