Magic Lantern (RAW) Video format v2.0 (mlv_rec.mo)

Started by g3gg0, July 15, 2013, 10:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToneyFrancoHD

I just installed ML on my canon 60D but I can't see the raw video in video mode? What do I need to do to shoot raw?

chmee

enable the according modules inside the menu. mlv_rec and/or raw_rec
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

Canon eos m

Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

MGerard

Quote from: Canon eos m on April 17, 2014, 03:35:42 AM
Good morning. Is this module I should use going forward?

It fixes the assert and is already included in the latest nightly build.

MGerard

While the latest nightly build seems to work fine (no error msgs or console anymore), the mlv files can't be decoded via MLVMystic (just decoded one dng with weird colors), decoding to dng sequence with mlv dump worked, dng seq numbering is wrong (starts at frame_000000 / 01 / 02 then continues with 1180).

5DanielMIII

Hi,

Thanks for all the hard and great work!
It it delicious  ;D

Latest built reports invalid header when trying to playback MLV file in camera.
I can only see the first frame after it renders through, and it is a noisy image, sometimes pink noise, other times black & white colors!

I did not try to import that file on my Mac to convert it, so it might be a in camera problem, or this could be as @MGerard wrote:
Quote from: MGerard on April 17, 2014, 01:51:49 PM
While the latest nightly build seems to work fine (no error msgs or console anymore), the mlv files can't be decoded via MLVMystic (just decoded one dng with weird colors), decoding to dng sequence with mlv dump worked, dng seq numbering is wrong (starts at frame_000000 / 01 / 02 then continues with 1180).

So I always get that invalid header message when trying to preview in camera, so I went back to a later build that works for now  :)

5D Mark III
Build 5D.113
Built on: 2014-04-18 07:11:43 +0800

Regards,
Daniel
I am thankful that Jesus and MagicLantern exist, because they both change lives!

SergePlotkin

Quote from: g3gg0 on April 16, 2014, 09:14:05 PM
fixed, thanks.
Does the fix for "hdr>blockSize>0" failed assertion apply to 5D3-123 as well ? I see similar problem there after downloading the 4/16 nightly build.
thanks.

g3gg0

another fix that solves the error reported by 5DanielMIII and MGerard.
thanks.
this bug depends on some block sizes and thus on some settings.

please dont use the older builds anymore.

@SergePlotkin:
please more details about the error you get and the settings/situations that lead to this error.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

SergePlotkin

g3gg0,

Posted all the .err files as part of #1954 on bitbucket.
Summary: Using latest 5D3-123 build.
Old style raw seems to work fine.
If instead I enable the new mlv_rec&mlv_snd, then shortly after starting to record
I get the above assertion violation and lots of debug-related info on the screen, as if in "console mode".
At this point I have to turn off the camera.

Interestingly enough sometimes this does not happen at all - have a couple of 3-4 minutes HD recordings with no problems.
Also, somehow pressing the AF-ON button in the middle of the recording more often then not immediately results in this error.

Using Sandisk UDMA7 90MB/s 64GB flash. Recording at about 70MB/s.

Probably unrelated, but pressing "zoom" during recording completely hangs the camera and requires removal of battery.

Please tell me what other specific information will be helpful, since it is very easy for me to reproduce the above issue/issues.

thanks.

g3gg0

thanks, seems to be to related with mlv_snd. will check.
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

g3gg0

kaco

g3gg0, is it safe now to start using .123 for the MLV raw?

kaco

Quote from: g3gg0 on April 19, 2014, 02:00:43 AM
please try latest nightly (or from there)

Tested the version from jenkins, also got error as SergePlotkin. Tested your build of mlv_rec, the console error has gone. But now I am missing the option to allocate space with LV off (some kind of extra hack). And on record start/stop i got message:
Hacked error at 0:
expected e3a00032, got e1a00000

g3gg0

disable memory hacks and extra hacks, then try again.

