Canon 700D / T5i

Started by nanomad, June 01, 2013, 12:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drone2406

Hi. I installed ML114 on 700d/T5i, but There are error message " Isoless PH ERR(15)". Help me, please.

DanielB

Hello everyone! I'm new here and just started using ML on my T5i. I love this add-on, GREAT work to all involved!!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I may have found a bug (or possibly it's a hardware/software limitation)... If this has already been discussed, then I apologize. I tried to search but didn't find anything.

I set the focus patterns shortcut option in ML to ON so that I can quickly change the pattern in photo mode thru the view finder (not live view of course) by using the arrow+set keys. It works as intended when the LCD screen is facing outwards or in any other position besides LCD facing inwards to the camera body. For whatever reason, when the LCD screen is flipped around and closed into the body (I.e. in the position where you couldn't accidentally scratch the screen cause you can't see it) the arrow+set keys stop working (that is, the focus pattern no longer changes in the view finder).

sergiolopez94

Hey guys...
I was wondering if the audio controls will ever be available in the t5i

Walter Schulz

At time of writing there are no advanced audio options for cams featuring DiGiC 5 processors.

DanielB

Does anyone have any comments on my previous post (#927)? Am I just doing something wrong...?

I also cannot get any of the special image review features to work at all. I first tried the exposure fusion feature to see an example of some AEB photos I took, but it wouldn't work. Then I tried Compare Images, that wouldn't do anything either. I tried changing the trigger buttons from set+dial to just Left/Right keys and back and forth, still nothing.

I love the software though! For the most part it's tip top, 99%

ToxinLhays

Hii all...
Magic Lantern has been update to 2.3 but i cant find for Canon 700D.... where i can get newest version?

bigsmall999

On the first post of this thread it says I should have Canon 1.1.3 firmware installed.

On the download page it lists 1.1.4.

Please can you advise, should I have 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 installed before installing this version of ML (magiclantern-Nightly.2016Sep16.700D114.zip)?

Thanks.

Walter Schulz

oeci

At the end of September Canon has released a new firmware, 1.1.5, which fixes usage of certain lenses. Will there be a new nightly in the near future that works with the latest official firmware. Not that it's urgent (at least for me) since I don't use the lenses concerned, I'm just curious.

By the way, thank you for your wonderful piece of software, it really enhances the camera even though as an amateur I only use a few out of all features offered by Magical Lantern.

dfort

Quote from: oeci on October 03, 2016, 04:17:42 PM
At the end of September Canon has released a new firmware, 1.1.5, which fixes usage of certain lenses. Will there be a new nightly in the near future that works with the latest official firmware...

Someone asked this same question on another topic so at the risk of double posting, to get ML working on a new firmware is a lot of work so unless there's a high demand for 1.1.5 and a developer willing to work on it -- it will probably not be updated any time soon.

Quote1.1.5 Corrects a phenomenon in which when using the camera with the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM or EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM lens, even if lens aberration correction is set to "Enable", correction will not be applied

Felipe

New 700D cameras are being sold with the new firmware, that in the case of the 100D new firmware, shows a better video autofocus in servo an face tracking.
Despite Canon does not mention this it does focuses better.
650D-700D

sdelange99

Today I got my camera back from a Canon repair center. My phase detection AF had to be re-aligned due to front focussing. Prior to sending my camera I uninstalled ML, just to be sure. In the end, the repair was covered by my warranty.

Unfortunately, the repair center also updated my camera's firmware to 1.1.5  :'(.

Is there any way to downgrade to 1.1.4 so I can use ML again?

Walter Schulz

Yes. Top of page -> Downloads -> Download Nightly Builds -> 700D/Rebel T5i and read.

sdelange99

The firmware link didn't work as the Canon website only shows 1.1.5 now.

I downloaded the 1.1.5 file and looked at its filename (v115-t5i-700d-x7i-win.zip)
Then, searching Google for "v114-t5i-700d-x7i-win.zip download" I found a download link from the Canon Canada website.

Here's a link:
http://www.canon.ca/InetDD/downloadDriverOs.htm?sessionid=null&Families=45&Lines=7&Products=2201047&LANGUAGE=ENG&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fcanoncanada.custhelp.com%2Fapp%2Fanswers%2Flist%2Fp%2F918%252C819%2Fc%2F315&act=&actiontype=&contrl=os&OSid=33&languagecd=&contentid=&osid=#

Just installed it though the camera and then installed ML. It works fine now.

dfort

@sdelange99 -- So no problems downgrading from 1.1.5 to 1.1.4? No gotchas? Good to know.

Did you by any chance notice improvements to autofocus in 1.1.5? Don't know if that's a fact or a rumor. The only thing 1.1.5 fixes is:

QuoteCorrects a phenomenon in which when using the camera with the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM or EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM lens, even if lens aberration correction is set to "Enable", correction will not be applied.

sdeups

Hi, I have 2 questions. I'll buy the 700D but apparently the firmware is 1.1.5, is compatible with magic lantern?
and this software allows you to record movie continuously without time limit?

Thanks

Walter Schulz

1: No. Go to http://pel.hu/eoscard and download firmware 1.1.4.
2: RAW/MLV: Continuous recording.
H.264: You will loose some frames at 29:59.
Or use external HDMI recorder

sdeups

Ok, thanks

It's better than buying a 700D Or full HD camcorder?

Walter Schulz

sdeups

I am worth making beautiful photos and to record full HD over 30 minutes continuously

Walter Schulz

Seamless recording in H.264 beyond 29:59 not possible with or without ML.
Continuous 1080p recording in RAW/MLV not possible with 700D.

sdeups

Walter Schulz

sdeups

Do you know a other device that enables 1080p continuously?