Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4outdoorproductions

NANOMAD
I have installed ML 5 times. I can not get peaking or the help menu to work. I feel like I am missing something when I do the download. The instructions might make sense to most, but not me. Can you please walk me through this more thoroughly? I really need the peaking feature more than anything.

Walter Schulz

Help files are not included in nightly builds.
Please describe your peaking problems.
You have to enable Global draw. In liveview you should be able to tell focused areas and out of focus areas.
You have started a thread about peaking here: http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13047.msg126240#msg126240 and you haven't answered yet.

Felipe

Quote from: c4outdoorproductions on August 21, 2014, 10:29:21 PM
NANOMAD
I have installed ML 5 times. I can not get peaking or the help menu to work. I feel like I am missing something when I do the download. The instructions might make sense to most, but not me. Can you please walk me through this more thoroughly? I really need the peaking feature more than anything.

Use slightly sharper, and magic zoom, I think work better than peaking, in fact are fantastic focus aids
650D-700D

tweak

"Slightly sharper" appears to be far more accurate and easier to judge than the other focus peaking method (in my opinion).

Felipe

Quote from: tweak on August 22, 2014, 03:38:46 PM
"Slightly sharper" appears to be far more accurate and easier to judge than the other focus peaking method (in my opinion).

Yes it is, Magic zoom works great , I mean with minimum flickering, with the small size and 1 to one factor
650D-700D

mdfaisal

After 10 days of riding a motorcycle around Trenggalek (East Java, Indonesia) while bringing Glidecam hd 2000, and the Canon 650D with Magic Lantern installed  (CBR settings = 2.5). I am shooting a best tourist spots in Trenggalek.

I am very satisfied with the results I have achieved with my glidecam, I really love my Glidecam. But I use a cheap lens (kit lens + wide converter) so the image less sharp and it caused barrel distortion.

But anyway I love the process and the result of my work. Ladies and Gentlements This is Trenggalek....

Ironflix

hi,
i just installed the latest nightly  (build 1. Sep 2014 Changeset: 559643a) for the 650D/T4i. I tried to use the "Focus Peak" feature by enabling 'global draw' (ON, all modes) and Focus Peak (ON,0.5,local), but so far it does not show up in the live view. Other features like zebras or Cropmarks also do not show up in live view,  they are only visible in the "Quick Review" after i took a picture.

The 'Live View' Option in Global Draw seem to be disabled (no green light on the left side of the option after selecting "global draw for live view only"). Has it been disabled by mistake?

best regards
Ironflix

Roger2004

I just noticed that i was looking for the "delay before starting to shoot" function in the bulb options,
so i've found it in its right section which is the intervalometer of course...

::)

Here's a little video i made with ML on my 650d (no specific options used, just the tools for exposure, framing & such)

Ironflix

Quote from: Felipe on August 22, 2014, 07:33:35 PM
.. Magic zoom works great ..
Quote from: tweak on August 22, 2014, 03:38:46 PM
Quote from: Roger2004 on September 03, 2014, 01:29:04 AM
.. just the tools for exposure, framing & such ..
Quote from: Walter Schulz on August 21, 2014, 10:38:36 PM
You have to enable Global draw. In liveview you should be able to tell focused areas and out of focus areas.

which nightly build version do you use? i am looking for one that has working global draw in liveview, so that i can use features like focus peak, magic zoom and the histogram/waveform in video mode.

Walter Schulz

@Ironflix:
GD working in "On, all modes" and "Liveview" without any problems. Focus peak, zebras, cropmarks: All there.

Delete ML directory and AUTOEXEC.BIN and copy latest nightly contents (extracted) on card's root.

Ironflix

I installed the build from 1. Sep. 2014 as shown in this picture:

When i select the Live View option the "LED" turns grey. The other two options have green light but features like histogram and focus peak are only visible in the quick picture review not in live mode.

This is a screen from the picture Quick Review screen (delayed for 8 seconds to take the screenshot). The histogram and the focus peak seem to work but global draw is deactivated in live view / video mode. :(

i have just tested the nighly build from 1. August, it behaves the same regarding the global draw. i am back on 1. Sep now

Same images as above stored on google drive:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B564kF3QY2nPS1VRM3BQUDJlR1E/edit
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B564kF3QY2nPWmFBMGQ5bFAzNUU/edit
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B564kF3QY2nPSHNrYWhKdWdZQXc/edit

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Ironflix on September 03, 2014, 03:59:47 PM
When i select the Live View option the "LED" turns grey. The other two options have green light but features like histogram and focus peak are only visible in the quick picture review not in live mode.

The status "LED" turns grey if you select Liveview because your cam is not in Liveview mode. Press Liveview/Video record button and open ML menu.

