Canon 650D 1.0.1 [Status: Alpha / OBSOLETE]

Started by nanomad, June 09, 2013, 07:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1ricca

Quote from: foorgol on June 15, 2013, 05:04:57 PM
You shouldn't forget that not everyone runs Adobe software.

True, not everyone is serious about media production, but then why are they recording RAW video?

I kid, I kid ;)

Aborgh

Quote from: 1% on June 15, 2013, 08:38:18 PM
I'm guessing canon removes it. May also turn off when LV changes from 720P30 to whatever res is recorded.

Can you not look into what happens and apply that for RAW?

sudoaptgetupdate

I just installed the latest build from satriani (15.6.) and my "menu screen" looks a bit weird now. Before I just saw the free space on the card next to the battery icon. Now it seems that my EXIF copyright info is on the buttom and "in conflict" to something else. It's just cosmetic but maybe it is not supposed to look like this:

spider

Quote from: 1ricca on June 15, 2013, 01:06:43 PM
There's already a superior way than either of these for now. In Lightroom or ACR, turn Noise Removal in both Luminance and Color all the way up and then adjust the detail sliders until just around the point where the dots disappear enough.
I tried it
It kills all details and the dots are still visible.

tommix

I hope raw will never work on this camera so everybody will stop spending time on this crappy feature. Beginners do not need raw video, pro' don't buy this kind of level cameras.
Really hope devs don't spend their time on raw for this cam, cause there is more important thing to do to make this alpha to beta.

nanomad

Beside the fact that RAW also gives you 14 bit silent pics? Yeah

So, instead of bashing. What features do you propose?

Btw, the overlay is supposed to look like that now. But your copyright string is a bit long :P
I'll disable that info :)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Aborgh

Quote from: nanomad on June 16, 2013, 03:41:22 PM
Beside the fact that RAW also gives you 14 bit silent pics? Yeah

So, instead of bashing. What features do you propose?

Btw, the overlay is supposed to look like that now. But your copyright string is a bit long :P
I'll disable that info :)

I looooove the raw footage it is the single best thing about this camera! :D And when the pink dots will be removed it will be awesome!

Eslam Omar

will 1.0.4 be supported anytime soon?

MarlonSenanayake

guys its better to update ur 650D its vital

xanta

meaningless to argue whether we need the RAW feature right guys?
nanomad and the whole team must have their own considering
650D 18-135mm kit, 50-1.8 lens
hoping it can do faster than 45MB/s on RAW video mode......

xanta

Quote from: MarlonSenanayake on June 16, 2013, 04:13:24 PM
guys its better to update ur 650D its vital
the newfirmware is vital

quite difficult to choose from ML or the new 1.0.4 firmware, until the ml could work on 1.0.4!

_DK_

Quote from: tommix on June 16, 2013, 03:31:34 PM
I hope raw will never work on this camera so everybody will stop spending time on this crappy feature. ...

What about those who can not afford to buy cameras worth a couple of thousands?
If it will work, it would boost the video quality of this people, so why not just give it a try? I consider myself as a beginner, and yes I maybe don't need RAW, but the Image is way more detailed and sharper, than the original files. So it would be wonderfull to have it.

By the way, if it will never work some people will keep trying. If you want to stop it, you should wish for it to be done ;)

I hope most develeopers don't bother those guys, complaining about free gifts :/
Keep up your great work!
EOS 650D, 17-50 2.8, Nifty Fifty, Tamron 70-300mm
Sorry if my English is a little bad as I am not a native speaker

demetrisag

guys can anyone explain to me a little about this 14bit silent pic?

I realise its a raw dng. Is the original CR2 raw from my not 14bit and if not how much is it? And lastly how does one change the size of the silent pic and correct the aspect ratio too?

Pls at least if anyone answer the first question! too curious and cant find anything on the internet on a quick search!

xanta

Quote from: _DK_ on June 16, 2013, 04:36:58 PM
What about those who can not afford to buy cameras worth a couple of thousands?
If it will work, it would boost the video quality of this people, so why not just give it a try? I consider myself as a beginner, and yes I maybe don't need RAW, but the Image is way more detailed and sharper, than the original files. So it would be wonderfull to have it.

By the way, if it will never work some people will keep trying. If you want to stop it, you should wish for it to be done ;)

I hope most develeopers don't bother those guys, complaining about free gifts :/
Keep up your great work!

agree
i want to help but dont know how or even whether i am qualified enough to do those work ;)

nanomad

1.0.4 is on the schedule, don't worry. But I'd stick with the current fw for now. It's not like they fixed something there wasn't a work-around for
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

newsense

Quote from: tommix on June 16, 2013, 03:31:34 PM
I hope raw will never work on this camera so everybody will stop spending time on this crappy feature. Beginners do not need raw video, pro' don't buy this kind of level cameras.
Really hope devs don't spend their time on raw for this cam, cause there is more important thing to do to make this alpha to beta.

Since you seem to be rich why don't you go buy an Alexa or RED and don't worry about what us budget camera users are doing with our cameras.

satriani

Guys please, let developers to work quietly. It's so f... tinkering stuff with disassembling firmware.
I know what I'm talking about. If you can it better so do it. Your nagging will not help devs.
Cameras: Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 650D
Lenses: 2x CanonEF-S 18-135 IS STM, Sigma 50mm f1.4 DG HSM Art
Daily builds

kazeone

Has anyone else noticed ghosting in their images when shooting photos at night?

Edit: More info, I was shooting at a fair around midnight, with ISO 100, F8 and 2 second shutter on, I noticed in some of the photos like a mirror ghost effect going on in some of the photos.

foorgol

I noticed vertical stripes when I recorded a sunset timelapse with FPS override. The stripes where all over the image and only occurred when it was (almost) dark. I wasn't sure if it was due to the long recording time of nearly 45 minutes or due to the dark environment...

Edgar Matos

Just in this month, I had never seen so much pink since the pink panther vomited on my birthday party.

So I finally got my hands on the t4i. I tough it would be better, but the pink and green pixels pop up everywhere. It's really the AF that bad?
It's there a possibility to turn off the AF function while recording. The only thing I know for sure is that the live view look great, but the result doesn't match it.     

demetrisag

guys its still an alpha. and as I asked earlier does anyone know how many bits is canon raw? opposed to the 14bit silent DNG?

papkee

Quote from: demetrisag on June 16, 2013, 11:44:34 PM
guys its still an alpha. and as I asked earlier does anyone know how many bits is canon raw? opposed to the 14bit silent DNG?

I do believe it's 14-bit as well although don't quote me on that.
EOS 650D, a bunch of random lenses & adapters

demetrisag

Quote from: foorgol on June 16, 2013, 09:54:49 PM
I noticed vertical stripes when I recorded a sunset timelapse with FPS override. The stripes where all over the image and only occurred when it was (almost) dark. I wasn't sure if it was due to the long recording time of nearly 45 minutes or due to the dark environment...

Mate can you create a step to step guide for us who never used java before?

demetrisag

New question I just cant solve, nomatter how hard I look an asnwer on the internet and forums.

Why would anyone use Silent Pic 14bit instead of Canon Raw CR2 other than it is silent?

blade

Quote from: demetrisag on June 17, 2013, 12:05:35 PM
New question I just cant solve, nomatter how hard I look an asnwer on the internet and forums.

Why would anyone use Silent Pic 14bit instead of Canon Raw CR2 other than it is silent?

As far as i know, that is the only reason. Most dominant use would be e.g timelaps. It will save a lot of shutter action, save a lot of space, and the quality is perfect for this purpose.
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro