Son of Batch - OS X App for batchprocessing RAW Files

Started by derkiki, July 23, 2013, 05:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derkiki

Son of Batch is an app I made which uses raw2dng,dcraw and ffmpeg to batch process Magic Lantern .RAW files. It does dngs, backups and proxies. It shows a preview frame of the RAW files for easier selection. No file spanning yet. It's not perfect and early alpha, but I hope it's useful. Mac OS X (10.6.8 + up) only unfortunately.
I'd like to hear your feedback and bug reports.
Huge thanks to the Magic Lantern team.
Big Update: You can preview RAW files and DNG sequences and set In+Out points!
Spanning will be added, RAW2DNG seems to have problems with it right now.
Please give me some feedback!
UPDATE, many bugs fixed!
Usage: drag one or more files from the source list to the output queue or doubleclick files in the source. Then set in an out points.
You can select a file in the output queue and click on the right half of the info. This lets you change white balance and fps (fps can only be changed for DNG sequences, not RAW files).
Have fun!

derkiki

New Version 7/30:
http://tshit.de/Son_of_Batch_OSX-68.zip

New Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kluyerg59f2c01f/Son%20of%20Batch.zip

--check out our t-shirts on http://tshit.de

squig

duncanidaho25

5D2 |  VAF-5d2b | Komputerbay 64GB 1000x  | 14, 24, 35, 85 Samyang Lens Set  | 50, 180 Nikon | Marshall V-LCD51 | DigiFinder | 528s LED Amaran lights

derkiki

Quote from: squig on July 23, 2013, 05:37:20 AM
Cool thx. Mac dev has been lagging a bit.

Can you update it incorporating A1ex's dual ISO hack-
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7139.0
http://acoutts.com/a1ex/raw2dng.exe

I'd like to update it. Can you point me to a compiled binary of the newest raw2dng for mac? I'm still fighting with my compiler setup.
Thx

aaphotog

When this raw video thing first came out, the videos had vertical black stripes. I believe the raw extracting programs had to implement something to fix this.
The raw files that are extracted with you program have the vertical black bars? Or any issues as such?

daSilva

Wow nice App!
I like it to have a Preview of the raw file before converting. Even if its only a still image. Can you implement the ability to scroll through the file to see not only the first Pic? That would be great!

Thanks a lot!

derkiki

Quote from: daSilva on July 23, 2013, 07:30:04 PM
Wow nice App!
I like it to have a Preview of the raw file before converting. Even if its only a still image. Can you implement the ability to scroll through the file to see not only the first Pic? That would be great!

Thanks a lot!

I'll try!

Concerning black stripes: I'm updating to a new raw2dng, will post when done.

mageye

Also a start frame and end frame? (IN/OUT point)

(Please?) ;)
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

Danne

squig

Quote from: derkiki on July 23, 2013, 04:30:31 PM
I'd like to update it. Can you point me to a compiled binary of the newest raw2dng for mac? I'm still fighting with my compiler setup.
Thx

You could send a pm to scrax and Thomas Worth, they're doing all the mac development.

derkiki

simulacro

funny t-shirts! they made me crack ;D

gonna try the app, thank you!

simulacro

It doesn't let me do anything, this message appears:

PlayIt

@ derkiki

Works just fine. the only problem i found is the fact i can´t change the frame rate on the proxies, to match the frame rate on the raw files.

Big thanks

5d markII

mageye

Quote from: simulacro on July 28, 2013, 04:58:44 PM

I have exactly the same problem :(. I want to try the new features on the updated release:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7361.msg62363#msg62363
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

squig

Dual ISO processing doesn't seem to be working  :'(

Danne

Hey Squig, gotta install virtual box. Slow conversion but works on a mac and win 7 :)

derkiki

Quote from: PlayIt on July 28, 2013, 06:45:24 PM
@ derkiki

Works just fine. the only problem i found is the fact i can´t change the frame rate on the proxies, to match the frame rate on the raw files.

Big thanks

The proxies for the RAW files are set to the frame rate of the RAW files by default.

derkiki

Quote from: simulacro on July 28, 2013, 04:58:44 PM

Sorry about the ugly error, it only works on 64 bit systems, what version of MacOsX are you on?

derkiki

Quote from: squig on July 28, 2013, 07:50:56 PM
Dual ISO processing doesn't seem to be working  :'(
I can't test it (no 5d3), there seems to be some problem with the latest raw2dng because file joining doesn't work either at the moment. When they update I#ll update.

budafilms

SQUIG, can we ad ¨Follow this topic¨to the topics? It´s an advantage for people like me looking for upgrades for specific things. thx

simulacro

Quote from: derkiki on July 29, 2013, 02:50:32 AM
Sorry about the ugly error, it only works on 64 bit systems, what version of MacOsX are you on?

I have to say it's a 2008 white macbook 3gb RAM

I'm working without battery (it swollen so i had to take it off) I heard that the efficiency of the computer reduces drastically but i don't know if that is related to the app's error, because other person has the same issue.

mageye

OSX 10.7.5 is 64 bit as is 0SX 10.8.4.

If anybody is in any doubt about if your system runs 64 bit mode or not just check your Activity Monitor (/Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor) and you will see processes under 'kind' listed as 'Intel 64 bit'

FBongcam

I'm on Mountain Lion 64 Bit (10.8.4).

I get these errors when starting the app:

span error - I click OK

then..

An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled.  The application must shut down.

I never even get in to the GUI.

derkiki

Quote from: FBongcam on July 29, 2013, 03:34:49 PM
I'm on Mountain Lion 64 Bit (10.8.4).

I get these errors when starting the app:

span error - I click OK

then..

An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled.  The application must shut down.

I never even get in to the GUI.
That's useful, thanks. I'll try and fix it when I have time.