Ironflix

I am sorry, you are right. it is all working. My problem was, i didn't know that i have to switch through the different View's by pressing the Info button while in LiveView Mode. My camera and i haven't seen ML before yesterday :)

Now the fun can begin  8)

Audionut

Is the installer in the latest nightlies, an updated and current one based on the below process?

QuoteInstallation:
1) Format the card from the camera.
2) Make sure you are running Canon firmware ???
3) Copy ML files on the card and run Firmware Update.

Uninstallation:
1) Run Firmware Update from your ML card.
2) Follow the instructions.

spider

After taking two pictures in LV with Canon RC-1 I got this screen.

1st September build
Full Histogram in LV
Raw_rec, ettr, file_man, all mlv modules loaded.
dual_ISO.mo is not loaded.

Roger2004

Just a few bugs i encountered :

-The ISOless PH err(2) is still there when i activate Dual ISO in M Mode. Starting in P mode and then moving to M mode works.

-I shot a few hyperlapses with the ghost image function (which is great btw !) and sometimes it crashed displaying a code screen. I had to restart the camera, i'll try to take a screenshot of it next time and post it here...

Roger2004

Has anyone some experience with Day to Night (Holygrail) Timelapses with the 650D ?

I see there's only the manual ramping option so far. But as it takes much time to test it in a real situation, with a possibly unusable sequence each time...I'd like some advice to be more effective.

For example, how much steps would you set it to when beggining shooting 1 hour before the sunset ?
It seems that activating ETTR is also a good idea.
I'll maybe test it meanwhile, but would like some experienced users to help me too...Thanks !

Roger2004

Here's another possible bug i found : i've been doing bracketing with ML, my main exposure was 30 seconds (it only happened with such a long exposure time, but i haven't test Bulb as main),
so 30 seconds for the correctly exposed one, 3 bracketings, iso off, so to have the over exposed one, ML turns to Bulb, but it stays on a black screen at the end.
Most of the time, i would simply turn the camera off and the canon firmware would say that one picture is still saving, then 2 seconds then sensor cleaning then off.
I put the camera on & the picture really is there and had finished a while ago, but it stayed on the black screen...

dmilligan

On rebels, ML forces the display off during a bulb exposure (it's left on by default on Canon, since there is no top LCD display). It's probably not coming back on correctly. I've have seen some issues with display_on() and display_off() being unreliable at times, but I could never reproduce it. Under the bulb menu there is a setting for what ML does to the display during the bulb exposure, something like "turn off", "leave alone", "previous picture" (I don't recall exactly what these say off the top of my head). Try changing this setting.

andrewespuni

Hello guys,

First I wanted to thank everybody involved with ML for their great work. You added real value to all this cameras!
This is a video I shot using ML's raw video with the 650D:

I used a Tokina 11-16 and the canon 50mm 1.8. I recorded at 1344x672 in 2:1 aspect ratio to get non stop recording. I did a few shots in 1600x800 but it only gave me 10-11 seconds of footage before it stopped. I hope you like it!

dan45

I can't find the option in the Night Build:

flash tweaks - 3rd party on live view shooting

What i have to do? in the alpa version it freeze my cam.

I want to realease my flashs with the yongnuo rf603c ii in live view.

venture

My understanding is that the option was removed because there is an unresolvable issue (Issue #2081) with it.

I will check when I get home tonight but I think I've had success in LV in the past by using Yongnuo yn-622C flash triggers between the camera and the flash.
650D/T4i | EF-S 18-135 IS STM | EF 50 f/1.8 mk1 | 55-250

ansius

check also the silent shooting settings in canon menus, if I remember correctly, flash get triggered only when silent shooting is off.
Canon EOS 7D & 40D, EF-S 17-85mm IS USM, EF 28-300mm IS USM, Mir-20, Mir-1, Helios 44-5, Zenitar ME1, Industar 50-2, Industar 61L/Z-MC, Jupiter 37A, TAIR-3
http://www.ansius.lv http://ansius.500px.com

dan45

Thanks venture.

The silent shooting is not available on my 650d.. therefore I want tu use magic lantern

venture

Ran a quick test with my 650d, yn-622c flash triggers and a yn-560 flash.

Nightly version: July 16, 2014 (haven't upgraded yet. I believe the 3rd party flash tweak option was removed sometime in August).

In Liveview,

1) 3rd Party Flash Tweak enabled: camera hangs in any config

2) 3rd Party Flash Tweak disabled: a) Flash mounted on camera hotshoe - No flash triggered, b) Flash removed from camera and triggered through Yn-622c transceivers - Flash triggered OK.

I suspect that it works because the yn622 is intelligent and communicates back to the camera, looking more like a canon ettl flash...

Dan45, does your camera hang when you use the rf603c's?
650D/T4i | EF-S 18-135 IS STM | EF 50 f/1.8 mk1 | 55-250