Canon 700D / T5i

Started by nanomad, June 01, 2013, 12:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHerring

I am not able to disable the bootflag on my T5I.

Update firmware with same fir that I used to enable it. I get no green txt.
I switch from M to something else. No effect.

If I want to run without ML I remove the bootable flag from the SD.

mva

Quote from: RedHerring on November 21, 2013, 07:06:12 AM
I am not able to disable the bootflag on my T5I.

You need to ask the devs whether it's even possible. There have been some suggestions that it may not be. Good luck.

gius.prenc

Quote from: RedHerring on November 21, 2013, 07:06:12 AM
If I want to run without ML I remove the bootable flag from the SD.

....how do you do that? With the EOScard tool, by deselecting the bootable checkbox options? My problem is that I tried in this way, but then the camera does not boot....To have it work again, I am forced to make the sd card bootable again (and place back on the sd card the ML files).

Note that I do not have any .fir file on the SD card (there is no .fir file contained in the .zip archive for the nightly build for the 700D).

Thanks.

Regards,

G.

TheUnkn0wn

Disabling the bootflag is very easy, one line of code in fact. The problem arises because of how risky it is to disable it, the devs don't want people claiming ML bricked their camera and so to prevent this the ability has been taken away for now until a more reliable way has been found.

a1ex should be able to create a .fir to disable the bootflag safely.

mva

Quote from: TheUnkn0wn on November 28, 2013, 02:42:22 AM
Disabling the bootflag is very easy, one line of code in fact. The problem arises because of how risky it is to disable it, the devs don't want people claiming ML bricked their camera and so to prevent this the ability has been taken away for now until a more reliable way has been found.

This seems entirely speculative to me (aside from the fact that the bootleg can be disabled with one line of code).

Why has the "problem not arisen" with any other camera besides the 5D3 (and now possibly the 700D too)?

Why were .fir files for disabling the bootflag created in the earliest stages for all other cameras, but with the 5d3 it's been five months and more than five threads with polite inquiries from numerous people to which the response has been pretty much utter silence?

Would it be "feeding the trolls" for A1ex to say whether or not there are special concerns with preparing a .fir for the 5D3 (and possibly the 700D too)?

That would be a bit pathetic. I give A1ex more credit than that, and suspect he has more serious reasons for having waited this long with the 5D3, unlike the other cameras, and for deciding not to respond to any inquiries about the issue. Still, I think he needs to find a way to say something about it (and possibly the 700D too).

ortigonover

Hi everybody, I have posted this video-guide with everything you need!
if you follow the steps you will be able to get ML in your canon 700D / t5i in a quite easy way!!

Remember that the version is not even Beta, therefore could be not stable.
I noticed that audio settings for ML is not present for the moment!

FilipeNico

Quote from: TheUnkn0wn on November 28, 2013, 02:42:22 AM

I was able do disable the magic lantern in 700d because in one of the formats of the card (without erasing ML) the camera gave an error while wrting the bootflag... after restarting the camera... magic lantern was gone...

and now that i've tried it i won't be installing it again until i have some official or stable installers/unninstallers.

MAYBE if i need to much i'll get it again before that...

Mar

Hi guys! I just bought 700d with 1.1.3 firmware and can't install ML on it. Is this real? There is no information about firmware at all

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads -> Browse Nightly Builds ->
700D.111
         ^^^ indicates required firmware version

Firmware version 1.1.3 is not available via Canon's support page yet. 1.1.1 is not downloadable and never will be (at least officially) because it's the first firmware version delivered with the cam and not a single "initial" firmware version has ever been made available for end users.
So you're pretty much lost until Canon will officially release 1.1.3 *and* after the developers coded ML for this firmware version.
And don't ask for a time frame because there will be none. Sorry!

Ciao
Walter

godashram

yeah, unless the new firmware is dumped, there is nothing you can do. Curious what Canon updated with this small rev jump.
Canon T5I, EOS M2

TheUnkn0wn

New firmware? Interesting!

mk11174

I have been looking for addresses for audio and this is what I have so far.

I was able to get beep working fine, I can change volume, type and frequency just fine.

With CONFIG_AUDIO_CONTROLS uncommented
Audio meters working but freeze cam when you record and the meters stop working if you run a beep test.
Audio remote shot works in photo mode, in record mode it will freeze cam once starts to record.

With CONFIG_AUDIO_CONTROLS commented and defining meters and remote shot
Audio meters only work while recording no freeze cam
Audio remote shot works while recording no freeze cam, doesn't work in Photo mode.

Need to try FilterRec fix to see if it helps, pretty sure I found correct address just need to add the code for it to test.

Of course Wav recording does not record anything, it works, just records nothing.

At least meters sort of work and beep works good.

I have been using 600D as Ref and I am pretty sure my stubs are correct, threshold was differ to find but Im guessing it is good since meters are working, seems like something else freezes cam because even if I disable meters it still freezes when I record if I have CONFIG_AUDIO_CONTROLS uncommented.
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

mk11174

Anyone interested in trying out this 700D build that adds Beep, Meters and MLV_SND to MLV_REC here is the link to what I have working so far.

The only way I could get it going to where I could record with MLV_SND was to use Tragic Lantern source for building, after finding the stubs and enabling the features, they seem to work fine so far.

I have not tested headphone monitor yet.

Also, meters are not yet working until your recording, but they do work and you do get sound with MLV_REC.

UPDATE: Link no longer good, but should be in nightly since I commited everything needed and was merged. 8]
https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/magic-lantern/downloads/ML_700D_TL_Audio_Jan_5_2014.zip

otto8

Amazing news!  :D I will try in the evening on my 700D... Thank you!

TheUnkn0wn

Quote from: mk11174 on January 05, 2014, 10:54:01 AM
I have been looking for addresses for audio and this is what I have so far.

I was able to get beep working fine, I can change volume, type and frequency just fine.

With CONFIG_AUDIO_CONTROLS uncommented
Audio meters working but freeze cam when you record and the meters stop working if you run a beep test.
Audio remote shot works in photo mode, in record mode it will freeze cam once starts to record.

With CONFIG_AUDIO_CONTROLS commented and defining meters and remote shot
Audio meters only work while recording no freeze cam
Audio remote shot works while recording no freeze cam, doesn't work in Photo mode.

Need to try FilterRec fix to see if it helps, pretty sure I found correct address just need to add the code for it to test.

Of course Wav recording does not record anything, it works, just records nothing.

At least meters sort of work and beep works good.

I have been using 600D as Ref and I am pretty sure my stubs are correct, threshold was differ to find but Im guessing it is good since meters are working, seems like something else freezes cam because even if I disable meters it still freezes when I record if I have CONFIG_AUDIO_CONTROLS uncommented.

Awesome! Never got round to doing this, too many things going on atm. I guess this is where you disable things one by one to find out what's causing the freezing.

Mikey P

Hey Magic Lantern friends!
I'm trying to get ML loaded up on my brothers t5i/700d and can't seem to find the ".fir" file for the initial install.
So far the t5i can only run a "Nightly Build" meaning it's not a stable release, but they're giving out the AUTOEXEC.bin and ML folder (for the t5i), but not the .fir file?

Anyone have to deal with this?

mk11174

Quote from: Mikey P on January 07, 2014, 01:33:12 AM
Hey Magic Lantern friends!
I'm trying to get ML loaded up on my brothers t5i/700d and can't seem to find the ".fir" file for the initial install.
So far the t5i can only run a "Nightly Build" meaning it's not a stable release, but they're giving out the AUTOEXEC.bin and ML folder (for the t5i), but not the .fir file?

Anyone have to deal with this?
UPDATED LINK, SORRY!
https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/t5i/downloads/700D_all%20you%20need%20MagicLatern.zip

mk11174

Here is the ML version of 700D that allows for MLV_REC with MLV_SND and enables beep and meters but still meters only work while recording.

I guess since we have meters and level and filter adjustments in Canon menu we really are not missing out on those features in ML.

This is compiled from up to date ML repo as of Jan 7 2014.
https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/magic-lantern/downloads/ML_700D_ML_Audio_Jan_7_2014.zip

asilnevs

This is great guys, thanks.
I just tried recording the sound and the bars are working very smooth.
I wanted to change the volume (1 to 5) but it seems that this is not working yet. Is that possible?

asilnevs

Aha, now I see.
The volume is for changing Beeptone  :D

TAB

Quote from: mk11174 on January 07, 2014, 11:51:32 AM
https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/magic-lantern/downloads/700D_all%20you%20need%20MagicLatern.zip

Awesome, thanks!

I've been trying to figure out the .fir for ages. I've finally registered to say thank you.

So I'm wondering, how long did it take to bring a stable release to the 600d?

I know there's no way to estimate a timeframe on upcoming versions, I'm just trying to gauge how long it's taken in the past.

mk11174

Quote from: asilnevs on January 07, 2014, 06:43:20 PM
Aha, now I see.
The volume is for changing Beeptone  :D
Yeah, for beep tone 8] but if we need to change the mic volume at least we can just use Canons input changer in the Canon menu, and our speaker volume is also adjustable on cam, so we really are not missing out on those features at least.

godashram

I'd love to test the audio meters, and they would be useful this week while at CES, but because I need stability for CES, I can't risk it :(

Very excited to have meters while recording though, it'll help for interviews :)
Canon T5I, EOS M2

mk11174

I added the changes to repo and they were accepted and merged so maybe will be in nightly soon.