Magic Lantern (RAW) Video format v2.0 (mlv_rec.mo)

Started by g3gg0, July 15, 2013, 10:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auxmar

Thanks,  The mlv_dump.osx work for me too, it extract the wav file and the audio is sync, but the converted dng are color shifted to ugly green.

I use 5d MKIII

rob_6

Quote from: crazypig on December 23, 2013, 03:07:32 AM
Dear g3gg0,

Thanks for your great surprise before this christmas.

I really want to test the mlv_snd.

But i can't find it in the updated nighty bulid.

Regards,

Sean

You can get mlv_snd from the first post in this thread. Just add it to your latest nightly build. Post #874 a few pages back has a good overview.

crazypig

Quote from: rob_6 on December 23, 2013, 05:50:08 AM
You can get mlv_snd from the first post in this thread. Just add it to your latest nightly build. Post #874 a few pages back has a good overview.
thank you so much

rob_6

Quote from: auxmar on December 23, 2013, 03:42:42 AM
Thanks,  The mlv_dump.osx work for me too, it extract the wav file and the audio is sync, but the converted dng are color shifted to ugly green.

I use 5d MKIII
I get the green too. Once I bring it into After Effects I can adjust the Temperature and Tint to make it look right. The sliders for Temperature and Tint default to their minimum value which makes the green.

Levas

Tested the new audio function in MLV on a 6d.

Got a real audio wav file, normal size, normal specs.
But when I play the audio file, there's no audio at all ? Not even noise, it's like it's recording without any real audio input...

Tested several options in the ML audio menu, like sound record: separate wav, sound record: normal, Input source: internal mic, Input source auto...
And all these options where tested with MLV sound: ON.

Anybody else tested it on 6d ?

dadinio13

someone can upload the osx compiled version of mlv_dump please ?
i can't compile it from where i'am

mk11174

Wow! sound record working on 550D so far, pretty cool!
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

ouuzi

mageye

OK I tested the MLV sound recording from this topic on 5DMKII. It appears to work and then I used the linked MLV converter (the latest one) for osx.

I managed to get it to spit out a some RAW files for video and some *.wav files for the audio. The files appear to be around the expected size.

I can't play these files though. I inspected the file with a hex editor and find that they are RIFF files. I don't seem to have any application on the Mac that can deal with RIFF. :(

Does anyone know of any Mac application that can either convert or directly deal with RIFF files?

Anyone else have any joy playing/editing the sound files on the Mac?

I'm on Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.1
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

andy kh

@g3ggo thank q so much g3gg0 n the magic lantern team for enabling audio recording
5D Mark III - 70D

M@ster

Thanks to g3gg0, sound works perfect with 5D3 on OS X Maverick.

For OS X users:
.MLV file and mlv_dump.osx have to be in the same directory, then convert with Terminal using this command:
./mlv_dump.osx --dng NameOfTheFile.MLV

Happy holidays shooting Raw with sound ;)

Levas

Seems to work now on 6D!

I had to turn OFF the FPS override function (It said so in a message at the bottom of the display, FPS override turns off most sound function settings... ::)

rob_6

When I start recording I loose the overlays and I also loose the black mask bar on the top and bottom of the image. Is this the way it is supposed to behave with mlv_rec at this point in its development? I just want to make sure I have my settings right. Can someone please let me know... Thanks.

mk11174

Quote from: rob_6 on December 23, 2013, 07:08:17 PM
When I start recording I loose the overlays and I also loose the black mask bar on the top and bottom of the image. Is this the way it is supposed to behave with mlv_rec at this point in its development? I just want to make sure I have my settings right. Can someone please let me know... Thanks.
Turn the Global Draw option On inside MLV it will keep it on instead of turning it off for performance if the performance is not needed, it seems to be Off by Default in MLV
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

Steve Kahn

This is fantastic news!  Thank you.

I am shooting on a 5D3 and noticed that there is a 5D3_111.sym as well as autoexec.bin file in your mlv_rec folder in addition to the mlv_snd module.

Do I need to copy/replace this autoexec.bin to the root directory of my SD card?

Do I need to copy/relaoce the 5D3_111.sym from your mlv_rec folder into the modules folder of the SD card?

Thanks!

andy kh

switch on "Disable G Draw" in Raw Video(MLV)
5D Mark III - 70D

andy kh

quick demonstration on work flow. u can sync audio easily. u can also cut in premiere pro cc. watch and see how easy it is

https://vimeo.com/82579655
5D Mark III - 70D

g3gg0

Quote from: andy kh on December 23, 2013, 10:16:45 PM
quick demonstration on work flow. u can sync audio easily. u can also cut in premiere pro cc. watch and see how easy it is

>We couldn't find that page.
>Please check to make sure you've typed the URL correctly.
>You may also want to search for what you are looking for.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

andy kh

5D Mark III - 70D

kgv5

Quote from: g3gg0 on December 22, 2013, 07:42:27 PM
sound is recorded using 44100 samples/sec. i cannot imagine what you mean with being slower than the video.
guess your fps setting was wrong ;)

I still have problem with sync - tried 24 and 25 fps. Sound sounds slower, i mean sloooooower.
I used goldwave and changed wav playback rate from 44,1 to 48kzh and it helped, still not perfect but much better. I have recorded 1 minute clip, in 56-58 sec the lag was about 0,5 sec. 5d3, kb64 1000x. To use wav with resolve 10 it is required to change 44,1 to 48khz anyway.

EDIT: i can fix this problem in premiere cs6 with using Rate stretch tool on the sound clip and stretch it down to match the video layer.
Is anybody have the same problem?
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

g3gg0

Quote from: kgv5 on December 23, 2013, 10:47:34 PM
I still have problem with sync - tried 24 and 25 fps. Sound sounds slower, i mean sloooooower.

can you upload such .wav?
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

seku

Hi all,

been trying for a few hours now to get this to work, but I'm a bit clueless ... and feeling bad posting for help with my low postcount :/

- On my 5Dmk3, I've tried with installing yesterday's as well as today's nightly, and activated filemanager, mlv-rec, and mlv-play, then enabled mlv-rec. records just fine.
- downloaded mlv-snd from the first post in this thread, activated it as well, and enabled mlv-snd. i get the big reddish audiobars fine when recording.
- on OSX Mavericks, i installed mlv_dump.osx, made it executable and ran the --dng command: it extracts the DNG's just perfectly, but i just do not manage to get an assorted wav file.

Any pointers to where i missed an obvious step?

rob_6

Quote from: seku on December 23, 2013, 11:35:53 PM
Hi all,

been trying for a few hours now to get this to work, but I'm a bit clueless ... and feeling bad posting for help with my low postcount :/

- On my 5Dmk3, I've tried with installing yesterday's as well as today's nightly, and activated filemanager, mlv-rec, and mlv-play, then enabled mlv-rec. records just fine.
- downloaded mlv-snd from the first post in this thread, activated it as well, and enabled mlv-snd. i get the big reddish audiobars fine when recording.
- on OSX Mavericks, i installed mlv_dump.osx, made it executable and ran the --dng command: it extracts the DNG's just perfectly, but i just do not manage to get an assorted wav file.

Any pointers to where i missed an obvious step?

I am obviously not an expert with my low post count either, but you might need the mlv_record module from the first post of this thread rather than the nightly version. I use the mlv_rec from this thread and I have it working.

rob_6

seku

Thanks rob_6 and andy kh :)

t'was the Disable G Draw, works perfectly now, thanks a lot !