rawrec - option to fully mask cropped area

Started by stevefal, June 11, 2013, 03:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevefal

Currently the recorded area is outlined in a white box. This request is to (optionally?) replace that with a black opaque mask that blocks out everything not being recorded. I think this will look cleaner but most importantly it'll create a clear effect of what is being recorded, for composition purposes.

Maybe some button could temporarily hide the mask in order to see what's behind it, but that wouldn't me important to me.
Steve Falcon

N/A

Good idea, I use custom cropmarks for framing the shot but it would be easier to follow subjects. Problem is, GD on might corrupt frames.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

1%

Was on on older module and fought with GD overlays.

stevefal

I just tried the cinescope.bmp cropmark overlay and that's pretty darn close for my purposes. I don't see it fighting with other overlays on 5D3 at least. If I could turn off the rawrec guide rectangle I could use my own bitmap and get the unobtrusive mask I'm looking for.

Maybe rawrec could automatically hide its guide if the user has chosen to display a cropmark bitmap.
Steve Falcon

a1ex

Cropmarks don't fight with overlays, because they were designed to integrate with them; but hardcoded graphics thrown on the screen will fight.

kukysimon

i certainly would pay 100$  to anyone who can make bars for me, when using my new AC7 OLED smallHD attached to to my mark3 through my HDMI port, so that the monitor will be able to display these crop bars  in these ways here :

1)   in all modes, Raw recording or non-Raw recording,
2)   in any size      (  16:9  1:2,3  1:2,67   1:3  ) & customizable to any ratio
3)   with customizable transparency of bars
4)   same for the 5x zoom recording feature when in magnifying mode , and raw video or non raw recording .

5)   customizable quick ON/OFF button of preset bars , so there is a quickmode to turn off and on  ...

i know this is not much money and some might laugh,... but there are so many who are now using monitors this seems to be sensible to offer from someone who has no money at all..

alex1 can may be help make sure the right guy get this ?

PS: only if all functions are delivered and functional .... ;)

kukysimon

Hi,... i was wondering if you can add your problem to this link, it seems there are dozens and dozens of people who started threads and topics about issues with external monitors , but these are all over the place and consequently no one thinks its an issue since they show up only one at a time in this very big haystack of threads. i started a thread at the developpers page addressing it to alex, in the hopes he can make this more priority, there is a vote and a follow option, if you wouldn't mind adding yours there as well, may be alex can then see how many people really do work with external monitors and have a hard time not seeing crop marks the right way and other issues:

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issue/1582/crop-bars-for-external-smallhd-oled-7-7

i would really appreciate your effort, may be we can all get together on those many issues with external monitors..

BR
Kuky