IME (Text Input) System - first version (ime_base.mo ime_rot.mo ime_std.mo)

Started by g3gg0, July 04, 2013, 01:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g3gg0

it is already working and in the source tree.
just compile it and you can test.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

dariSSight

Quote from: g3gg0 on July 07, 2013, 03:29:05 PM
it is already working and in the source tree.
just compile it and you can test.

Forgive my Ignorance, but can you break that down a little more info on the source tree and how do I compile it to the build.
Canon 5D Mark II

g3gg0

just compile the source from https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern
and compile the modules ime_base, ime_std and ime_rot in modules directory.

nothing special, standard procedure when building ML from source.

(see http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=991.0 if you are not aware how to do)
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

g3gg0

btw - when pressing Q, the cursor will jump to the "OK" button.
at least in ime_rot, will add this to ime_std later tonight.

Greg

Do not check the code, bitbucket does not work.   :o

edit :

ok now works

You can replace characters :

ime_null does not compile :
greg@ubuntu:~/magic-lantern/modules/ime_null$ make
[ CC       ]   ime_null.o
ime_null.c: In function 'ime_null_start':
ime_null.c:20:5: error: too few arguments to function 'update'
ime_null.c:24:5: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'strncpy' [enabled by default]
ime_null.c: At top level:
ime_null.c:34:5: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
ime_null.c:34:5: warning: (near initialization for 'ime_null_descriptor.start') [enabled by default]
make: *** [ime_null.o] Error 1

g3gg0

here is the latest version of the IME modules.
you can place both ime_std and ime_rot in your module dir, or one of them - which ever you prefer.
ime_base is always needed for both

arrinkiiii

My test with ime_rot on 7D

-Configure method: Don't do nothing
-All chars: Allows me only to wright 8 characters
-Alpha : Infinite input, will pass the border of the GUI (no space, no files with space allowed?)
-Numeric: Infinite input
-Alphanumeric: Infinite input. Only show letters, no numbers
-Punctuation: Infinite input. The ? and ;  don't show up, it makes one empty space.
-Math: Infinite input
-File: Allows me only to wright 8 characters. The characters show up in red color.

Q button

-Cancel just make you return to the main screen of ime. If i input something then make cancel it will return to the main screen but the input i have made will stay there, if i start to input again.

-Delete option don't work

-Ok option or Cancel option, if i press one time and wait for a few seconds it work, makes me to return to the main screen of ime. But if i press the button 2 times it will stuck the image of ime with the main ML screen. Need to shut down the camera and connect again.

-Wend i shut down the camera, if im in the ime screen, the screen of ime will stay on and the routine of cleaning sensor will show up above the ime screen and after done the cleaning sensor thing everything will go off, as should be.

g3gg0

Ottoga

Sorry, I may be missing something here. What is the purpose of this module?
EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

dmilligan

Quote from: Ottoga on March 05, 2014, 11:20:54 AM
Sorry, I may be missing something here. What is the purpose of this module?
to allow the user to input text. This module does nothing on its own really. It's meant to be used by other modules that need to receive text input.

Ottoga

Thanks. Do we know what modules it interacts with or visa versa?
EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

dmilligan

Quote from: Ottoga on March 06, 2014, 05:54:35 AM
Thanks. Do we know what modules it interacts with or visa versa?
IDK, you can check:

$ grep -R "ime_base_start" magic-lantern/modules/

DavidSh

got an orange message when trying to load ime_base says -  "v4.0, expect v5.0"
specs: 600d with latest build 2014.mar06
where can i find version 5?
600D | 5D3 | macOS Sierra | http://www.GentleDogMovie.com

ChadMuffin

g3gg0

DavidSh

g3gg0

ChadMuffin

DavidSh

beauchampy

Sorry for the noobish question (I'm not too clued up on compiling things).

I've downloaded the latest version of this module from the first post (the modules under "Update (12.08.13)")

Trying to get it to work on a 5D III 1.2.3 with the latest nightly (magiclantern-Nightly.2014Aug07.5D3123)

Getting "Wrong Version (v5.0 expected v6.0)

Can anyone point me in the direction of a version of this module that will work on this version of ML? It'd be awesome to add text information to the raw clips :)

Ta

Beauchampy

g3gg0

dpjpandone

IME_ROT has some issues on 7D, nothing is displayed at all until I scroll far enough clockwise to select "H" then I can see the rest of the characters, scrolling counterclockwise makes everything disappear again when I reach "G" so "A-G" can be selected, but I have to do it blind by counting. also, when I press "Q" and scroll counterclockwise the same disappearing behavior is exhibited.

IME_STD seems to work fine.

***UPDATE***

I compiled it myself and it seems to work fine.... don't know if the problem is with the pre-built module you posted in this thread, or if it was just a fluke, but compiled from main repository is working well, I really like this BTW!

mario1000

Quote from: dpjpandone on August 16, 2014, 04:10:11 AM
IME_ROT has some issues on 7D, nothing is displayed at all until I scroll far enough clockwise to select "H" then I can see the rest of the characters, scrolling counterclockwise makes everything disappear again when I reach "G" so "A-G" can be selected, but I have to do it blind by counting. also, when I press "Q" and scroll counterclockwise the same disappearing behavior is exhibited.

IME_STD seems to work fine.

***UPDATE***

I compiled it myself and it seems to work fine.... don't know if the problem is with the pre-built module you posted in this thread, or if it was just a fluke, but compiled from main repository is working well, I really like this BTW!

I notoiced the same behaviour for a 5D3.113 together with the last nightly build. Would it be possible for you to recompile this module for a 5D3? Thanks in advance.