Author Topic: Canon 650D / T4i  (Read 770391 times)

DigitalMetal

• Just arrived
Re: Canon 650D / T4i
« Reply #1875 on: February 06, 2017, 04:00:46 PM »
Hi,

I'm new here and have a 650D, All I want to do is be able to over come the video timeout limit can this be done just but using ML ?
I don't really have any deeper requirements but if it will get over the time limit is there anything else i should be aware of that could be a problem to me as a basic user?

Thanks !

Walter Schulz

« Reply #1876 on: February 07, 2017, 10:23:23 PM »
If you can live with lost frames (about half a second) every 30 minutes you can write H.264 recordings as long as you want (and card has free space and battery has not been drained).
If you can't: ML supports seamless recording in RAW/MLV mode up and beyond 30 minutes. But storage interface limit is about 40 MByte/s and you will have to use lower resolutions and cropped field of view. Cam interface is good for about 720p24 in 14 bit continuous recording.

nnominor

• Just arrived
« Reply #1877 on: February 24, 2017, 07:02:39 PM »
How to downgrade?
eos 1.05 - eos 1.04

Thanks

gwiljr

• Just arrived
« Reply #1878 on: April 12, 2017, 10:17:49 PM »
Just found this forum, today.  Hope to obtain a solution to the 29:59 minute limitation when recording video.  Essential to an objective I have of recording our church services and making the videos available to our members who are at home and unable to get out.

I have a Canon ESO T4i.  It is about 2-3 years old.  I am attempting to install ML, but all my attempts result in failure at the 4% mark while the Firmware Update Program is running.  At that point, I receive the following message:

"Update file error

Please check the memory
card and reload the
battery and try again."

The camera was using firmware version 1.0.5.  I installed version 1.0.4 after reading here that the current version of ML requires 1.0.4 (please correct me if I am wrong).

Initially, I was using a 200-GB card, but after reading some past posts about possible problems with anything above 32-GB, I attempted to install ML from a 2-GB card.  Still not successful.

I performed a low level format of the card (using the camera) before copying the ML files to it.  During all this, I noticed the camera formats the card using FAT despite the manual saying exFAT is used.  As a result, I attempted installing ML using the card formatted as FAT, then exFAT.  Still no success with the same error message.

I also attempted to use the last three ML posted files.  I got as far as using the nightly build posted MAR 12, 2017.  Same unsuccessful results.

At this point, I am at a loss as to what to try next.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Gerald

Walter Schulz

« Reply #1879 on: April 13, 2017, 08:19:55 AM »
Use photo mode M, retry with 2 GB card. Retry.
If it fails, reset cam to factory defaults. Don't forget C.Fn settings. Retry.

Cam will format all cards < 64 GB with FAT16/FAT32. Doesn't matter for this part of the operation.

avramidis3d

• New to the forum
« Reply #1880 on: April 14, 2017, 10:39:28 AM »
Hey guys,

after a long flawless life of Magic Lantern, I got some blue screens on April 1st, saying my camera is bricked. Thinking it was an April fool's joke, I re-entered the battery and got another one after a couple of hours. I updated to the latest nightly build, Mar30. Since then, no errors, just a random freeze yesterday.

Any ideas?

garry23

« Reply #1881 on: April 14, 2017, 10:51:44 AM »
I wonder how many hours April Fools Day lasts?

24 maybe  ;)