SergePlotkin

g3gg0,
Disabling "extra hacks" eliminates the "hacked error at 0" message.
Are these hacks important for something ?
In particular, I am worried about quickly rising temperature - reaches 50C less than 10m into shooting video.
Thanks for creating the fix so quickly !

g3gg0

with those hacks you can gain a few buffers more.
so you will get a few seconds extra recording time if your card isnt fast enough.

temperature is nearly the same as in video mode without recording raw.

arch

Quote from: MGerard on April 16, 2014, 05:36:34 PM
I just tried the latest nightly build and sometimes during recording (MLV_rec enabled), the console pops up (on a 5D3). Found no way to disable it unless I restart the camera...

this is the assert:

ML ASSERT:
hdr->blockSize > 0
at mlv_rec.c:1969 (mlv_prepend_block), task raw_rec_task
lv:1 mode:3

Magic Lantern version : Nightly.2014Apr16.5D3113
Mercurial changeset   : 9058cbc13fa4 (unified) tip
Built on 2014-04-15 23:11:59 UTC by [email protected].
Free Memory  : 151K + 3815K

I'm using the latest nightly build and still getting this exact error. The console pops up after about 1 minute of recording and still records. I've tried recording with RAW only and not MLV (Video/Audio) and it's amazing. No errors so far on that.

Is there a setting we're supposed to change or anything we can do?

edit - I'll test the mlv_rec.mo linked. Thank you!

edit again - I replaced mlv_rec.mo and everything works. I still get the hacked error at 0 message with extra hacks on, but that's it. Thanks!

g3gg0

Quote from: arch on April 20, 2014, 05:38:27 AM
I'm using the latest nightly build and still getting this exact error.
latest = 20.04.
your build = 16.04.

sure that the nightly isn't more recent?

Andy600

@g3gg0 - Which part of the code applies BT709/BT601 to the DNGs. I remember you did something that does the matrix transformation on the fly but can't remember where it is. I want to try something with wide gamut RGB.
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

arch

Quote from: g3gg0 on April 20, 2014, 01:21:48 PM
latest = 20.04.
your build = 16.04.

sure that the nightly isn't more recent?

Sorry, I'm new here and still learning about all this. I'm using the 1.2.3 latest nightly build. Is there a different developer on that build?

Magic Lantern Version: Nightly.2014apr16.5D3123
Built on 2014-04-16 16:33:51 UTC by [email protected]

I did use the mlv_rec.mo you linked, and it works awesome except has the hacked error with 0 message (it disappears within a second or so) when hitting record and unrecord.

Thanks again and sorry for the noob questions.

g3gg0

okay it seems v1.2.3 was not built a few days.
then its clear why yours is older.

g3gg0

Quote from: Andy600 on April 20, 2014, 01:44:26 PM
@g3gg0 - Which part of the code applies BT709/BT601 to the DNGs. I remember you did something that does the matrix transformation on the fly but can't remember where it is. I want to try something with wide gamut RGB.
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/src/fd63cf6052145074ee9891faea0f1a2d1d0c08bb/contrib/g3gg0-tools/MLVViewSharp/DebayerBase.cs?at=unified

there i am using the matrices in my C# rendering example.

DNG themselves dont have any RGB colorspace information, they contain RAW RGGB bayer pattern.

5DanielMIII

Hi @g3gg0

Do not know if this should be reported here as well.
I posted it to the MLV mystic thread..

But I can not convert any of my MLV files from this build;
Date: 2014-04-20 07:11:47 +0800

Program MLV Mystic says "Conversion  Complete" but all the new DNG-folders are empty.
MIrawviewer too makes empty folders when trying to export straight from the player.

I am on a 5D Mark III .113

Regards,
Daniel
I am thankful that Jesus and MagicLantern exist, because they both change lives!

marekk

hi.. I'm testing a fresh build of ML with ML_REC on 5D3 1.2.3.
Setup: 1920:1080 23,976 fps, Transcend 1000x 64GB..
After restart, first movie records without issues. Next stops after 2-3 seconds. So I allowed skipped frames and it shows skipped frames (2-4) always after 2 seconds and then goes without problems. I tested also a RAW_REC and I've got no skipped frames.. Is it a problem with my CF card ?

UPDATE: I copied warm up code just after start_delay option and it looks like it works without skipped frames now. Maybe my card needs warm up just before each file ? hmm

msleep(start_delay * 1000);

if(warm_up)
    {
        NotifyBox(100000, "Card warming up...");
        char warmup_filename[100];
        snprintf(warmup_filename, sizeof(warmup_filename), "%s/warmup.raw", get_dcim_dir());
        FILE* f = FIO_CreateFile(warmup_filename);
        if(f != INVALID_PTR)
        {
            FIO_WriteFile(f, (void*)0x40000000, 8*1024*1024 * (1 << warm_up));
            FIO_CloseFile(f);
            FIO_RemoveFile(warmup_filename);
        }
        NotifyBoxHide();
    }